Divisional Round 2018 Game Day Chatter | Cowboys at Rams | 01-12-19

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yep, and conversely during the offseason McVay said one of his primary focuses was building and evolving their offensive design based on what they did last year so they could stay ahead of the teams attempting to catch up to what they did last year.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

What an unimaginative call, and with the game on the line. Hey, let's just run Zeke straight ahead.
I don't mind running Zeke between the tackles because that's been the strength of our team for a few years now. What I do have a problem with was the formation.

The Cowboys went heavy with only 1 WR split out wide. Everyone else was bunched up inside the hash marks. I hate that formation near the goal line and hate it even more when we're at the 35 yard line.

I never understood why OC's consider it a great idea to bring more defenders into the box with those heavy formations. I'd have went 2 or 3 wide to get a few of those defenders out of the box then I would have taken my chance of running Zeke up the middle.

GShock

DCC 4Life
I don't mind running Zeke between the tackles because that's been the strength of our team for a few years now. What I do have a problem with was the formation.

The Cowboys went heavy with only 1 WR split out wide. Everyone else was bunched up inside the hash marks. I hate that formation near the goal line and hate it even more when we're at the 35 yard line.

I never understood why OC's consider it a great idea to bring more defenders into the box with those heavy formations. I'd have went 2 or 3 wide to get a few of those defenders out of the box then I would have taken my chance of running Zeke up the middle.
Agreed. Running with 3 TEs on the field is moronic, leaving aside the fact that ours are not exactly world class blockers. Assuming generally 1:1, every offensive player you split out is two fewer bodies to have to contend with in the box. Split Amari wide, have a bunch formation to the other side with Beasley behind Brown and Jarwin, and that's 4 fewer defenders/8 fewer bodies for Zeke to have to navigate.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Yep, and conversely during the offseason McVay said one of his primary focuses was building and evolving their offensive design based on what they did last year so they could stay ahead of the teams attempting to catch up to what they did last year.
A creative forward thinker. I can see Belichic planning ahead like this, and Payton as well. Not being stagnant, and forcing your same old system on your players and expecting it to work. Like that Garrett guy in Dallas

Top Bottom