X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm fine giving Prescott about 28 a year. I mean, it's not great but Cousins got 28, Garoppolo got 27.5 and Stafford got 27 a few years ago. Prescott deserves to be paid along with those guys. More convincingly, if you adjust the deal Newton got in 2015 for the inflation in the cap you'd have a deal averaging just over 27 a year. He shouldn't be getting 30, and I'd rather wait it out a bit longer until maybe October or so to see how he looks over the first half of the season, but the going rate is going to be 28-29 a year and you either pay it or you don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simpleton View Post
      I'm fine giving Prescott about 28 a year. I mean, it's not great but Cousins got 28, Garoppolo got 27.5 and Stafford got 27 a few years ago.
      It is pretty much inevitable. Not concerned about it mainly because it is going to happen; no need to bitch about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by boozeman View Post
        no need to bitch about it.
        2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
          Amari Cooper is a big deal but I guess we could franchise tag him if needed.

Comment

• Being able to franchise Amari is probably the number one reason to get Dak done sooner rather than later. Aside from that I'd be perfectly fine waiting Dak out as well.

Comment

Being able to franchise Amari is probably the number one reason to get Dak done sooner rather than later. Aside from that I'd be perfectly fine waiting Dak out as well.
              Yeah pretty much. We can't afford to lose Cooper after giving up a first round pick for him. It's part of the problem with the concept of "he is only 24 and better than everyone in the draft." A draft pick would have 5 years before free agency. We have to get Cooper done otherwise you get a year and a half our of him for a first round pick. It's also why most teams have that contract worked out before making the trade.

Comment

• Even with having to give Dak, Amari and Elliott big extensions I think we're mostly in a good place cap wise. The core of our OL are all locked up at reasonable rates and we are set up to be able to move on from guys like Collins, Byron and Crawford, all of whom are in the top 10 on the team in 2019 cap hits. Jaylon Smith will need a big extension in 2021 but other than that we only have roleplayers like Maliek Collins and Anthony Brown coming up for extensions who we could move on from if their demands are too high.

Comment

Even with having to give Dak, Amari and Elliott big extensions I think we're mostly in a good place cap wise. The core of our OL are all locked up at reasonable rates and we are set up to be able to move on from guys like Collins, Byron and Crawford, all of whom are in the top 10 on the team in 2019 cap hits. Jaylon Smith will need a big extension in 2021 but other than that we only have roleplayers like Maliek Collins and Anthony Brown coming up for extensions who we could move on from if their demands are too high.
                  I agree. Pay the special players and replace the middle of the road guys. Collins, Crawford and Byron are good players but they aren't special talents and they can be replaced. You can't get into the habit of paying guys like that big money. Besides if you let them walk then suddenly you have a bunch of comp picks coming your way. Guys like Cooper and Elliott are special. You pay those guys. And Dak while he might not be a "special" QB, he is certainly the type of QB you need to keep around.

Comment

• Comment

• defense wins championships

Comment

• defense wins championships

Comment

• Originally posted by p1_ View Post
                          That's not a hint at all. Skip is crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by boozeman View Post
                            I am not sure how he slipped as far as he did. He has size, strength and was highly productive at getting in the backfield. I think he could be a really nice piece for us. I'm excited to see what he does in preseason.

Comment

Yeah, that human beings are not supposed to be like that...

And probably his back.
                              2018 Pickem Champion

Comment

This pic does not describe the degenerative condition in his back.

Comment

Working...
                                X