2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
That's pretty much what we are all hoping for.

I'm still skeptical because of his lack of coaching experience, but we shall see soon enough whether this gamble pays off.

One area that I'm 99.99% sure that we'll see an improvement in is the sequence of play calling; particularly on 1st downs. Linehan fell into too much of a rut with his 1st down play calls. Unless they were in a 2-minute drill it was a pretty safe bet that the Cowboys were going to run some kind of between the tackles run on 1st down.

I think Moore will be more aggressive with his early down play calls.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
They don’t need a revolution. They need tweaks and small improvements and for Prescott to play better.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
And a RB so teams cant just focus on Dak.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
And a RB so teams cant just focus on Dak.
I really think Pollard can be that back if needed. He isn't on Zeke's level, of course, but he can be serviceable enough to keep defenses from pinning their ears back and coming after Dak.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Twitter just blew up for a few minutes while Jones, on his fifth Johnny Walker Blue, decided to troll the fan base.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I really think Pollard can be that back if needed. He isn't on Zeke's level, of course, but he can be serviceable enough to keep defenses from pinning their ears back and coming after Dak.
Has he shown you enough to believe?

I'm not convinced.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Same here. I'm going to see more than just a few preseason carries.
I think if Pollard could fill Zeke's shoes at least as well as Connor did for LeVeon Bell, we'll be good to go. I know that's a lofty hypothetical but Connor showed it can be done.
Pollard is no Zeke, and Connor was no Bell. But that would be an incredible turn of events.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Cowboys extend La’el Collins. 5 years.

Didn’t see that coming.

Before knowing numbers, I’m betting it’s another team-win deal. He’s another guy with a lot of reason to show team loyalty. Which is probably part of a message they are sending too. To not just Zeke but also Byron, Cooper and Dak.

Cotton

Staff member
Has he shown you enough to believe?

I'm not convinced.
Between his college career and what I have seen of him in the NFL so far, yes, I'm convinced.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Between his college career and what I have seen of him in the NFL so far, yes, I'm convinced.
I'm not convinced. Big difference between college, preseason and the regular season. Think with his work resume its a wait and see approach with a hopeful outlook.

Now I think it's pretty safe to think there is a good chance that he could be better than an aging Morris. I don't think he could take the pressure off of Dak, though.

Cotton

Staff member
I'm not convinced. Big difference between college, preseason and the regular season. Think with his work resume its a wait and see approach with a hopeful outlook.

Now I think it's pretty safe to think there is a good chance that he could be better than an aging Morris. I don't think he could take the pressure off of Dak, though.
I'm telling you people, hide and watch. This man will flourish in this league. I should add a caveat. He will flourish if used correctly.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I didn't either. Kinda odd, to be honest.
I think the Cowboys needed to spend more cash for cap purposes. They planned to do that through Zeke, Cooper and Dak. But now that those deals aren't done I think the Cowboys did it with Collins.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm telling you people, hide and watch. This man will flourish in this league. I should add a caveat. He will flourish if used correctly.
He has definitely changed my opinion of him. We should have one of the best run blocking lines in the NFL this year. So it shouldn't be that complicated to get a productive RB in Dallas. Just go and get the yards the line is giving you.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Sorry to interrupt, please continue clapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom