Dak Prescott changed Amari Cooper’s route on his 75-yard touchdown against the Eagles

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I've heard Cooper on at least two separate occasions comment that he runs a lot of Slant routes and sit routes. It's like he's being as polite as he can, but still wondering aloud, "what the fuck, Linehan?".

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
QB calls audible during pre snap.

More breaking news at 5.

Lookit, I wasn’t here with you guys during the game, so I’m not up to date on everyone’s opinion of Dak, but at this point I dare someone to tell me he isn’t the most glaring weakness on this team. Sure, the inherent nature and importance of his position exacerbates things, but he is limiting this team, not enabling it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've heard Cooper on at least two separate occasions comment that he runs a lot of Slant routes and sit routes. It's like he's being as polite as he can, but still wondering aloud, "what the fuck, Linehan?".
To be fair he has literally been one of the most elite WRs during his time with the Cowboys, so I'm not sure he has a ton of room to bitch.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Cooper was the one that wanted to change the route. The article makes it sound like it was Daks idea.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Don’t care. Until his pocket awareness improves to one greater than a slug, that’s what I’m going to call him. Bring on the hate.
Quincy had good pocket awareness. He just couldn't read defenses or throw accurately. They are different players.

Dak was ROY and a Pro Bowler. Quincy never sniffed the Pro Bowl.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
QB calls audible during pre snap.

More breaking news at 5.

Lookit, I wasn’t here with you guys during the game, so I’m not up to date on everyone’s opinion of Dak, but at this point I dare someone to tell me he isn’t the most glaring weakness on this team. Sure, the inherent nature and importance of his position exacerbates things, but he is limiting this team, not enabling it.
Uhhh...right now our biggest problem is probably the offensive line. They aren't what was advertised mostly because it's a MASH unit. If we had the dominant line we expected this team would likely be putting up 2016 numbers.

You can win with a QB like Dak but everything else has to be stellar around him.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
Uhhh...right now our biggest problem is probably the offensive line. They aren't what was advertised mostly because it's a MASH unit. If we had the dominant line we expected this team would likely be putting up 2016 numbers.

You can win with a QB like Dak but everything else has to be stellar around him.
So unless there is an absolutely stacked team around him, it’s hard to win? How does that refute my point? Not saying there aren’t issues there, but Zeke certainly seemed to have enough room to run over Philly. Dak was sacked twice. Obviously there were some low points, but if you think that the OL had a worse day than Dak, then you’re wrong. People just to want to slurp him because of what he did in the 4th and OT. (Of which I will say, he is lucky as shat that last play wasn’t an INT. But, it just shows up as another TD in the stat line, so it ends up lauded versus lampooned)

There isnt a 4th and OT if he is more than just a competent QB. It’s easier to shrug off as more growing pains because we won. Come January, when the same carelessness, inaccuracy, and pocket awareness issues show their heads, and doom us against better teams, it will be hard for people to be as naive.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
So unless there is an absolutely stacked team around him, it’s hard to win? How does that refute my point? Not saying there aren’t issues there, but Zeke certainly seemed to have enough room to run over Philly. Dak was sacked twice. Obviously there were some low points, but if you think that the OL had a worse day than Dak, then you’re wrong. People just to want to slurp him because of what he did in the 4th and OT. (Of which I will say, he is lucky as shat that last play wasn’t an INT. But, it just shows up as another TD in the stat line, so it ends up lauded versus lampooned)
Look we could do better at QB no question, we could also do worse. He's not a QB that will elevate the team but he generally won't get you beat. He's proven he's a winner. Could we do better? Possibly. I wouldn't let him go until we can draft someone better. I also would continue trying to develop Dak. QBs typically improve with experience until they hit a physical cliff.

As for giving him credit for luck, that is true of every QB. Aikman won his first NFC Championship because the DB covering Harper slipped and Romanowski dropped a pick thrown right at him. Romo is a loser because Dez lost control of a ball and Murray fumbled. Is it fair? No. Just the way it is. We call players winners because they win. Dak has proven to be a winner.

