Kris Richard: It's on me.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

It had to have been at very least a distraction. The NFL has got to fix this.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah I actually really hate it. The best thing the league could do is make it mandatory that interviews and hirings can't happen until after the superbowl. That way teams aren't disadvantaged waiting for a playoff coach either.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Was it a distraction to Zac Taylor on the Rams? Bieniemy with KC? Nope.

If it took away from the preparation, that is on Richard. He is supposed to be a professional.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Yeah I actually really hate it. The best thing the league could do is make it mandatory that interviews and hirings can't happen until after the superbowl. That way teams aren't disadvantaged waiting for a playoff coach either.
I can get behind this.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Freeze on all coaching moves from 12:01 AM on the monday morning leading into say, Week 16, until after the Super Bowl is over.

Doesn't prevent you from firing your coach midseason if you need a shake up. Anyone in the hunt isn't going to fire their coach before their week 16 game.

No moves at all, no black monday, no nothing, until the Super Bowl is over.

That fixes this nonsense.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Rams coaches/pro scouts also apparently figured out a bunch of tells based on our DL's alignments, which hand they had on the ground, etc.

That'd make sense because there's just no logical explanation for why our run defense would go from elite to historically bad. I realize Marlon Mack put up about 5 YPC a few weeks ago but these guys put up damn near 7 YPC until the last time-killing drive which brought down their average.

This team is really myopic as far as self-scouting and breaking tendencies goes. They seem to have a mindset of "we'll run our stuff and see what happens", it's like they barely bother to even put together individualized game plans on a weekly basis depending on who they're playing.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
The Rams coaches/pro scouts also apparently figured out a bunch of tells based on our DL's alignments, which hand they had on the ground, etc.

That'd make sense because there's just no logical explanation for why our run defense would go from elite to historically bad. I realize Marlon Mack put up about 5 YPC a few weeks ago but these guys put up damn near 7 YPC until the last time-killing drive which brought down their average.

This team is really myopic as far as self-scouting and breaking tendencies goes. They seem to have a mindset of "we'll run our stuff and see what happens", it's like they barely bother to even put together individualized game plans on a weekly basis depending on who they're playing.
Yeah this is it exactly. It HAS TO CHANGE. Garrett doesn't have to keep making the same mistakes but he seems to.

Top Bottom