• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post

Nope, 91.
    Ok, so how do they compare?
    defense wins championships

Comment

In 1991, we were struggling at 6-5, won 5 straight to end the season, and won a playoff game in the wild card round.

Comment

In 1991, we were struggling at 6-5, won 5 straight to end the season, and won a playoff game in the wild card round.
        I think 3-5 at the midway mark is a totally different predicament. It was very easy to see us possibly being 3-10 at that point.
        defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by p1_ View Post

I think 3-5 at the midway mark is a totally different predicament. It was very easy to see us possibly being 3-10 at that point.
          We'd have missed the playoffs if not for that 5 in a row run in 1991. Two 10-6 teams missed the playoffs that year.

Comment

We'd have missed the playoffs if not for that 5 in a row run in 1991. Two 10-6 teams missed the playoffs that year.
            That was a fun season as well. Do you remember the playoff game against the Bears? We concussed Tom Waddle like 5 times...

I watched a replay on YouTube. Like half the players in that game became head coaches...lol. Ron Rivera, Mike Singletary, Jack Del Rio, Jim Harbaugh. Not to mention it was Ditka vs Johnson which is notable.
            Last edited by lostxn; 1 week ago.
            I was on the draft LVE train. I was for trading for Amari before it happened.
            'nuff said

Comment

Originally posted by p1_ View Post

Yeah when we were 3-5 this year as fans we had lost all hope. Especially since the Cooper trade didn't seem to work with that first loss with him. It wasn't just a thought that we would miss the playoffs. Most of us didn't even think 8-8 was an option anymore.

Comment

Working...
              X