Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by UncleMilti View Post
    I think this whole idea is past its time. I don't think the NFL is a run-first league anymore. You have to have a QB that is accurate, mobile, and can keep the ball safe paired with a RB who can get you yards when you need them. And its been proven there are plenty of RB's taken in the 3rd and 4th rounds that can do that.
    I agree it's not ideal to be a run-heavy offense in the modern day NFL but unfortunately with Dak at QB, leaning on Zeke and the RBs is probably their best chance to win games.

    Dak's not Trent Dilfer bad but you certainly can't count on him to be the focal point of the offense from week to week either. The Cowboys need to do a better job at picking their spots.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post

      We had like 15 running plays in the first half with Pollard and Zeke. A couple were called back for penalty but thats a good amount of run which led to no points.
      I just remember the first 2 series it felt like we passed on approx. 70% of our downs.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post

        I just remember the first 2 series it felt like we passed on approx. 70% of our downs.
        I mean the first series we could really do no wrong. The passing game was shredding them. The running game was shredding them. If it wasn't for Cooper popping a ball up that hit him square in the hands we probably score and start that game up 7-0.

        On the second drive we went far more balanced. I think we had 4 runs (3 by Zeke and one scramble by Dak) 3 passes (One of which was a drive killing sack). The reason that drive stalled was a combination of a run by Zeke for no gain and a sack that Dak took on third down that put us out of field goal range. The big gains on that drive again were from the pass.
        Last edited by Cowboysrock55; 1 week ago.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by UncleMilti View Post
          5th rounder Jones outrushed the Cowboys by almost double yesterday....and we have a 1st round pick in Elliot. Yeah, they have Rodgers and being down 24 didn't help but it happened last week against the Saints too...which as we know use 3rd round pick Kamara. Both the Saints and Packers had defenses you could run against but yet the Cowboy running game sucked ass.
          I'm kind of shocked at how average Zeke looks compared to his rookie year. He looks like he's already wearing down some. I know he's not the most dedicated player, and he's taken a pretty good beating in his short career with the big workloads, but I still wouldn't expect him to already be slowing down.
          2014=2009, 2015=2010?

          The Garrett Song

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Chocolate Lab View Post

            I'm kind of shocked at how average Zeke looks compared to his rookie year. He looks like he's already wearing down some. I know he's not the most dedicated player, and he's taken a pretty good beating in his short career with the big workloads, but I still wouldn't expect him to already be slowing down.
            moreso in light of the huge contract that is mere weeks old
            defense wins championships

            Comment


            • Originally posted by p1_ View Post

              moreso in light of the huge contract that is mere weeks old
              I hate to say it but I'd like to see more Pollard. Not saying he can carry the load but he definitely looks more explosive. Zeke still gets the dirty yards in the middle but he isn't really making guys miss or breaking the tackles anymore.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Chocolate Lab View Post

                I'm kind of shocked at how average Zeke looks compared to his rookie year. He looks like he's already wearing down some. I know he's not the most dedicated player, and he's taken a pretty good beating in his short career with the big workloads, but I still wouldn't expect him to already be slowing down.
                I know...Zeke was a home run hitter in his rookie year, fast but powerful. Now, he just kinda plods along. He doesnít seem to have any burst the last 2 years.

                Comment


                • 1-9 when Zeke doesn't have 75 or more yards

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post


                    Zero chance of Garrett getting fired. We could completely implode, and he'll still finish the season. The best we can hope for is that he just isn't offered another contract.

                    Comment


                    • 2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jsmith6919 View Post
                        geezuz, have we ever heard about Dallas outsmarting other teams in the last 25 years?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by yimyammer View Post

                          geezuz, have we ever heard about Dallas outsmarting other teams in the last 25 years?
                          It's always the same excuse- "We just didn't execute"

                          2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jsmith6919 View Post
                            If that's the case hopefully Moore can self scout and adjust what he does to trip teams up. It's something Garrett and company haven't been capable of doing over the years but I have a little more hope for Moore. He seems to at least be a little more innovative than the other guys.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post

                              If that's the case hopefully Moore can self scout and adjust what he does to trip teams up. It's something Garrett and company haven't been capable of doing over the years but I have a little more hope for Moore. He seems to at least be a little more innovative than the other guys.
                              Plus, itís not rocket science that these teams would look at whatever tape they can get on Moore. He had to know they would read the book on him
                              defense wins championships

                              Comment


                              • So change up your god damn hand gestures. Itís not that fucking hard of an adjustment.
                                2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X