2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And Garrett as well.

Youre welcome.
If there was a DT or Safety to pine over I would be in. But Dallas won't take them anyway either.

We have the talent on offense. We have a Farrari that is being deiven by an 80 year old man who refuses to go over 35 mph.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Personally, I think Garrett gets the axe if this season continues to bottom out. Dak, on the other hand, has Jerry's undying adoration.
There is nothing wrong with Prescott as the QB.

But he needs better coaching than this sack of shit HC can provide. The whole team does.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
There is nothing wrong with Prescott as the QB.

But he needs better coaching than this sack of shit HC can provide. The whole team does.
I think Dak is average/above average. He has to have an elite WR and a top OL to make things happen. Not to mention Zeke takes a lot of burden off of him. His passes are inconsistent and erratic.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I think Dak is average/above average. He has to have an elite WR and a top OL to make things happen. Not to mention Zeke takes a lot of burden off of him. His passes are inconsistent and erratic.
His passing is a lot better this year, especially on playaction, if we would just get back to calling it

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Zeke hasn't done much this year. A lot of his yards in the early wins came after Dak got us the lead.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Personally, I think Garrett gets the axe if this season continues to bottom out. Dak, on the other hand, has Jerry's undying adoration.
Garrett is in a contract year. I think he is on far shakier ground then Jerry admits. He would have been extended if Jerry didn't want him to prove something this year.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
His passing is a lot better this year, especially on playaction, if we would just get back to calling it
Saw a stat last night:
First three games we went play action nearly 40%
Last three a little over 15%
Another stat:
Only four coaches have as much or more tenure as Garrett. Every single one of them have at least one Lombardi

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Watch this be the week Dallas gets two INTs and a fumble recovery... those turnovers will be the key to beating Philly.

Book it.
Welp... How are you spending those Powerball millions, dbair?

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Sitting here with wood, watching Herbert and Eason looking like NFL QB's. But who am I kidding? Jerry extends Dak, regardless of this season's outcome.
For God's sake, how can anyone with no credentials tell whether two college QBs "look like NFL QBs?" They're playing against a bunch of 18 - 20 year old boys, not against a group of 23 - 28 year old men -- elite, seasoned professionals.

I remember when Mariota came out of Oregon, like the second coming of Jesus. And he actually fooled bonafide NFL scouts, not armchair wannabes.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
For God's sake, how can anyone with no credentials tell whether two college QBs "look like NFL QBs?" They're playing against a bunch of 18 - 20 year old boys, not against a group of 23 - 28 year old men -- elite, seasoned professionals.

I remember when Mariota came out of Oregon, like the second coming of Jesus. And he actually fooled bonafide NFL scouts, not armchair wannabes.
Yeah we aren't just talking about good NFL QBs. He wants someone better than Dak. So your Carson Wentz type prospects won't even cut it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's laughable that people think Dak needs to be replaced. He was lights out the first 3 games, shitty against the Saints (which doesn't look so bad in hindsight with how their defense is playing), very 2011 Romo-esque against the Packers with plenty of big plays along with boneheaded mistakes, good against the Jets despite being down Cooper/Cobb/Smith/Collins and having Gallup drop about 3 balls, and then lights out against the Eagles except for the one inexplicable jump ball he threw to Austin.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

some smack talk from Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom