2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Who was the head coach the last few times when we didn't take those next steps?

Oh.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Define overall good season for we humble fans Stephen, please. Enlighten us.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, they aren't gonna go out and make the completely unsolicited big splashes, such as I mentioned in the thread I started, like they aren't gonna go get Grady Jarrett to anchor the DL.

But a guy who wants to be here in Earl Thomas might happen if they can get him for slightly under market value, which might be the case coming off an injury and with his stock being dinged because of the problems he had meshing with Seattle's staff, and of course because he basically told the league he wants to play in Dallas.

Another guy like Eifert who has been injured but the staff loved, they might be in on him for a discount. Those are two guys I think would be tremendous additions.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So, is Beasley gone or nah?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
There needs to be lots done to address this, but not every move can help the Cowboys pass game. There isn't a big named WR to target. I don't know if that would help anyway. We could use a TE, but there's no elite TE to chase. The OL is gonna get a shot in the arm when it gets Frederick back. Not sure what else can be done besides adding WR depth and getting a new OC, if we do in fact go that route (which we should).

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Of course but he will cost much more term and yearly salary than a guy like Earl Thomas will; plus, the Seahawks have essentially already waived goodbye to Thomas, he's free. The Giants will scratch and claw to keep Collins, and what's more, to keep him from a division opponent.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There needs to be lots done to address this, but not every move can help the Cowboys pass game. There isn't a big named WR to target. I don't know if that would help anyway. We could use a TE, but there's no elite TE to chase. The OL is gonna get a shot in the arm when it gets Frederick back. Not sure what else can be done besides adding WR depth and getting a new OC, if we do in fact go that route (which we should).
Give me a TE in the draft and a legit RB. That's what I would do to improve the offense along with an offensive coordinstor.

The need for a RB capable of taking some carries/catches off Zeke's back might be as important as anything on offense.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Newt

DCC 4Life
I can't imagine him saying that without it being sarcastic.

That would be like saying one of the rewards of getting fired is getting to draw unemployment.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom