Wildcard Round 2018 Game Day Chatter | Seahawks at Cowboys | 01-05-19

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Shutting down the Saints is simply a matter of pressing Brees. If a team has the defense to do this the Saints go marching out.
Thats every team.

data

Forbes #1
Two tidbits about Seattle’s final TD drive:

1. Lockett was tackled at 1:49 and Wilson got the ball snapped 12 seconds later at 1:37. That’s impressive. Lockett was 50 yards downfield.

2. Byron Jones was Alan Ball-esque.
- Overly guards sidelines to allow Lockett’s completion
- 3rd 10: Shoves RB out of bounds to stop clock
- 4th 4: Straight up (no picks or crosses in front) has RB run at Byron Jones and gets completion for TD. Only Seahawk in the area. BJ is looking at this play develop the whole way in front of him. Wasn’t even guarding the 1st down marker, no less the goal line.

——-

Bonus points for Byron Jones on final drives in playoff games:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Out of all the free agents to be over the next 2 years who are going to command large deals Jones is the guy we should probably let walk, especially if we still have Richard. Dude basically just needs height/weight/size freaks to play CB in this scheme.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Out of all the free agents to be over the next 2 years who are going to command large deals Jones is the guy we should probably let walk, especially if we still have Richard. Dude basically just needs height/weight/size freaks to play CB in this scheme.
Every CB gets beat but he gets beat at the worst times. It's one thing if you gamble and miss. He just has no instincts at all and that's why he doesn't get picks and why he gets beaten deep when he should just keep everything in front of him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah plus I'd really like to add a long ball hawking corner. And luckily those types are available outside of the first round. I'd save my money for these stud LBers and D-lineman. The secondary you can draft and keep cheap.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
How does the league not do anything about this kind of shit? A guy hits a QB on the leg while sacking him and it's a problem because the league must protect their star players. A guy is on the ground after a play trying to twist a RB's ankle and it's just sort of like, no big deal. Nothing to see here guys.

p1_

DCC 4Life

nice post mortem from the other perspective. Im surprised no one really grilled him about playing the run despite being shut out constantly. Our third down defense was just outstanding.

Top Bottom