2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Give it a rest and move on.

All of that is fine. I wasn’t trying to cover evert contingency toward seeking a new coach, I was expressing my preference as to what I think a new coach should be. All of the other gaff about me saying or implying that Garrett should be retained otherwise became a lot of useless flack that was from out of the blue. If I was trying to convey that point I would have simply said otherwise Garrett should be retained. I would have clarified my opinion in that regard by just stating it that way. I am still at a loss as to how an “implication “ was derived when I could have simply said it if that is what I meant.

I fully understand that there may other candidates that the organization may have to choose from but the guideline of Paytons level is my opinion of what I think the organization “needs”. Garrett being retained otherwise is simply from someone else’s mind. I am astutely aware that Garrett is an albatross to the organization. Thanks for indulging me.
Dave Campo could probably win COTY with this current squad.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I’d be willing to bet that if Jerry fires Garrett, hires/promotes someone with at least a solid clue of how to coach when you have a high powered offense and so-so defense, this current team could win a few playoff games this year.

It has to be done after a loss to Buffalo, though. If they somehow beat Buffalo tomorrow, all bets are off. They’ll lose first round if they somehow back in.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I’d be willing to bet that if Jerry fires Garrett, hires/promotes someone with at least a solid clue of how to coach when you have a high powered offense and so-so defense, this current team could win a few playoff games this year.

It has to be done after a loss to Buffalo, though. If they somehow beat Buffalo tomorrow, all bets are off. They’ll lose first round if they somehow back in.
You are way off in terms of how it will roll.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Garrett has been here since 2007.

That’s Landry-esque by today’s standards.

I think Jerry’s senile brain has imprinted on him and can’t imagine anyone else running the team.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Garrett has been here since 2007.

That’s Landry-esque by today’s standards.

I think Jerry’s senile brain has imprinted on him and can’t imagine anyone else running the team.
Jerry knows that Garrett isn't a great coach. But he is his friend and he wants him to succeed. You would think after this long Jerry would know that Garrett is never going to become a great coach. But I think he clings to the idea of his friend becoming a better coach.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Jerry knows that Garrett isn't a great coach. But he is his friend and he wants him to succeed. You would think after this long Jerry would know that Garrett is never going to become a great coach. But I think he clings to the idea of his friend becoming a better coach.
He’s now dogging his friend through the local media

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Fuck that noise. I wasn't kidding when I said I wasn't playing his stupid games. Dude says we need a coach on the level of Sean Payton. It's obvious that the mystery person he's imagining would replace Jason Garrett, but if you bring up Garrett's name? DDUUUURRRRRR!! DATS NOT WUT I SED!!!
Bringing up Garrett’s name with the assumption that I would recommend him being retained if another candidate that didn’t meet a Payton criteria is what I have objection to.. Garrett’s level and another candidates comparative level wasn’t in my conversation but that is the direction others tried to take it. And assuming I didn’t realize another candidate on Payton’s level wouldn’t be an upgrade was also utilized as your laughing point to my initial post was used by you to ridicule my post. So don’t act so offended if I reminded you that my post wasn’t about Garrett..

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Dave Campo could probably win COTY with this current squad.
Are you saying the Coach doesn’t matter and this team could be champion contenders regardless? If that were the case then Garrett wouldn’t be a factor but will anyone take that position?

Last edited:

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Are you saying the Coach doesn’t matter and this team could be champion contenders regardless? If that were the case then Garrett wouldn’t be a factor but will anyone take that position?
No. I’m saying Garrett is a piece of shit. I’m saying he’s a worse coach than Dave Campo.

Campo never had a decent roster with the salary cap woes they were going through at the time. Garrett has had too 10 rosters for much of his tenure and has produced, what?, 2 playoff wins?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
No.
It’s easy. @L.T. Fan has advocated for Garrett’s dismissal a long time ago. However, don’t hire a coach unless he’s at least at Payton’s level.

So, fire Garrett and go head coach-less.
Start the search now and I believe it has already begun, let Garrett finish the season and his contract, then let him walk. No need to fire him now the season is already over the hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom