Poll: What If...

Poll: What If...

• Total voters

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We lose the next two games to Tampa Bay and the Giants and it leads to Garrett getting fired.

Would missing the playoffs be worth that?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Phil is glaring at you right now.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Because they playoffs don't mean anything with Carrot as coach, especially in mediocre division. It's just one notch up from mediocre if all you do is lose in the first round. Carrot's already done that. It's all he'll ever do.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
After yesterday, I don't think just getting into the playoffs will be enough. That game was a playoff test and we didn't come up small, we simply did not show at all. Regardless if we get in... if there'a repeat performance in the tourney... IMO, he'll be gone.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
After yesterday, I don't think just getting into the playoffs will be enough. That game was a playoff test and we didn't come up small, we simply did not show at all. Regardless if we get in... if there'a repeat performance in the tourney... IMO, he'll be gone.
If they make the playoffs, he is back.

data

Forbes #1
~stomp stomp~

What's next...'Would it be worth losing a Wild Card game 50-0 if it led to a Garrett firing?'

This precious pole-usage is like wasting a timeout on the game's opening drive.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
If they make the playoffs, he is back.
If they get embarassed in the first round? If we beat TB, we'll probably sit players and lose to NY. So what will one more win over a crappy team really mean?

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
I don't think it matters either way. Dak isn't taking this offense anywhere, and Jerry gives him his new contract regardless of whether he plays well or single handedly loses these last two games.
​​​​​​Garrett has to go. But I'm not sure anyone can make a real QB out of Dak.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Alternately, would you put up with eight more years of Garrett to get one Super Bowl?

DLK150

DCC 4Life
This team isn't going anywhere in the playoffs anyway so yes. Even getting a less than 100% Zack back wouldn't be enough of a boost to overcome a deficient coaching staff.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Absolutely.

If I thought this team had even a small chance of winning the SB, I'd say no.

But even if we do ok I'm the playoffs, there will always be a ceiling for the team under Garrett because he always holds them back.

So if I knew for sure that an 0-3 skid to finish the season would get him fired, I'd sign up for that scenario right now.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
This team goes no where with Garrett as coach. It'll be a one and done if they make it. IMHO either Garrett and Linehan have to go or Dak has to go. And sadly I'd be ok with all three going at this point I'm so tired of them all.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If the team goes to the playoffs that will be something almost no one thought could happen 4 or 5 weeks ago. Let’s get there and see what happens. Hell what’s the point of being a fan of a team if you can’t want them to get to the dance.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Hell what’s the point of being a fan of a team if you can’t want them to get to the dance.
Because we've been witness to what it leads to the last 10-11 years with Garrett here. Regardless of if we're the 1 seed or the 6. Garrett's a do nothing coach. Just good enough to get there, then get shown the exit early. If we knew taking a step back could lead to taking three steps forward, that is what we should want. No point in marching in place.

As a fan, we should want more. We're not Cleveland or Detroit. Mediocrity shouldn't be something we strive for.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If the team goes to the playoffs that will be something almost no one thought could happen 4 or 5 weeks ago. Let’s get there and see what happens. Hell what’s the point of being a fan of a team if you can’t want them to get to the dance.
I agree with this. Getting to the playoffs is special and we don't do it nearly often enough anymore.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Because we've been witness to what it leads to the last 10-11 years with Garrett here. Regardless of if we're the 1 seed or the 6. Garrett's a do nothing coach. Just good enough to get there, then get shown the exit early. If we knew taking a step back could lead to taking three steps forward, that is what we should want. No point in marching in place.

As a fan, we should want more. We're not Cleveland or Detroit. Mediocrity shouldn't be something we strive for.
Getting rid of Garrett is no guarentee that things will automatically get better but even if that is an honorable pursuit why not take an opportunity to get to the playoffs when the chance avails itself. That is after all the first priority of a team sport. Win and get to compete for a trophy.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
I agree with this. Getting to the playoffs is special and we don't do it nearly often enough anymore.

The reason it doesn't happen nearly enough is because of Garrett and Jerry. And there was a time for the Dallas Cowboy franchise when it wasn't special, it was expected.

Watched the NE/Steelers game yesterday. They had a graphic of how often both of those teams get to the playoffs. It was sickening to be a Cowboys fan and know it used to be that way for us as well. Can't hope for anything but the big dirt-nap for Jerry. But getting rid of Garrett might be half the battle. I'd gladly trade a futile trip to the playoffs to see him gone.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This team goes no where with Garrett as coach. It'll be a one and done if they make it. IMHO either Garrett and Linehan have to go or Dak has to go. And sadly I'd be ok with all three going at this point I'm so tired of them all.
I think throwing Dak away is like throwing the baby out with the bathwater. He really hasn't been bad and frankly it's impossible to judge him while having this terrible coaching staff in place. Not saying I'm ready to lock Dak up long term but I'd give him a shot with a real offensive coordinator and coaching staff. He's actually shown some ability even if it isn't as much as we would all like.

As far as Garrett or Dak. What the point in replacing Dak and not Garrett? Garrett would just drive the next QB into the ground. I'm not sure why anyone has any faith that Garrett would help a QB to succeed.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I think throwing Dak away is like throwing the baby out with the bathwater. He really hasn't been bad and frankly it's impossible to judge him while having this terrible coaching staff in place. Not saying I'm ready to lock Dak up long term but I'd give him a shot with a real offensive coordinator and coaching staff. He's actually shown some ability even if it isn't as much as we would all like.

As far as Garrett or Dak. What the point in replacing Dak and not Garrett? Garrett would just drive the next QB into the ground. I'm not sure why anyone has any faith that Garrett would help a QB to succeed.
And that's what I don't frickin get about Garrett. He was a qb coach when we just had to have him. Even though he is the HC, shouldn't he be able to intervene with Moore's counsel and give he and Dak both a lesson? Or was he not really that great of a fucking coach and you just wanted a cowboy face?

it'd be great to have a young coach who's as hungry for a championship as the players are. The guy we have right now just has no philosophy, he just wants to do it the right way. And that's fine if you're in the FO, and I think that's our only hope. Garrett is all about the right kind of guy. If Jerry would Bring him into an office and let him and mcclay find us the right guys, then he could find us a coach who's fucking hungry. Dak can be a bus driver until we find another qb, and there's a chance he could prosper under a different offensive staff...but that would not stop me from looking for a franchise guy by any means necessary.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
The reason it doesn't happen nearly enough is because of Garrett and Jerry. And there was a time for the Dallas Cowboy franchise when it wasn't special, it was expected.

Watched the NE/Steelers game yesterday. They had a graphic of how often both of those teams get to the playoffs. It was sickening to be a Cowboys fan and know it used to be that way for us as well. Can't hope for anything but the big dirt-nap for Jerry. But getting rid of Garrett might be half the battle. I'd gladly trade a futile trip to the playoffs to see him gone.
What were the odds of making the playoffs over the past 18 years when when you play the:

A) Jets, Bills, Dolphins
B) Browns, Bengals
or
C) Giants, Eagles, Redskins

twice a year?

Lets not dismiss/discount the contributing factor that the Patriots' division has been to their success since 2001. There's no denying their HOF coach and GOAT quarterback, but they've also had the benefit of 6 extra bye weeks each year. Pittsburgh too, yeah they have to contend with Baltimore, but it's not like Cincinnati and Cleveland have been stalwarts in that division.

Top Bottom