Cowboys Want To Keep Richard; Jets Reportedly Add Him To Interview List

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Zero chance Garrett gets fired this year.
I wouldnt say 0 but highly improbable. If they lose and its evident that they weren't prepared then I could say that he could be fired.

I do think they win so it probably won't happen.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Against Detroit 4 years ago the team came out in their home playoff opener and went down 14-0 before the end of the 1st quarter, against GB 2 years ago they came out again in a home playoff opener and were down 21-3 halfway through the 2nd quarter.

If something like that happens again and we lose I could certainly see Garrett getting fired.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think a loss to Seattle should be the catalyst for his firing, even though I think it wouldn't/won't. It's simply time Garrett was held to a standard as is the rest of the league's 31 head coaches.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Teams shouldn't be able to even interview coaches whose team is still in the playoffs. It's ridiculous.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd certainly love to keep Richard but his impact is being way overblown. He's obviously improved the defense but I feel like he's getting way more credit than he deserves based on his Seattle pedigree and the fact that he's young and charismatic.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Teams shouldn't be able to even interview coaches whose team is still in the playoffs. It's ridiculous.
Agreed. You want a new coach from a playoff team? You have to wait till their season is over. Maybe to balance the playing field, place a moratorium on any coach staff moves (hirings or firings) beginning at 1 pm ET on Week 17 of the season, for any team in the league, running until the day after the Super Bowl.

Rev

Staff member
Just another casualty of us wining this past week. Not that I necessarily want him as HC but definitely
dont want to lose at DC.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'd certainly love to keep Richard but his impact is being way overblown. He's obviously improved the defense but I feel like he's getting way more credit than he deserves based on his Seattle pedigree and the fact that he's young and charismatic.
No, that's not it at all.

I'm not saying the guy is a defensive genius or is the next Bill Belichick, but I do think your underestimating his impact.

Have you forgotten the soft brand of defense we've been playing under Rod Marinelli all of these years? If Richard wasn't here we would still be rolling out all of those awful 3 man rushes and soft coverage schemes.

All that aggressiveness you are seeing out there is all because of Richard. If we lose him and don't replace him and choose to just give it all back to that old goof, you're going to see a significant difference in that unit next season and it will not be a good one.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I hate to lose Richard, but we'll be ok if he's gone. Maybe bring in Greggggggg.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I definitely believe all the shitting of pants over the idea of losing him is a little overblown as well.

I am more concerned about what happens if he does leave in terms of how Dallas replaces him. I definitely don't want Marinelli running the show all by himself again.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I hate to lose Richard, but we'll be ok if he's gone. Maybe bring in Greggggggg.
I have thought about that actually. Could do worse, I guess.

But hey, they will probably just promote Ben Bloom or something.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Why don't we run the old Bears Cover 2 defense? We have the parts and it was highly effective at getting turnovers and preventing big plays. Substitute Urlacher for LVE and Briggs for Jaylon.

Rev

Staff member
I definitely believe all the shitting of pants over the idea of losing him is a little overblown as well.

I am more concerned about what happens if he does leave in terms of how Dallas replaces him. I definitely don't want Marinelli running the show all by himself again.
Well I think that is one of the factors of losing Richard that makes it overblown.

1. Losing quality
2. This team promoted Kellen Moore.

I think everybody should be upset over losing him.

Top Bottom