2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
After scoring 35 points and putting up nearly 500 yards in offense in the season opener, offensive coordinator Kellen Moore has been hailed as a hero for the Cowboys. But Moore has been around football long enough to know struggles lurk around the corner in a week-to-week league, especially with a defensive front like Washington’s that has caught Moore’s attention. “It’ll happen. It’s a long season. We’ll have our ups and downs,” Moore said. “Fortunately able to start well, but we know the inevitable aspect of the NFL. We’ll go through some challenges. I think we’ve got the right guys to deal with it.”

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
CBS also reported the Cowboys are interested in Fitzpatrick.

If we do trade for him will be interesting to see what position they play him at. He hates playing SS and seems much commentary on him is his best position is a slot CB. Seems like a really ideal deep FS with range and he has always been a playmaker (whether at nickel CB, FS or even special teams).

Would Woods go to SS if they traded for Fitz? Or would they include Lewis or Brown in the deal and play him at CB/slotCB/nickel DB, with the idea that next yr he might take Byron Jones' CB spot. They'd save a ton of cap room by not resigning Jones and having Fitzpatrick for essentially 3 more seasons under his rookie deal.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Tavon Austin made it through 1 game before getting hurt again. Out Sunday according to reports.

Not really sure why we kept him anyway.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Tavon Austin made it through 1 game before getting hurt again. Out Sunday according to reports.

Not really sure why we kept him anyway.
It happens at a position where I think we
can readily replace him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is all bullshit. We aren't looking to trade for him. This is the same "always open for business" crap Goof Son says anytime rumors start.
Even if we are willing to trade for him the Dolphins supposedly have put a pretty high price tag on the guy. I don't want him unless it's a good deal for us.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Is he any good? Was he the only decent player in that secondary that got scrafed by the Ravens?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Is he any good? Was he the only decent player in that secondary that got scrafed by the Ravens?
Put it to you this way, he would be an upgrade at both S and CB. But it is not worth getting excited about.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Supposedly might be Taco, Jourdan and a 3rd.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
so we're gonna fork over all that because we stupidly took Hill instead of a safety. best front office in football!
I would do that. 2 players that they really dont play and a lower pick than they wanted.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supposedly might be Taco, Jourdan and a 3rd.
That would blow. Jourdan is a very good player. Give up a former first, third and a third round pick for a former first. Just seems excessive and I'm not sure we are getting a great safety out of it.

Rev

Staff member
That would blow. Jourdan is a very good player. Give up a former first, third and a third round pick for a former first. Just seems excessive and I'm not sure we are getting a great safety out of it.
what are these guys doing for the Cowboys? Taco is inactive and in the doghouse. They for some reason dont like Jourdan. Might as well get somebody that will help your team.

Dont get caught up in what they were. Look at what they are and being used. Everywhere that I have read Fitzpatrick is raved about. I dont get the downside here.

I dont think it will happen because its just the rumor mill and everybody loves to throw the cowboys in the hat.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
what are these guys doing for the Cowboys? Taco is inactive and in the doghouse. They for some reason dont like Jourdan. Might as well get somebody that will help your team.
The problem is you're also giving up a third to top it off. If I loved Minkah it would be different but I'm not sure he is even a safety here. Of course I could see him being a really good corner in this scheme.

It's dumb we don't use Taco and Lewis more.

Rev

Staff member
The problem is you're also giving up a third to top it off. If I loved Minkah it would be different but I'm not sure he is even a safety here. Of course I could see him being a really good corner in this scheme.

It's dumb we don't use Taco and Lewis more.
So look at it as giving up a third for Minkah. Those others are just fillers that arent going to play for you or in Lewis case play much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom