Cowboys planning extension for Jason Garrett.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Flacco had a miracle playoff run, Seahawks did force a turnover fest but Russell Wilson is one of the best QBs there is and proved it again in that game, and the Giants also got two miracle runs from Eli Manning to win it.

Really only the 2000 Ravens and 2002 Bucs won with purely defense-led efforts. You might add the Seahawks in that last group, but I believe in Wilson.

The best teams are good on both sides of the ball, but the QB and receiving corps are the difference-makers down the stretch.
I'm not saying you don't need a QB who plays well. Just that defense still wins championships and those teams had great defenses that won championships. Dak for example played well. If the defense performed we beat the Rams. The defense just isn't there yet. But they are close.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'm not saying you don't need a QB who plays well. Just that defense still wins championships and those teams had great defenses that won championships. Dak for example played well. If the defense performed we beat the Rams. The defense just isn't there yet. But they are close.
The Rams were way too much for us and we have no idea how else they’d have attacked us has the run not gone so well. Too much time to prepare, too great an advantage in personnel. Hell that game could have been 37-7 at one point had the Rams not blown several opportunities themselves.

But thats besides the point. Of course you need a competent defense, but defense-led teams in this salary cap constrained world are built at a disadvantage.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The Rams were way too much for us and we have no idea how else they’d have attacked us has the run not gone so well. Too much time to prepare, too great an advantage in personnel. Hell that game could have been 37-7 at one point had the Rams not blown several opportunities themselves.

But thats besides the point. Of course you need a competent defense, but defense-led teams in this salary cap constrained world are built at a disadvantage.
Yeah, I think that is partially true.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's not really true. In the end it was a one score game. The Rams QB was barely completing 50% of his passes. Had we stopped the run you can't tell me that what Goff was doing scared you. The Rams defense wasn't really doing much either.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He wasn't specific, though. QB coach offers? Sure. OC offers? Maybe. HC offers? GTFOH.
He was specific. It says "five offers for head coach."

I don't know if I agree that he would have that many, or even any, offers for head coach, but again, this fanbase looks at it through their tinted glasses. Garrett would almost assuredly get another crack at head coach SOMEWHERE, EVENTUALLY, if he was fired here after his recent 5 year run.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

I don't know if I agree that he would have that many, or even any, offers for head coach, but again, this fanbase looks at it through their tinted glasses. Garrett would almost assuredly get another crack at head coach SOMEWHERE, EVENTUALLY, if he was fired here after his recent 5 year run.
This is true. I mean if Hue Jackson can still get offers you have to imagine Garrett would. I cant wait for the day he gets those offers.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I missed the head coach part. Maybe it's because in my mind I was like, "Surely this motherfucker doesn't mean for HC" and skimmed over those words,

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

It's not just our fanbase though, there is constant mocking of us from other teams fans whenever Jerry talks about how good Garrett is and wants to keep him

Cotton

Staff member
It's not just our fanbase though, there is constant mocking of us from other teams fans whenever Jerry talks about how good Garrett is and wants to keep him
Just read through the comments on some of these tweets. Eagles, Giants, and Redskin fans are all hoping we keep him around.

Cotton

Staff member
So, you would have thought we would have had news on this if he was going to get extended this year. It makes me believe that he is not getting an extension just yet. Given Jerry's track record of coaches coaching on one years contract, if he was 100% definite on Garrett coaching here, wouldn't he already have an extension? What is Jerry waiting on? It just feels like he isn't getting one this year.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
So, you would have thought we would have had news on this if he was going to get extended this year. It makes me believe that he is not getting an extension just yet. Given Jerry's track record of coaches coaching on one years contract, if he was 100% definite on Garrett coaching here, wouldn't he already have an extension? What is Jerry waiting on? It just feels like he isn't getting one this year.
Don't jinx this

p1_

DCC 4Life
I so want him to have to finish this contract. If we're in for another year, it should be do or die, a prove it year. Advance to the title game or adios.

Top Bottom