Seahawks Stuff...

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yes. We all know this playoff appearance is another fleeting mirage. The red headed albatross must go for us to have any realistic hope of actually being somebody to be taken seriously in the playoffs.

This sting of a playoff loss will subside before too long. His ass being gone will make it go by even faster.
Playoffs in 3 out of 5 seasons isn't really a mirage.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Playoffs in 3 out of 5 seasons isn't really a mirage.
The mirage comment was directed at what we do AFTER we get in the playoffs, since the question I answered was asking about what we do IN the playoffs. We've been there as a low seed, we've been there as a high seed. The results are always the same.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
PFF isn't the end answer, but it's measuring something.

In any case, I don't think XSF is better than Williams from the eye test the last few weeks. He may have started out with a strong game or two, but I think recently Williams has been better.... at everything. Point of attack, on the move, whatever. Maybe XSF has been banged up.

But I suspect it's the Looney effect. Oh great, the starter went down. We're boned. Oh, surprise, he's kinda holding up well.... I'm pleasantly surprised! You get a biased view because of exceeded expectations. Then you look at the final season's grades and he's 30th out of 32 centers.

p1_

DCC 4Life
neither of the guards not named Martin has sustained a high level of play. But I don't see how Looney can be blamed for those players' deficiencies. Sure they must work together, but Looney cant make Williams play with more strength and power. Nor can he make XSF play better in space.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
neither of the guards not named Martin has sustained a high level of play. But I don't see how Looney can be blamed for those players' deficiencies. Sure they must work together, but Looney cant make Williams play with more strength and power. Nor can he make XSF play better in space.
Your center is responsible for helping the guards out in a lot of situations. So I do think the center can have a massive impact on guards. There is a certain amount of trust that you have in knowing that if the guy you're blocking cuts to the inside that your center is there to help you out. Plus on a lot of run blocking in our offense the centers job is to seal guys with a double team block and then get to the next level. If he doesn't seal the guy properly before going to the second level it makes the guard look like they just had a bad block. In reality it's because the center didn't do his job.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Since the Cowboys Traded their first round pick, I wanted them to at least make the Playoffs. Although that does mean we keep the Clapper for awhile longer.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Your center is responsible for helping the guards out in a lot of situations. So I do think the center can have a massive impact on guards. There is a certain amount of trust that you have in knowing that if the guy you're blocking cuts to the inside that your center is there to help you out. Plus on a lot of run blocking in our offense the centers job is to seal guys with a double team block and then get to the next level. If he doesn't seal the guy properly before going to the second level it makes the guard look like they just had a bad block. In reality it's because the center didn't do his job.
I hear you, but how can Looney help, say Williams, not get overpowered or manhandled as he does so much?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Your center is responsible for helping the guards out in a lot of situations.
The guards also help out the center, which is why Looney has struggled a bit having backups at guard for a lot of the year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The guards also help out the center, which is why Looney has struggled a bit having backups at guard for a lot of the year.
I also think this is true. But we miss Frederick a lot. Looney is a nice backup center but you really don't want him starting the entire season. I think it has been a big reason for the exploding sack and fumble numbers out of our QB. There is just no solid pocket to step up un to.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I hear you, but how can Looney help, say Williams, not get overpowered or manhandled as he does so much?
Looney blocks no one sometimes. I think he misses assignments where he should be helping out.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Fuck the Seahawks, fuck Pete Carroll, most importantly, fuck Ciara's husband. Tired of hearing about this gritty crew from Seattle led by Gary Coleman at QB.

Happy Holidays

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Fuck the Seahawks, fuck Pete Carroll, most importantly, fuck Ciara's husband. Tired of hearing about this gritty crew from Seattle led by Gary Coleman at QB.

Happy Holidays
Hold up...we traded our 1st for king size Gary Coleman.

Don't you mean Webster?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looney blocks no one sometimes. I think he misses assignments where he should be helping out.
Yeah I've noticed that too. It's really frustrating to see our Oline get beat while Looney is standing there doing nothing.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
PFF isn't the end answer, but it's measuring something.

In any case, I don't think XSF is better than Williams from the eye test the last few weeks. He may have started out with a strong game or two, but I think recently Williams has been better.... at everything. Point of attack, on the move, whatever. Maybe XSF has been banged up.

But I suspect it's the Looney effect. Oh great, the starter went down. We're boned. Oh, surprise, he's kinda holding up well.... I'm pleasantly surprised! You get a biased view because of exceeded expectations. Then you look at the final season'sades and he's 30th out of 32 centers.

Nobody knows what its measuring. Even PFF. You are correct in the Looney assessment. It happens frequently when a player comes in and does better than expected. Its almost like he becomes a cult hero for fans. I just dont know what they could have done with Frederick injury happening so late in camp. Definitely makes a case for all of our pleading about getting quality depth.

Top Bottom