Divisional Round 2018 Game Day Chatter | Cowboys at Rams | 01-12-19

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We’re not there yet but there’s a lot to
build on from here on out. The Cooper trade turned out to be a great one. Need to bring more DT depth in next season
We just need a play maker in the middle so badly. We have a bunch of turds there. Also Crawford at DE just needs to stop. He isn't a RE. Yet we keep marching him out there.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
The only silver lining is Richard is a hot assistant nipping at his heels. Just the way he was yelling in the faces of LVE and Smith means he would be a huge upgrade.
Dream on. Garrett is going nowhere and even if KR's back next year as a DC/AHC, one more year and he'll jump ship after witnessing the dumpster fire this organization is. He'll jump at a HC offer next season if he isn't already reconsidering some of his offers from this season.

data

Forbes #1
Who would have thought Dak would outplay Goff and we would lose. This game was badly lost in the trenches.
I don't think Dak outplayed Goff.

Rams were so successful running the ball, McVay didn't even take Goff off the leash.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We’re not there yet but there’s a lot to
build on from here on out. The Cooper trade turned out to be a great one. Need to bring more DT depth in next season
We are extremely young. This offseason could either take this team to the next level or not. I hope this season makes Jerry realize he needs some free agent help.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Who would have thought Dak would outplay Goff and we would lose. This game was badly lost in the trenches.
If we get the D that showed up against Seattle and NO, this game is easily won. Don't know what happened, but our LB'ing group looked like Pee Wee players out there, and no one laid a finger on Goff. Absolutely ridiculous.

shane

DCC 4Life
Ooohhh. Yelling.

maybe he could have, I dunno, coached them not to get ass raped to the tune of 200 on the ground?
Fair point but Rams are an elite offense. I don't feel like defending Richard but he'd be an obvious upgrade at HC.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
It doesn't kill me to lose. But allowing 250+ yards rushing is crazy. How the hell did that happen...
Hopefully, that will encourage them to spend some assets on DT this spring.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Rams were so successful running the ball, McVay didn't even take Goff off the leash.
Goff wasn't very good. Missed a bunch of throws. But he didn't have to be with that running game. Our offense on the other hand couldn't run for shit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If the D that showed up against Seattle and NO this game is easily won. Don't know what happened, but our LB'ing group looked like Pee Wee players out there, and no one laid a finger on Goff. Absolutely ridiculous.
They usually play with aggression. Today they played so fucking soft just catching blockers.

shane

DCC 4Life
Dream on. Garrett is going nowhere and even if KR's back next year as a DC/AHC, one more year and he'll jump ship after witnessing the dumpster fire this organization is. He'll jump at a HC offer next season if he isn't already reconsidering some of his offers from this season.
He didn't get any offers. Miami chose the other black dude.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Ooohhh. Yelling.

maybe he could have, I dunno, coached them not to get ass raped to the tune of 200 on the ground?
Yep. Can't come away from this impressed with any of the defensive coaches, Richard included. The yelling and passion and whatever else does jack squat in a game like this.

Speaking of coaches...we lost this game a lot of ways but that playcall on 4th and 1 on the second to last drive basically ended the game. Dumb dumb dumb.

data

Forbes #1
Yah, this one was a kick in the balls.
No doubt that the Rams are significantly better than us.

Rams didn't even give 100% and kind of did that bully arm-to-our-face-while-we-flail-our-arms-punching-too-short-to-reach

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

They both had some really bad throws, but if I'd have to rate it I'd say it was about even as far as QB play.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Fair point but Rams are an elite offense. I don't feel like defending Richard but he'd be an obvious upgrade at HC.
There are no doubt upgrades at HC.

but our GM wouldn’t know it.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
A turnip would be an upgrade over Garrett but that's assuming Richard is offered the job. Not. Happening.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Yeah no need to do that when you have 2 RBs having their way.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They both had some really bad throws, but if I'd have to rate it I'd say it was about even as far as QB play.
Goff had a monster run game and managed a 70 something QB rating. You all would crucify Dak for that. Dak had a shit running game and around a 100 QB rating.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

DLK150

DCC 4Life
He didn't get any offers. Miami chose the other black dude.
He's had multiple feelers sent out and turned them down, probably to focus on the playoffs. It's not like the interest wan't there though.

Top Bottom