Seahawks Stuff...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
That would be a pretty good trivia question, though. I'd never have guessed Wilson didn't run for a single TD. In years past he's always run for several.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And this will not bode well for Williams if XSF doesnt go.
Williams against a DE doesn't really worry me. He plays guard and his athletic ability should allow him to handle smaller guys well. Williams worries me more against 320 pound guys who outweigh him and can shove him around easier.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That would be a pretty good trivia question, though. I'd never have guessed Wilson didn't run for a single TD. In years past he's always run for several.
Yeah oddly enough he doesn't usually have many rushing TDs. Over the last 4 seasons he has only had a total of 5 rushing TDs. I'm guessing that mostly a product of their system because Russell definitely has the physical ability to run some in. The guy is built like a RB. He is still a scary scrambler though. Even to get sacks you sort of need to surround him because his escape ability will allow him to usually avoid just one pass rusher.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Really... my bad then. I had him in fantasy last year and thought he ran for a few.

Anyway... anyone else feel strongly about a Dallas win? I do. Very similar teams but Seattle isn't the same away from home, and Dallas is 7-1 this year at Jerryworld. Have to think Dallas' defense plays more like its best than like it did last week.

Most of all, Dallas has a much better roster. Seattle overacheived to even get this far.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Really... my bad then. I had him in fantasy last year and thought he ran for a few.

Anyway... anyone else feel strongly about a Dallas win? I do. Very similar teams but Seattle isn't the same away from home, and Dallas is 7-1 this year at Jerryworld. Have to think Dallas' defense plays more like its best than like it did last week.

Most of all, Dallas has a much better roster. Seattle overacheived to even get this far.
Oh I had no idea either until I just looked it up.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Williams is a drive killer, he gets completely blown up or blatantly holds a few times a game. XSF isn't a whole lot better but he is slightly better and at least is able to momentarily slow guys down compared to Williams who just gets ragdolled at times.

It's not a massive downgrade or anything because neither is especially good right now, and XSF has certainly given up his fair share of negative plays, but it is a concern. You just have to know going in that Jarran Reed will absolutely abuse him on a handful of occasions, we'll just have to hope that they can scheme/work around those negative plays.

With all that said, we got away with rolling out Williams and XSF together for pretty much the entire Q4/OT against the Eagles after Martin went down and managed to put up like 3 TD's against Cox/Bennett/Graham on the interior, so we should be able to get by with Williams/Martin.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Williams is a drive killer, he gets completely blown up or blatantly holds a few times a game. XSF isn't a whole lot better but he is slightly better and at least is able to momentarily slow guys down compared to Williams who just gets ragdolled at times.

It's not a massive downgrade or anything because neither is especially good right now, and XSF has certainly given up his fair share of negative plays, but it is a concern. You just have to know going in that Jarran Reed will absolutely abuse him on a handful of occasions, we'll just have to hope that they can scheme/work around those negative plays.

With all that said, we got away with rolling out Williams and XSF together for pretty much the entire Q4/OT against the Eagles after Martin went down and managed to put up like 3 TD's against Cox/Bennett/Graham on the interior, so we should be able to get by with Williams/Martin.
I don't agree, I think Williams is better. XSF also gets ragdolled.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't agree, I think Williams is better. XSF also gets ragdolled.
William's is way better at pulling and blocking second level. Point of attack is where he is weak but on the move he is superior in my opinion. I hope he can get bigger and stronger in the offseason and become the complete package.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
In fact this article for BTB goes into the PFF grades. Not that they are the be-all, end-all, but if it was me, I put Williams in there over XSF, and it's not even particularly a close call in my book.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018...offensive-line

Bonus tidbit: La'El Collins is not half bad and gets a bad rap here.

Extra bonus tidbit: Joe Looney is really not good at Center. 30th overall. Need Frederick back.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
William's is way better at pulling and blocking second level. Point of attack is where he is weak but on the move he is superior in my opinion. I hope he can get bigger and stronger in the offseason and become the complete package.
Without question he will. He needs a full offseason of strength and conditioning with a pro team.

He should get the reps if for no other reason than he has the upside that XSF really doesn't.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
PFF is garbage. Not saying Williams isnt better but any site that tries to tell me that Zeke is the 30th ranked RB loses credibility.

Top Bottom