el taco busto

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Unfortunately we did. In the first round.
It was bound to happen. We have bad a string of first round success for awhile now. Cant complain too much and just hope something clicks during the off-season.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
It was bound to happen. We have bad a string of first round success for awhile now. Cant complain too much and just hope something clicks during the off-season.
I thought he played pretty well yesterday.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I didnt get to watch but his career so far hasnt been inspiring so far. I'm not to the point of giving up on him yet but I'm not very optimistic that he will develop.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah its hard when he is in the coaches dog house. I have no idea what happens behind the scenes but if he doesn't get on the field he isn't going to produce. I thought he played well against the Bucs too. But if he has a bad attitude who knows how long that will last.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Makes it especially bad when you see what TJ Watt is doing. And to think we passed on that for a Taco.

p1_

DCC 4Life
so how would we have used Watt in this defense?

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Taco is only 15 LBS heavier than TJ. Something tells me you take talent and find a way to make them work.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
so how would we have used Watt in this defense?
This is the only reason why the Taco pick made sense. Not easy to fit a 3-4 rush LB who weighs 236 pounds on a 4-3 DL. Couple that with already having two sub-270 pound DEs and I can see the hesitation.

What sucks is watching Taco take plays off and get benched while Watt has been so productive.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Taco is only 15 LBS heavier than TJ. Something tells me you take talent and find a way to make them work.
In hindsight sure. But who knew Taco would suck this bad? Had he the heart and motor to match his skills, we would be looking at a 275 pound monster.

Instead he will be lucky to see his option year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah 5 tackles, one TFL which was pretty good. He didn't do much rushing the passer when given opportunity unfortunately.
Yeah their LT was big and slow. Gregory was a better matchup for him. Unfortunately I also think Taco is more of a LE pass rusher.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yeah their LT was big and slow. Gregory was a better matchup for him. Unfortunately I also think Taco is more of a LE pass rusher.
Without question LE is his natural position.

Taco lacks stamina and mental toughness based on what I saw Sunday. He looked downright lethargic at times.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
A
Without question LE is his natural position.

Taco lacks stamina and mental toughness based on what I saw Sunday. He looked downright lethargic at times.
Not withstanding Charltons performance, the Dallas offense in the first half of a lot of games has too many three and out series which puts the defense on the field way too long. They are pretty fatigued going into the second half. The offense needs to be tweaked with more aggressive plays to not only put points on the board but help the defense stay as fresh as they can to finish the game. It’s not only Toco that looks wrung out, itts a lot of the defensive players.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Awfully soon to write off a pick. B. Jones floundered for awhile till they finally got a coach in here who knows what he's doing. Taco was at the end of the 1st round, not that far from Lawrence and Gregory. Took those two some time to find themselves -- emotionally and otherwise.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Awfully soon to write off a pick. B. Jones floundered for awhile till they finally got a coach in here who knows what he's doing. Taco was at the end of the 1st round, not that far from Lawrence and Gregory. Took those two some time to find themselves -- emotionally and otherwise.
It doesnt help that the guy most thought we should have picked is blowing it up in Pittsburgh.

Top Bottom