Wildcard Round 2018 Game Day Chatter | Seahawks at Cowboys | 01-05-19

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I'll ask again, wtf is Irving?

Was really hoping he'd show up for the playoffs.
Can you imagine if Beasley plays with a high ankle sprain but Irving doesn't, despite two months of rest?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Dallas gave everyone a blueprint on how to shut down the Saints offense.
Just because they did it once doesnt automatically mean its going to happen. Plus I'm pretty sure Payton is smart enough to have the needed adjustments. Their defense wasnt too shabby either that night.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Can you imagine if Beasley plays with a high ankle sprain but Irving doesn't, despite two months of rest?
Yeah, but Beasley doesn't have a crazy baby mama.

You don't realize how complicated everything in your life is when there's baby mama drama.

In fact, he's lucky to have a job where you don't have to do shit because I think that's how most people handle baby mama drama...just staying away from work.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
And regarding Irving, I was wondering if he'd maybe had the tightrope high ankle surgery that Tua Tuaguavoleonia had. Since Garrett and Saban are all chummy, could we have sneakily fixed his ankle and unleashed him for the playoffs? And then nothing....

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I don't get it.

The guy looks like he couldn't motivate me to eat a T-Bone steak while I was starving, and yet somehow he keeps the ears of the team.

As I've said before, it's the ONE thing I'll give him credit for. They don't quit on him and they still buy his message.

I don't know how, but he gets them to believe and invest in what he's selling.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yea, there has to be more to it than meets the eye that goes on behind closed doors because after all these years I still don't understand how this guy who is seemingly as bland as can be gets these players to follow him during times of turmoil. I was certain that the team was going to quit at 3-5 after losing to the Titans and here we are.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yea, there has to be more to it than meets the eye that goes on behind closed doors because after all these years I still don't understand how this guy who is seemingly as bland as can be gets these players to follow him during times of turmoil. I was certain that the team was going to quit at 3-5 after losing to the Titans and here we are.
"There has to be?"

Have you not been paying attention? There without question IS.

It has been said many times he's robotic and formulaic in front of the cameras and he's much more personable and relatable with the players behind closed doors. How could it be any other way for a guy who has managed to make it essentially his best quality as a head coach that he keeps the team unified and together in the face of adversity?

He's bland for YOU. He's bland for the content YOU see.

He's not bland for the team.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
It doesn't really surprise me. I mean, he's a former player. He was in the league for 8 years. So he knows how to talk to players and relate to them on a level that a lot of head coaches probably can't.

That's his biggest strength as a coach - no matter how badly he gets outcoached, or screws up an end-of-game situation for you in a loss, he can talk you into putting your helmet on and going back out there and doing it all over again next week.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Just because they did it once doesnt automatically mean its going to happen. Plus I'm pretty sure Payton is smart enough to have the needed adjustments. Their defense wasnt too shabby either that night.
Shutting down the Saints is simply a matter of pressing Brees. If a team has the defense to do this the Saints go marching out.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't get it.

The guy looks like he couldn't motivate me to eat a T-Bone steak while I was starving, and yet somehow he keeps the ears of the team.
Probably because it's vastly overrated how much players are "playing for" their coach. They're playing for themselves and each other much more.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Probably because it's vastly overrated how much players are "playing for" their coach. They're playing for themselves and each other much more.
That's fair, but as Simpleton pointed out, this team looked ripe for the quitting at 3-5.

I would've bet my house that they were finished.

The coach has to get some credit for that, especially since the rumors were swirling of how poorly coached they are. It would've been easy to just throw in the towel there and just not give a shit about saving the HC that rarely ever gives them an advantage, but they didn't.

There's something to be said for that.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I wonder how Garrett’s percentage of one-score games compare to other head coaches.
Probably really good...basically all our wins this year have been by 1 score.

Top Bottom