Kris Richard: It's on me.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

lostxn

DCC 4Life

jeebs

Brand New Member
Wikipedia says Richards will he head coach after garret is fired. Don’t trust Wikipedia.

shane

DCC 4Life
He's a leader of men. Hope he supplants Garrett, and soon.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Meh, it’s just words. The defense fell apart the last quarter or so of the season. Teams saw what Richard was doing, figured it out, and adjusted.

270 yards rushing last night.

horrid.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Meh, it’s just words. The defense fell apart the last quarter or so of the season. Teams saw what Richard was doing, figured it out, and adjusted.

horrid.
It was horrid, but they were solid AF vs Seattle's league leading rushing attack. I was very surprised to see this performance.

p1_

DCC 4Life
This simple act of accountability encapsulates the Cowboys front office. The defensive coordinator publicly falls on his sword, owning his unit's poor performance. The singular shining unit on the team for the whole season. It takes a man to admit he was wrong, to accept responsibility for his poor showing. This quality makes Richard is a poor fit in this organization.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hopefully Richard can make himself useful and stress to the front office that they need better personnel at DT.

We have no playmakers there. We have a couple of JAGs that have to play over their heads to have an impact.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

midswat

... soon
Wait... Marcus Mosher is white? That's such a black sounding name.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Absolutely his fault we only scored 22..... If we had held the other team to our season average of 24. We would have had a Jason Garrett style close game.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

horrid.
Its not Richards fault that he doesn't have the guys needed to anchor down against the run.

The Rams quickly figured out the 2 weak areas on the Cowboys defensive front are Gregory and Crawford...and thats who they ran at and they adjusted their blocking schemes to isolate them and attack them. Gregory has been written about by numerous sports guys as being suceptible to the run. Crawford has been talked about as being out of position, plus he has been nursing the neck injury. Blow those 2 up, then all that was left was to get a couple hats on Smith and LVE and bingo...you rush for almost 300 yards. Heath doesn't even factor into this because everyone already knows he's out of position 75% of the time he's on the field.

McVay gets a lot of money to figure out how to beat other teams, but if I can sit on the couch and see what they were doing then its obvious its not rocket science.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Its not Richards fault that he doesn't have the guys needed to anchor down against the run.

The Rams quickly figured out the 2 weak areas on the Cowboys defensive front are Gregory and Crawford...and thats who they ran at and they adjusted their blocking schemes to isolate them and attack them. Gregory has been written about by numerous sports guys as being suceptible to the run. Crawford has been talked about as being out of position, plus he has been nursing the neck injury. Blow those 2 up, then all that was left was to get a couple hats on Smith and LVE and bingo...you rush for almost 300 yards. Heath doesn't even factor into this because everyone already knows he's out of position 75% of the time he's on the field.

McVay gets a lot of money to figure out how to beat other teams, but if I can sit on the couch and see what they were doing then its obvious its not rocket science.
No, but it’s Richard’s job to adjust. Crawford allegedly has position flex, so put him at RDE with Collins and Woods inside.

Run blitz.

Maybe instead of working on cool transition effects for his “Hire me for HC PowerPoint” he could figure out some in-game contingencies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I don't entirely buy the theory that we just didn't have the players. We were excellent against the run all season long. You don't go from one of the best to looking like the worst because you didn't have the players. I think the players didnt play up to their ability. And frankly I think the way McVay ran his offense we were not prepared for. McVay got us to the line, saw what we were doing and ran the right plays. We weren't prepared to confuse them and their blockers. Tha isn't to say I don't want a game wrecker up front in the middle. Because I absolutely do. And it would make Richard's job way easier.

I'm glad Richard was willing to take accountability though. Its refreshing and clearly something none of these other coaches are willing to do. When the offense comes out with a stinker of a game you don't hear Garrett or Linehan taking accountability for their failures.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No, but it’s Richard’s job to adjust. Crawford allegedly has position flex, so put him at RDE with Collins and Woods inside.

Run blitz.

Maybe instead of working on cool transition effects for his “Hire me for HC PowerPoint” he could figure out some in-game contingencies.
We did that with Crawford, Collins and Woods and were shredded. Crawford was continually out of position. It didnt work. Well maybe not the run blitz part. Would have liked to see us go all out at the line of scrimmage and make Goff beat us with his arm. But we didn't.

Top Bottom