2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I; think winning approximately 70 % of the regular season schedule, winning the division title and engaging in the second playoff game for the NFL champion ship shoul d be considered a good year. Going to the Super Bowl would be very good year and winning the Super Bowl would have been a great year.
I don't know, half of those wins were against division rivals and the NFCE was pretty weak this year. I do give them credit for coming on strong and at least making the playoffs, which pretty much nobody expected after the first half of the season. I don't know if that happens without the Cooper trade though, he brought a different dimension to the offense.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't know, half of those wins were against division rivals and the NFCE was pretty weak this year. I do give them credit for coming on strong and at least making the playoffs, which pretty much nobody expected after the first half of the season. I don't know if that happens without the Cooper trade though, he brought a different dimension to the offense.
Well the weak division fielded Two teams in the playoffs and both went to the second game. I may be wrong but both of their losses were by 8 or less points. This was the best showing of any of the teams rhat was eliminated. As a team I think the Dallas organization has a pretty bright future as far as personnel is concerned . They are still young and have room on their upside to improve more especially on the offense because the team chemistry hasn’t really been established yet. The defense also is young and improved considerably.

I have reservations with the QB position and I’m not crazy about the style of play because the QB doesn’t fit in very well. I think the team can improve with a few leadership/coaching changes or new systems to fit the personnel,

p1_

DCC 4Life
I; think winning approximately 70 % of the regular season schedule, winning the division title and engaging in the second playoff game for the NFL champion ship shoul d be considered a good year. Going to the Super Bowl would be very good year and winning the Super Bowl would have been a great year.
This team needs to make a conference title appearance. I didnt say win it, just get there.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Well the weak division fielded Two teams in the playoffs and both went to the second game
Simply due to a particular Cowboys fan cheering for the Eagles. :unsure

p1_

DCC 4Life
Leighton Vander Esch will replace Luke Kuechly at the Pro Bowl, becoming the first Cowboys rookie defender to play in the all-star game since Everson Walls in 1981. Vander Esch led the Cowboys with 176 tackles, according to the coaches’ breakdown, which... espn.com/espn/now?nowId…

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Then an equipment manager needs to be taken to the woodshed, no?
Shove that motherfuckers face in the mirror while screaming "look at that man..look!" then cut his 12,000/year salary. Thats how a REAL GM rolls.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Adios, Shrimp.

He is probably the very same "fan favorite" Jerry Jones said would likely not make the cut of free agent priorities.

Mentioned all the usual suspects, like Lawrence, Prescott, Byron Jones, but not him.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Lots of fans looking in from the outside have thought that for years, myself included. As long as the $$$ is rolling in and the team is *just* good enough to stay relevant, he's happy. The thing is, the team was already relevant when he bought it, it probably did more to make him relevant than anything. Every fan knew who the Cowboys were before he bought the team, almost no one had ever heard of Jerry Jones and now even non-football fans have heard of him. He didn't make this team, this team made him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Adios, Shrimp.

He is probably the very same "fan favorite" Jerry Jones said would likely not make the cut of free agent priorities.

Mentioned all the usual suspects, like Lawrence, Prescott, Byron Jones, but not him.
Sure would be nice to have Switzer to fill those shoes. We had the right plan, we just abandoned it for no good reason.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Sure would be nice to have Switzer to fill those shoes. We had the right plan, we just abandoned it for no good reason.
don't you think Tavon can do those things? and faster?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
don't you think Tavon can do those things? and faster?
Probably, would add another dimension to the slot play too. He has the speed to split the safties from the slot if we are smart enough to do it. I do worry about his injury history too.

Nice thing is he is a threat on the outside too.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, that trade just made no effing sense at all.

Jihad Ward, yay. Cut within no time at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom