X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bbgun View Post
    He seemed to do less clapping this year. I think all the criticism got to him.
    There is no doubt.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Comment

• Hangin' with the 'Boys: Let's Find Out

Nate is radio gold.
      defense wins championships

Comment

• Originally posted by p1_ View Post
        This is actually pretty telling. Dak gets alot of shit, rightfully so sometimes, but base on what was available in that draft we got a steal. Imagine if we would have picked Paxton Lynch or Connor Cook? Dak just needs his Andy Reid, someone that can get the most out of his talents.
        For some reason I can't say that phrase out loud, its one of the reasons I will never be the actor Robert Downey Jr is. I always say Tastey Peabag instead of Pastey Teabag, and thats a really big difference on just a two letter swing.

Comment

• Not really Cowboys stuff, but what's the scuttlebutt on what the Giants and Skins are going to do at QB? Will the Giants draft a QB at 6 or keep trying Eli? And the Skins obviously need a QB desperately with Smith's injury, (And IMO they needed one anyway.)
          2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Comment

• Originally posted by Chocolate Lab View Post
            Not really Cowboys stuff, but what's the scuttlebutt on what the Giants and Skins are going to do at QB? Will the Giants draft a QB at 6 or keep trying Eli? And the Skins obviously need a QB desperately with Smith's injury, (And IMO they needed one anyway.)
            I'm curious to see what the Eagles do with Foles and Wentz. Would they be willing to trade one within the division? I read something earlier about Jacksonville being a possible landing place for Foles but it will be interesting to see what happens. And do they entertain the idea of keeping Foles over Wentz?
            For some reason I can't say that phrase out loud, its one of the reasons I will never be the actor Robert Downey Jr is. I always say Tastey Peabag instead of Pastey Teabag, and thats a really big difference on just a two letter swing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newt View Post

I'm curious to see what the Eagles do with Foles and Wentz. Would they be willing to trade one within the division? I read something earlier about Jacksonville being a possible landing place for Foles but it will be interesting to see what happens. And do they entertain the idea of keeping Foles over Wentz?
              I don’t think they ever considered keeping Foles over Wentz. Foles is getting the franchise tag so they can trade him.
              No Pat McQuistan = No Super Bowl. It's that simple.

Comment

• Most expect the Giants to go QB at 6, the good thing is that this class is pretty much all over the place and they're just as likely to end up with a bust as they are to find a franchise guy. The Skins are more up in the air and is pretty much a toss up as far as what they'll do in the 1st, but most expect them to at least spend a pick on a QB in the mid-round, if not the 1st.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newt View Post

This is actually pretty telling. Dak gets alot of shit, rightfully so sometimes, but base on what was available in that draft we got a steal. Imagine if we would have picked Paxton Lynch or Connor Cook? Dak just needs his Andy Reid, someone that can get the most out of his talents.
                  Dak is rounding the corner and if history is any prior indicator this should be “his” year.

My my main complaint about Dak wasn’t about Dak himself, but that we started him at a time during his rookie season when Tony Romo was healthy.

Comment

• According to Todd Archer of ESPN, the Cowboys have opted to replace assistant special teams coach Doug Colman with Carlos Polk, a minor change they're hoping will yield big results for a still-struggling unit.
                    https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cow...Np70zjzFP2UwMw

Sounds like Polk has some experience coaching ST, which I didn't know. No idea how good he is at it though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Plan9Misfit View Post

I don’t think they ever considered keeping Foles over Wentz. Foles is getting the franchise tag so they can trade him.
                      Foles holds all the cards here. If the Eagles get cute and franchise him, he can sign it right away, put them on the hook for $25M or he can refuse to sign and hold their cap hostage since they have to clear the space to extend the tag.

Comment

• Originally posted by boozeman View Post

Foles holds all the cards here. If the Eagles get cute and franchise him, he can sign it right away, put them on the hook for $25M or he can refuse to sign and hold their cap hostage since they have to clear the space to extend the tag.
                        Foles already paid a buyout to void his option year. They can still tag him but it's pretty clear he wants out.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...delphia-eagles

Comment

• Couldn't get this to format properly...
                          Dallas Cowboys trends show playoff repeat unlikely

NFC EAST ‘NO REPEAT’ CLAUSE

There’s no rule stating the defending NFC East champion can’t win a consecutive title, but it sure seems like it. The last team to do so was the Philadelphia Eagles in 2004.

Since 2004, NFC East Champions are 0-14 in bids to defend their crown the next season. The last time Dallas repeated as champion was way back in 1996 (fifth straight title). Since they’ve gone 0-5 when facing the opportunity to remain on top. NO TITLE, FEW PLAYOFF TRIPS

The last time Dallas made the playoffs without winning their division was 2006, several seasons before Jason Garrett became head coach in 2010.

https://thelandryhat.com/2019/02/07/...peat-unlikely/

Comment

• i wonder who owns the Dallas franchise.
                            defense wins championships

Comment

• defense wins championships

Comment

• Originally posted by p1_ View Post
                                Is this a warmup interview to the Cowboys HC job if Garrett can’t make the hurdle?
                                Since Day One

Comment

Working...
                                X