Jerry waxes poetic about his team's post-season legacy -- "were a post-season team"

deadrise

DCC 4Life
"I certainly think we're playing the kind of really good football that you can win games in postseason,” owner and general manager Jerry Jones said. “Any of the teams can win the game. We right here had the Giants come right up the backside and win the championship [in 2007]. I think our team is a postseason team."

Is Jerry is so far gone in his delusions that he's forgetting the fact that his team has won exactly three post season games in 22 years?

People will say "oh it's just Jerry being Jerry." But when does he ever get called out for that kind bullshit lunacy?

Jerry Jones is the reason it's so easy to root against this team.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Too much eggnog.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is Jerry is so far gone in his delusions that he's forgetting the fact that his team has won exactly three post season games in 22 years?
The talent might be but the coach definitely isn't. At this point I'd just like to see Dak get his first post season win. He has won the division 2 out of 3 years as a starter but the post season is a different animal and the Seahawks are no joke.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
it's past time to Ol Yeller Jerry, they at least need to put his senile ass in a home

DLK150

DCC 4Life
He probably asked Santa for a SB win while under the influence and heard him say okay.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He's not talking about the legacy of the franchise he's talking about the way the team is built this year.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Just PT Barnum hyping his team. No way he's going to say we might not be that great, we just played in a very weak division this year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's not talking about the legacy of the franchise he's talking about the way the team is built this year.
This is exactly right. Jerry is just making a comment about the way this team is built. And of course he doesn't think that Garrett and this coaching staff is the massive handicap that we all do, Or at least he won't give any indication of that publicly.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Fast pursuing defense, soft against runs up the gut, solid pass rush.

Good enough on most days, but ...

To stop a Superbowl caliber team they will need a LOT more help from the offense.

They will need field position flipped in a defensive struggle and points scored in a shootout.

Superbowl teams will look at game film and run the ball up our asses in between drilling the ball downfield to their TE while setting up even bigger plays in the passing game.

Those runs will neutralize the pass rush, so you actually need the offense to drive the ball, score, and in doing so apply pressure of their own.

If Dak or Zeke fumbles, we lose.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Fast pursuing defense, soft against runs up the gut, solid pass rush.

Good enough on most days, but ...

To stop a Superbowl caliber team they will need a LOT more help from the offense.

They will need field position flipped in a defensive struggle and points scored in a shootout.

Superbowl teams will look at game film and run the ball up our asses in between drilling the ball downfield to their TE while setting up even bigger plays in the passing game.

Those runs will neutralize the pass rush, so you actually need the offense to drive the ball, score, and in doing so apply pressure of their own.

If Dak or Zeke fumbles, we lose.
there will absolutely need to be defensive turnovers. we will have to have takeaways and short fields to put up easy points.

Genghis Khan

I don't think we need defensive turnovers to win. We already don't give up a lot of points. We just can't turn the ball over ourselves .

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think we need defensive turnovers to win. We already don't give up a lot of points. We just can't turn the ball over ourselves .
Defensive touchdowns are nice though. How many do the Bears have this year? We don't need them for sure but it would make some things a little easier.

p1_

DCC 4Life
we need them to counter our meager offensive production. TD's are scarce these days, I know you're aware. Red zone problems are very real for this team.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Defensive touchdowns are nice though. How many do the Bears have this year? We don't need them for sure but it would make some things a little easier.
and it doesnt even have to be defensive scores. A short field will suffice just fine.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
we need them to counter our meager offensive production. TD's are scarce these days, I know you're aware. Red zone problems are very real for this team.
Garrett was quoted as saying, "It seems the extra 4 reps we put in to improve on our red zone issues paid off this last week. The guys really took to that extra work and you can see for yourself the results.".

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah frankly we move the ball way better then the end line indicates. We settle for way too many field goal attempts once inside the 20 yard line. Penalties, poor play calls and shitty execution by the players. I have no idea why it all goes to shit once we have driven the length of the field but it often time does. If we just got good near the goal line, which we have the tools to do in my opinion, this team could be really good. We have an elite RB, we have a mobile QB who can use his legs and misdirection to get guys open, and we have some damn good receivers in Gallup and Cooper. Yet our goal line offense looks like utter shit.

Genghis Khan

Nah, we don't need them. We do need to finish better on offense but we don't need defensive turnovers to win.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom