Jason Carrot gives out participation trophys to the pee-wee football team

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
The players respect him because he forces F bombs.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
The Ticket has been playing Garrett's "these guys make the hair on the back of my neck stand up" postgame PC drop on their tickers. Sounds even more forced and phony than I remembered. :doh

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The Ticket has been playing Garrett's "these guys make the hair on the back of my neck stand up" postgame PC drop on their tickers. Sounds even more forced and phony than I remembered. :doh
Good thing that drop is completely irrelevant to literally everything.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
They were challenged. Richard was screaming at them. Which is the coordinator's responsibility at the direction of the head coach. Head coaches don't go yell at position groups during games.

Another fabricated and nonsensical flaw of Garrett's.
He’s quick to slap a guys ass or helmet, but he can’t go get in a guys face and coach him up?

Garrett is an empty sweatsuit, bro.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He’s quick to slap a guys ass or helmet, but he can’t go get in a guys face and coach him up?

Garrett is an empty sweatsuit, bro.
Most head coaches aren't caught on the sidelines yelling at their position groups. Kind of an empty argument, bro.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most head coaches aren't caught on the sidelines yelling at their position groups. Kind of an empty argument, bro.
Really? You don't think head coaches yell at players? There is only one I can think of who doesn't.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Good thing that drop is completely irrelevant to literally everything.
Not irrelevant as yet another example of what a phony bag of nothing the guy is.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Really? You don't think head coaches yell at players? There is only one I can think of who doesn't.
The issue is not yelling at players in general, it was the "challenging them" during the game when they were getting their ass kicked. And Richard was doing that.

Now people want to say Garrett is "empty" because Richard was yelling at the defense and not Garrett.

Yeah, no. I never see Andy Reid over there yelling at his linebackers either. It's another fake outrage by the Garrett haters.

Garrett yells at his players in practice plenty.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Not irrelevant as yet another example of what a phony bag of nothing the guy is.
He's not a phony bag of nothing. As has been proven, he gets his players to buy in and respond.

You just don't like him. But that's your problem.

His empty press conferences are a complete nothing burger. Well, other than annoying you, but again, who gives a shit what you think? Literally no one of any importance. They don't matter two fucking bits to any player, coach or executive on the team.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The issue is not yelling at players in general, it was the "challenging them" during the game when they were getting their ass kicked. And Richard was doing that.

Now people want to say Garrett is "empty" because Richard was yelling at the defense and not Garrett.

Yeah, no. I never see Andy Reid over there yelling at his linebackers either. It's another fake outrage by the Garrett haters.

Garrett yells at his players in practice plenty.
Um I have seen Reid yell at players. Maybe you just don't have much time to watch other games. Could you imagine what an all time great coach like Parcells would do if his run defense played like that.

But I get it. Garrett isn't that type of a coach. He approaches things differently then most. It's irratating to a lot of fans but not you. Garrett is a coach who coaches with pure positivity. Most don't.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Um I have seen Reid yell at players. Maybe you just don't have much time to watch other games. Could you imagine what an all time great coach like Parcells would do if his run defense played like that.
I have watched plenty of Andy Reid games living in Philadelphia for a decade. I never, ever have seen him over with a position group tirading about their in-game performance. If it's happened, it's so exceedingly rare as to not really matter. I'm sure Garrett has occasionally yelled at players during a game too without the cameras catching it. Probably has happened on camera too, in fact, but of course no one can say "Oh yeah, I remember that time in 2012 when he was on camera yelling at DeMarco Murray" or whatever. That stuff is not tracked and recorded.

But I get it. Garrett isn't that type of a coach. He approaches things differently then most. It's irratating to a lot of fans but not you. Garrett is a coach who coaches with pure positivity. Most don't.
But yes, exactly, Garrett is not a yell and scream in game coach. Somehow, though, he does manage to instill enough discipline during the week to generally keep the players focused on a goal and buying in -- way more than a sunshine pumper like Wade who simply accepted and excused whatever bullshit the players wanted to do.

Which is the important part. Not that you have to be in a player's face screaming. I am perfectly fine with that approach, in fact I probably prefer it, but I'm not gonna sit here and say it's "empty" because Kris Richard was yelling at the linebackers and not Garrett. Fat lot of good it did, all that yelling by Richard, as well. The players here get plenty of direction from the staff.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
His empty press conferences are a complete nothing burger. Well, other than annoying you, but again, who gives a shit what you think?
Now that's just harsh. :sad

deadrise

DCC 4Life

I recall when Dez all but bitch slapped Garrett on the sidelines and he took it like a little girly man.

Top Bottom