Divisional Round 2018 Game Day Chatter | Cowboys at Rams | 01-12-19

Yeah they are. At mid season few if any could even see a winning season. Playoffs were only for homers and day dreamers. Winning a playoff game was as far fetched as the lunatic fringe of a stupid and naive, starry eyed day dreamer. Yet the team got to the second game of the playoffs. Pretty damn good for a bunch of losers.
Yeah but that’s all they will do under Garrett. His coaching isn’t enough to push this team farther against smarter coaches and competition.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
How many years of playoff-but-non-NFCC years will it take until a major change (Garrett firing or major scheme change) is taken?

You wanna give the benefit of the doubt and say one-more-player gets you over the hump, but at some point, you have to realize that it aint happening.

Keep playing those same lotto numbers, week-in and week-out, Jerruh.
We're going to waste the next 5 years of prime Zeke, Amari, Jaylon, etc. on Jason Garrett.

The way the NFL is set up, you'll never have steak at every position. The league is built on parity and spreading the talent evenly across all teams; which places an even bigger emphasis on having a coach savvy and creative enough to mitigate his own team's shortcomings and exploit his opponents.

Garrett's simply not good enough to compete with top 10 coaches in the NFL, unfortunately for him (and Cowboys fans) those are the guys that you typically run into during the Divisional Rounds.

data

Forbes #1
Yeah they are. At mid season few if any could even see a winning season. Playoffs were only for homers and day dreamers. Winning a playoff game was as far fetched as the lunatic fringe of a stupid and naive, starry eyed day dreamer. Yet the team got to the second game of the playoffs. Pretty damn good for a bunch of losers.
Maybe we'll be Next Year's Champ.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Honestly I think we have enough players to win big. We just need to coach and scheme them better. I really believe that. One mistake that I think we make is that our belief is that we just do it we do. Week in and week out. We don't seem to do a lot of tailoring are schemes in game plans to our opponents.

it would have helped us yesterday. On both sides of the ball. The Rams do a lot of fakes and misdirections and stuff and our defense is so aggressive it's really easy to get out of our lanes and takes ourselves out of the play. And on offense I forget which local reporter said it but he was right on the money. He said the Rams know full well that they have a weakness defending the run so they were going to load up to stop it. So a good gameplan offensively going in should have been to throw throw throw and take advantage of it but we didn't we never do.
Sounds like the Cowboys were outcoached.

But Schmitty says that didn't happen. :dunce

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If Schmitty and LT are the "voice of reason", I will gladly wear a straight jacket. I'll get the shit custom-made.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We're going to waste the next 5 years of prime Zeke, Amari, Jaylon, etc. on Jason Garrett.

The way the NFL is set up, you'll never have steak at every position. The league is built on parity and spreading the talent evenly across all teams; which places an even bigger emphasis on having a coach savvy and creative enough to mitigate his own team's shortcomings and exploit his opponents.

Garrett's simply not good enough to compete with top 10 coaches in the NFL, unfortunately for him (and Cowboys fans) those are the guys that you typically run into during the Divisional Rounds.
Coaching is the great equalizer in today's game.

Too bad we have a coach that believes in out-talenting everyone.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If Schmitty and LT are the "voice of reason", I will gladly wear a straight jacket. I'll get the shit custom-made.
I am a fan and I support my team. I don’t have any pretense of trying to be junior GM.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Tom Brady - The Retirement Tour 2018-19

Remaining Dates:

2/20 - Kansas City
2/3 - Atlanta

data

Forbes #1
Coaching is the great equalizer in today's game.

Too bad we have a coach that believes in out-talenting everyone.
Talent is already equalized. I'd clarify to say coaching is the great differentiator in today's game.

data

Forbes #1
If you argue for keeping Garrett, how do you support firing Marvin Lewis after 2015?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So you believe we have more talent than the Rams? Just asking.
In places, yes. Talent is distributed on teams differently. The coaching evens that out.

But to sit there and just start thinking you can just draft well enough and sign the right guys in free agency and that's it...well that is just idiotic.

data

Forbes #1
So, who does this get hung on? Garrett, Maranelli, or Richard?
Jerruh.

You know what you have with Garrett and Marinelli. It's Jerruh's job to realize they are what we thought they are and get someone better for 21st century football.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yes, but I will say I'm a little bit over the mcflurry type of stuff now. Everybody is doing it. I'm tired of having to chew my ice cream. I don't need candy or whatever in everything.
The Dairy Queen Blizzard was the original and is still easily the best. Even over the Freddie's concretes.

Top Bottom