2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
Awuzie and Byron Jones look really mediocre. If they’re not getting beat they simply have their back to the ball

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
He should get an interview but he's not as hot of a HC commodity as i would have thought just a couple years ago.

I also like the strides kitna and moore are making with Dak, but want neither as the HC.

My bet is Jerry finds a defensive guy who'll retain the offensive coaches.
sounds about right, deck chairs on the titanic......

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
sounds about right, deck chairs on the titanic......
Until Jerry's gone, that's all we've got.

Is there a way to force him to hire and respect a new GM?

Tell me, i'm all ears.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter

Tell me, i'm all ears.
none that are realistic

something I do think would have great effect on him which also won't ever happen because fans are too stupid to unite is if no one listened, watched or read any radio shows, interviews, TV shows, articles with or about him. To the point where all media completely ignored him because of how the ratings plummet when he's on their medium. If that ever happened and he got zero attention including from fans in person (imagine no one asking for autographs), he might die from a broken heart.

I think the fame and attention is what matters most to him at this point in life, there's nothing he cant buy, most of which he can no longer enjoy. He's made more money than can be spent on enjoying lifes pleasures.

PS...imo, running the Cowboys his way gives him the most pleasure despite being completely inadequate for the job and unsuccessful so to him, walking away from this role is tantamount to putting both feet in the grave

data

Forbes #1
Yep and Jerry hasn’t learned or simply refuses to acknowledge that getting lucky in an oil buy by rolling the dice because you are flat broke really doesn’t have any damn correlation with football.

Tell me, i'm all ears.
Forget the ears. How about your eyes, those big puppy brown eyes you have that see signs...big signs along the highway that provide persuasion in 2 seconds as you zip by at 85mph.

What do they call those signs?

Oh yeah, harbingers of a rebellion...a fan rebellion.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Forget the ears. How about your eyes, those big puppy brown eyes you have that see signs...big signs along the highway that provide persuasion in 2 seconds as you zip by at 85mph.

What do they call those signs?

Oh yeah, harbingers of a rebellion...a fan rebellion.
I believe we've determined that this approach isn't possible.

There are fans who want the team to perform well, but I we're outnumbered by folks who just want to wear the star and shout yeehaw.

A few thousand active and engaged fans boycotting the top grossing team in the world aren't going to impact the profits enough to turn the margins in the slightest.

Kindest & warmest regards,
William Board (shoutout and all props to @Carp )

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
none that are realistic

something I do think would have great effect on him which also won't ever happen because fans are too stupid to unite is if no one listened, watched or read any radio shows, interviews, TV shows, articles with or about him. To the point where all media completely ignored him because of how the ratings plummet when he's on their medium. If that ever happened and he got zero attention including from fans in person (imagine no one asking for autographs), he might die from a broken heart.

I think the fame and attention is what matters most to him at this point in life, there's nothing he cant buy, most of which he can no longer enjoy. He's made more money than can be spent on enjoying lifes pleasures.

PS...imo, running the Cowboys his way gives him the most pleasure despite being completely inadequate for the job and unsuccessful so to him, walking away from this role is tantamount to putting both feet in the grave
You're right...if we don't win Jerry's way, we just won't win.

He's still trying to prove to someone that he's not a fluke.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
:lol
You're kidding, right? Unless somebody is at the level of Sean Payton, they wouldn't be an upgrade to Jason Garrett? GTFO.
That’s not what I said. I said for what Dallas needs. In order to take this team to the Super Bowl again it will take someone to the level or above Payton. I didn’t reference Garrett at all. Are you just looking for something to jump on.?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
That's exactly what you said. You did not have this extra criteria in the first post. But, whatever. I'm not playing this stupid shit with you again.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This is basically the argument. No Sean Payton? No other potential Super Bowl coaches? Might as well stick with Garrett.
So you make your own analysis of what I said? Then declare it as true? There is nothing in my comment about Garrett. I am on record for a long time as one who thinks Garrett should have been gone a long time ago.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's exactly what you said. You did not have this extra criteria in the first post. But, whatever. I'm not playing this stupid shit with you again.
Nor did I reference Garrett at all. It not a game and you made another presumptuous decision as to what I said. You have a knack for that.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

:lol

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's not exactly what I said. But just keep on with the presumption.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That’s not what I said. I said for what Dallas needs. In order to take this team to the Super Bowl again it will take someone to the level or above Payton. I didn’t reference Garrett at all. Are you just looking for something to jump on.?
I'm your Huckleberry. So, if we can't get a coach at Sean Payton's level or above, would you keep Jason Garrett or not?

p1_

DCC 4Life
I'm your Huckleberry. So, if we can't get a coach at Sean Payton's level or above, would you keep Jason Garrett or not?
There are strong candidates available. No fucking way do you keep him (Garrett).

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
No. The whole premise is that Garrett needs to go and his replacement should be at a level on par with Payton.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No. The whole premise is that Garrett needs to go and his replacement should be at a level on par with Payton.
The point is there is a huge gap between Garrett and Payton, so there are coaches in between the two talent levels. So, if we can't get Payton, do you take a coach in between?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The point is there is a huge gap between Garrett and Payton, so there are coaches in between the two talent levels. So, if we can't get Payton, do you take a coach in between?
No. My position is to go for a high level proven commodity because there has already been too much time wasted. Don't ask me who because there aren't that many available and I'm aware of the difficulty but still as I said that is what Dallas needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom