Dak Prescott changed Amari Cooper’s route on his 75-yard touchdown against the Eagles

lostxn

DCC 4Life
You know I finally figured out why we're all so hard on Dak vs Romo. When Romo came on, we had survived nearly 6 years of horrible QB play - Quincy Carter, Anthony Wright, Ryan Leaf, Clint Stoerner, Chad Hutchinson, Vinny Testaverde, Drew Henson, and Drew Bledsoe. We were desperate for a savior and Romo fit the fill to a t. We certainly didn't love the turnovers but he also put up big numbers and threw a beautiful ball. He was also charismatic and was gutsy as hell. Overall, we were delighted to have a top 5-10 QB. Further, the guy was smart and got better and better as his career progressed. Then he gets hurt again and again and again and, suddenly, he's done.

Now along comes Dak and he lights the world on fire as a rookie. Yeah we see some problems but overall the production is off the charts. So we're still happy. Then in year 2 the team takes a step back, much of it due to Roger Goodell and injuries to two All Pros (Lee and Smith). So now we see Dak regress - badly - in a sophomore slump. Now his warts are magnified. We now are getting subpar QBing and, frankly, we're pissed.

Now this year it was a bit of an extension of last year with losses at WR and TE and the worst receiving crew in the league. Until the Amari trade, Dak was looking bad.

Since the Amari trade we're seeing a whole different Dak with much improved play. It's still not 2016 but the line isn't playing at a 2016 level and that is a big part of it. Further, Dak is showing that he is handling pressure much better than last year. He won a game this year where he was sacked 7 times. Last year he would just go into a shell. I didn't think that was something you could change about a QB.

At the end of the day, Dak is not a top 10 QB at this time. However, he is a winner and player we can win with if you have a strong supporting cast. Perhaps he will grow as a passer over time. Romo did, why can't Dak? I think maybe we should be patient and see how this year and next go before we draft a replacement. We are going to have to pull up a Brinks truck to keep him though. It's a sunk cost so just accept it.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
People mistakenly thought Dak was some miracle QB as a rookie and the dense management used stats based on unbelievable supporting talent to promote him ahead of Tony Romo in a year where we had a real shot.

The rest of the world could see Dak was a caretaker as a rookie relying almost totally on Zeke and his OL.

But this his team got all dreamy-eyed about a new dynasty featuring Zeke and Dak and benched a far superior passer when we had a real shot to win the Superbowl.

The last two years have proved definitively Dak wasn’t/isn’t cooked yet, but people keep stubbornly claiming he’s the next coming.

They have to, because if they back of their ridiculous take they have to admit they were very wrong about benching Romo.

Romo had his own flaws, but in 2016 he was better than Dak.

If Tony managed to get hurt again, Hell THEN play Dak.

Instead we went one and done against a defense we should have scored 48 points against.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
People mistakenly thought Dak was some miracle QB as a rookie and the dense management used stats based on unbelievable supporting talent to promote him ahead of Tony Romo in a year where we had a real shot.

The rest of the world could see Dak was a caretaker as a rookie relying almost totally on Zeke and his OL.

But this his team got all dreamy-eyed about a new dynasty featuring Zeke and Dak and benched a far superior passer when we had a real shot to win the Superbowl.

The last two years have proved definitively Dak wasn’t/isn’t cooked yet, but people keep stubbornly claiming he’s the next coming.

They have to, because if they back of their ridiculous take they have to admit they were very wrong about benching Romo.

Romo had his own flaws, but in 2016 he was better than Dak.

If Tony managed to get hurt again, Hell THEN play Dak.

Instead we went one and done against a defense we should have scored 48 points against.
I thought Daks rookie year was a mirage and in so many words said so. I indicated he would not repeat his rookie season for various reasons and teams would realign for him. The biggest factor I think was that the play book wasn’t the catylist for his performance.

Dak will get better because he is now in his third season of the system and second year of the playbook. That’s the normal time for Quarterbacks to get to the crossroads. I think he is athletic enough to be effective but he needs a lot of help in developing in relying on instincts rather than trying to think before he acts. That’s the part that gets him in trouble.

We will all know after this season because it looks like he will be exposed to the playoff series and how he handles that will probably make or break him as far as going to the next level.

shane

DCC 4Life
The fact that Dak and Cooper are developing such a rapport and a chemistry is amazing news. Fuck the haters.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Top Bottom