Divisional Round 2018 Game Day Chatter | Cowboys at Rams | 01-12-19

data

Forbes #1
Coincidentally, it was the 85 playoff loss to Rams that showed Landry’s schemes were archaic and needed to be put out to pasture. Last nights game has me convinced of the same.

I’ll say this much. Garrett impressed me this season. Team played with resiliency, unity and spirit of a champion. However, our donkey schemes, even with its perfectly-executed fastest race, can’t beat thoroughbred horses.

i thought it was apparent that McVays scheme enabled the Rams to play 12 v 11 with us constantly reactionary.

In the 90s before free agency, Cowboys were so talent-superior, we could just lineup and out-execute with Pop Warner plays. In this age of parity, can’t win three playoff games straight simply by out-executing the opponent because they’re just as talented and executing well.

We need an 12 v 11 edge, too. We need element of surprise. We need to get one opposing player to run himself out of play so our blocker is free to block the next guy.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I can say this, LVE was on the bench way too fucking much.
LVE was getting his ass handed to him, thats why he was on the bench.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Coincidentally, it was the 85 playoff loss to Rams that showed Landry’s schemes were archaic and needed to be put out to pasture. Last nights game has me convinced of the same.

I’ll say this much. Garrett impressed me this season. Team played with resiliency, unity and spirit of a champion. However, our donkey schemes, even with its perfectly-executed fastest race, can’t beat thoroughbred horses.

i thought it was apparent that McVays scheme enabled the Rams to play 12 v 11 with us constantly reactionary.

In the 90s before free agency, Cowboys were so talent-superior, we could just lineup and out-execute with Pop Warner plays. In this age of parity, can’t win three playoff games straight simply by out-executing the opponent because they’re just as talented and executing well.

We need an 12 v 11 edge, too. We need element of surprise. We need to get one opposing player to run himself out of play so our blocker is free to block the next guy.
I agree with this, that's why I'm ok giving Garrett another year but Linehan and Moore have to go. I'd also fire Garrett if we continue the same ''one year up, one year down" routine next year.

We need to show some consistency and make the playoffs again next year.

data

Forbes #1
There’s a balance of being a passing team and using Dak’s mobility. We don’t have it.

Running the QB draw once or twice a game may get that first down, but it’s still only an impact on that individual play.

We’ve got to weave the threat in more intrinsically so it makes an LBer take one misstep or freeze for a second longer.

What I saw last night was the difference of us using a jet sweep once and faking it once versus developing a scheme around it.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

data

Forbes #1
You can add one non-QB, All-Pro skill level player. What position?

At this point, I’m not sure if it’s more fruitful to have an offense that scores more points, or a more dominating defense.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
There were at least two plays that Dak should have tucked it and run. On both occasions it would have extended very important drives. He has to get better at recognizing when he should just run the damn ball. Besides the front 7 run defense, that was was the most frustrating thing about last night's game to me.

Cotton

Staff member

At this point, I’m not sure if it’s more fruitful to have an offense that scores more points, or a more dominating defense.
DT and it's not particularly close.

GShock

DCC 4Life

QB (but I bet that’s not what you meant).

Cotton

Staff member
God, I really really really fucking hate Garrett. Like in the same hate vein as Jerry Jones. I seriously hate him that much. Just seeing his stupid smiling face makes me want to curb stomp his idiotic ass.

Cotton

Staff member
2 playoff wins in 8 seasons.

Horrid.
There is only one constant in those 8 years, and it's Garrett's archaic shitty ass offensive scheme. We will absolutely never elevate past mediocre until that scheme is gone.

Top Bottom