• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    Dak Prescott for Russell Wilson.

Who says no?
    I say no.

Comment

• Russell seems to be in a declining state. Prescott is still a hopeful prospect on the upswing. Neither is absolute about which way their careers will go but the current status seems to be that the arrow is up on Prescorr and down on Russell.
      Since Day One

Comment

• Originally posted by L.T. Fan View Post
        Russell seems to be in a declining state. Prescott is still a hopeful prospect on the upswing. Neither is absolute about which way their careers will go but the current status seems to be that the arrow is up on Prescorr and down on Russell.
        Not really. Dude had one of his best passing seasons last year. 30 isn't really the tipping point for QBs either. I'd say he is in the prime of his career. Dak is still on the upswing though.

Comment

• Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
          Dak Prescott for Russell Wilson.

Who says no?
          The Seahawks.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDak View Post

The Seahawks.
            Yeah I really like Dak but why trade Russell for someone that you're hoping could be as good as Russell? It's not like Dak has a bunch of years left on his contract for cheap where cap numbers could justify it.

Comment

• A new slogan gais!!

Comment

• 2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Comment

• 2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post

Yeah I really like Dak but why trade Russell for someone that you're hoping could be as good as Russell? It's not like Dak has a bunch of years left on his contract for cheap where cap numbers could justify it.
                    I think it should be a 'no' on both sides. Wilson fits them. Veteran, experienced, accomplished. They shouldn't want to downgrade at QB and Wilson is still in his prime.

On ther hand, Dak fits us better than Wilson does. Younger, cheaper and growing.

Comment

• Am I in the twilight zone or something? Was genghis not one of the most ardent Dak bashers on the board about 6-8 months ago? And now he doesn't want to trade him for Wilson? I'm a pretty big believer in Dak but a 26 year old Dak for a 31 year old Wilson straight up is a no brainer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simpleton View Post
                        Am I in the twilight zone or something? Was genghis not one of the most ardent Dak bashers on the board about 6-8 months ago? And now he doesn't want to trade him for Wilson? I'm a pretty big believer in Dak but a 26 year old Dak for a 31 year old Wilson straight up is a no brainer.
                        Yeah, I mean, I think I say yes.

I assume the Seahawks say no.

This was posed, though, with the news yesterday that Seattle might not be able to reach an agreement with Wilson and he might be holding out. The thought was, Wilson is the better player, so would they risk pissing him off/losing him, when they could flip him for Prescott, at least an established starter? And then Dallas can give the "through the moon" contract to an established Super Bowl winner?

But it's all moot now.

Comment

• Originally posted by bbgun View Post
                          A new slogan gais!!

WWJJD?- What would Jimmy Johnson do?
                          Or maybe Jerry gets creative: Hip Hip Hooray

Comment

• Originally posted by bbgun View Post
                            A new slogan gais!!

I think 'It is what it is' fits the team better.
                            defense wins championships

Comment

• Because the previous four slogans were so effective.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simpleton View Post
                                Am I in the twilight zone or something? Was genghis not one of the most ardent Dak bashers on the board about 6-8 months ago? And now he doesn't want to trade him for Wilson? I'm a pretty big believer in Dak but a 26 year old Dak for a 31 year old Wilson straight up is a no brainer.
                                I think "basher" is too strong. I've been critical of him certainly, but I of course don't think it's been unwarranted. I also give him credit when I see it. He was much better the 2nd half of last year. And he does seem to have that clutch gene.

Anyway, I do think Wilson is better but Dak is much younger so that keeps our window open a lot longer. Also, I think Dak's contract will end up being a good bit cheaper and that gives us more ability to field a team around our QB. I don't think either player can carry an offense so the ability to pay guys like Cooper and Zeke and an offensive line is vital. I don't think Wilson is so much better than Dak that the tradeoff for the age and contract is worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                X