There isnt a 4th and OT if he is more than just a competent QB. It’s easier to shrug off as more growing pains because we won. Come January, when the same carelessness, inaccuracy, and pocket awareness issues show their heads, and doom us against better teams, it will be hard for people to be as naive.
You are right, the sloppiness will get us beat against better teams. Hopefully we see some development but I think you are right. I'm not against drafting a replacement I just don't think we have the ammunition to do it.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Its just unimaginative trolling.
I find it hard for someone to troll their own team. And, I don’t care if anyone agrees with me. I’m not asking for your permission, support, or appreciation of my statement. Until that inaccurate sack machine gains some pocket awareness, thinks faster, and becomes more accurate, he’s Quincy Carter 2.0. He’s just the more likable, non-drug abusing version.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
To be fair he has literally been one of the most elite WRs during his time with the Cowboys, so I'm not sure he has a ton of room to bitch.
True. But, based on Cooper’s comment, it’s fair to wonder whether that’s due to Linehan’s play calling or in spite of it. It makes me curious as to whether some of the other big plays that he made were changed on the field as opposed to running what was called.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I find it hard for someone to troll their own team. And, I don’t care if anyone agrees with me. I’m not asking for your permission, support, or appreciation of my statement. Until that inaccurate sack machine gains some pocket awareness, thinks faster, and becomes more accurate, he’s Quincy Carter 2.0. He’s just the more likable, non-drug abusing version.
It's trolling because you know its not true but you continue with the nonsense to try and annoy and piss people off. It's the definition of trolling. You don't need my permission, do what you want. I get that internet trolls take some pleasure from what they do. I'm sure you get enjoyment out of people's reactions. Good for you. It's just lame.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
It's trolling because you know its not true but you continue with the nonsense to try and annoy and piss people off. It's the definition of trolling. You don't need my permission, do what you want. I get that internet trolls take some pleasure from what they do. I'm sure you get enjoyment out of people's reactions. Good for you. It's just lame.
What’s not true? That he’s inaccurate? That’s he’s a sack machine? That his piss poor play costs us games? That he lacks the fundamental ability to play the position? Again, until he proves othewise, he’s nothing more than a likable version of Q-Car with better intangibles and without the drug problems.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What’s not true? That he’s inaccurate? That’s he’s a sack machine? That his piss poor play costs us games? That he lacks the fundamental ability to play the position? Again, until he proves othewise, he’s nothing more than a likable version of Q-Car with better intangibles and without the drug problems.
All of this. It's pretty easy to see his winning percentage compared to all other NFL QBs over the last 3 years ad realize that this is just hyperbole.

I'll give you he has been a sack machine this year. Our O-line has been the worst we have seen in years as well. Inaccurate may be your opinion. But if you believe he is inaccurate I'm guessing you must think a lot of other NFL starters are inaccurate as well. So until you make a decent argument as to how he is similar to Quincy Carter you're doing nothing more than trolling. But carry on, I enjoy you as a poster most of the time. This one is just a tired schtick.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Here's question based on Cooper's quote.

Cooper: "It’'s interesting because I actually had another stop route on that play and they were, if you were watching, really sitting on those stop routes."

Key words in that sentence: "... they were, if you were watching, really sitting on those stop routes."

So isn't it safe to assume that the offensive coordinator was ... watching ... like Cooper was .... watching? And noticing? And making adjustments? Like Cooper did? Isn't that pretty much the offensive coordinator's job?

Would Jerry notice Cooper's quote and between gulps of Jack Daniels wonder the same thing?

I"m guessing Carrot's job is safe, probably into the foreseeable future. But if they don't dump Linehan this sorry-ass franchise deserves whatever happens to it.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Interesting.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Amari is a classy guy and he's deflecting criticism from his QB.

He's also a great WR who's able to adjust to shoddy QB play.

I'll believe my own eyes who see Dak's timing is off with everyone else.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Amari is a classy guy and he's deflecting criticism from his QB.

He's also a great WR who's able to adjust to shoddy QB play.

I'll believe my own eyes who see Dak's timing is off with everyone else.
Exactly. Equivalent statement to when Miles Austin claimed to have lost a badly missed Romo pass “in the lights”.

Top Bottom