Divisional Round 2018 Game Day Chatter | Cowboys at Rams | 01-12-19

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
By that definition then any time you lose, you were outcoached.

Ok then, you got me. We were outcoached. We lost. I can't deny that.
Yep, way to take it to the extreme.

There are games where the game plan is solid but a few mistakes here are there lead to a loss.

Garrett vs. Mcvay wasn't that. It was a complete coaching mismatch.

So lopsided that looking back on that game, the only way i see the Cowboys winning is if the Rams beat themselves with turnovers and dropped passes.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

There are games where the game plan is solid but a few mistakes here are there lead to a loss.

So lopsided that looking back on that game, the only way i see the Cowboys winning is if the Rams beat themselves with turnovers and dropped passes.
Honestly I still don't understand how we got run over so bad. In a million years, I never would have guessed that outcome. Our defensive line got mailed and our LBers rolled. I guess this happened against the Colts and Titans so perhaps that was the recipe they used. Was it just their line being amazing or was it a schematic thing?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Honestly I still don't understand how we got run over so bad. In a million years, I never would have guessed that outcome. Our defensive line got mailed and our LBers rolled. I guess this happened against the Colts and Titans so perhaps that was the recipe they used. Was it just their line being amazing or was it a schematic thing?
Knowing beforehand what our d-line was going to do didnt hurt.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
A lot of it was due to the Rams schemes.

They got to the line quickly and forced the Cowboys to show their coverage hands; they ran a myriad of plays off the same jet motion/misdirection looks, etc. The Cowboys defense is at its best when they're able to play downhill and at a fast pace. The Rams neutralized that with their play designs by creating hesitancy in the Cowboys defense. A lot of what the Rams were doing was similar to what you'd see a triple-option team in college run.

It was a brilliant game plan.

GShock

DCC 4Life
A lot of it was due to the Rams schemes.

They got to the line quickly and forced the Cowboys to show their coverage hands; they ran a myriad of plays off the same jet motion/misdirection looks, etc. The Cowboys defense is at its best when they're able to play downhill and at a fast pace. The Rams neutralized that with their play designs by creating hesitancy in the Cowboys defense. A lot of what the Rams were doing was similar to what you'd see a triple-option team in college run.

It was a brilliant game plan.
But remember, we weren't out coached.

The final four are Belichick/Brady, Reid/Mahomes, McVay/Goff, and Payton/Brees.

We don't have that.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

I don’t think we watched the same game. I saw a one score loss where the only area where we were beaten was run stopping, really. A complete coaching mismatch?? :lol

If we convert that fourth and one, we may have won this game. Yes, a bad call to run it into the teeth of the defense again, but not a complete mismatch. Just silly hate fueled hyperbole.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Funny how the narrative leading up to the game was about a porous Rams run defense and a shutdown Dallas run defense. Neither one was accurate.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I don’t think we watched the same game. I saw a one score loss where the only area where we were beaten was run stopping, really. A complete coaching mismatch?? :lol

If we convert that fourth and one, we may have won this game. Yes, a bad call to run it into the teeth of the defense again, but not a complete mismatch. Just silly hate fueled hyperbole.
No we were not embarrassed. We were competitive. However, we couldn't seem to adjust to what they were doing and stop them when we had to.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Funny how the narrative leading up to the game was about a porous Rams run defense and a shutdown Dallas run defense. Neither one was accurate.
You know the funny thing is if we could have stopped their run we would have kicked their ass. They stubbornly stuck to their nickle defense against our 3 WR sets because they were determined to stop Zeke. They did but Dak passed pretty well. The only reason he didn't put up stellar numbers is because they held the ball so long and we didn't get many possessions.

Of course they would have adjusted if we did start beating them. Can't say the same for us...

GShock

DCC 4Life
Of course they would have adjusted if we did start beating them. Can't say the same for us...
I think that's the issue. We couldn't handle their plan A, which amounted to running a JAG down our throats all game long.

I feel pretty confident they had a plan B.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
:lol

Was happy to see them lose. Now, give me Rams/Chiefs in the SB with Mahomes taking home the trophy.
I'm pretty pumped for that game... can't believe KC has never hosted an AFC Championship game before.

But have you seen the weather? As of now I'm seeing high temps of 7-14 degrees for Sunday. And for some reason it's the late game, so it will be colder than that. Hope freezing cold doesn't play right into the Pats' hands.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm pretty pumped for that game... can't believe KC has never hosted an AFC Championship game before.

But have you seen the weather? As of now I'm seeing high temps of 7-14 degrees for Sunday. And for some reason it's the late game, so it will be colder than that. Hope freezing cold doesn't play right into the Pats' hands.
I had not seen the weather. Doesn't bode well for Mahomes as until KC his entire football career has been in Texas.

data

Forbes #1
As of late, who’s doing a better job — Jerry the GM or Garrett the HC?

Top Bottom