Week 14 Game Day Chatter | Eagles @ Cowboys | 12-09-2018

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Prescott hits Cooper more because he is a special talent that can adjust to his errant throws.

Even Gallup has stated he has to adjust out of his transitions to, uh, deal with the handicap.
He also needs to not slow down on his deep routes. There was one against the Eagles where he had the guy beat but throttled way down for some reason.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Tony Romo also has fumbled 8 times in a season before. So no, not really true either. Granted Dak has 3 more games left to best that. But Romo actually was a fumble machine at one point. Romo also missed his fair share of deep throws. But it's amazing how time can erase those moments from our memory. Google Tony Romo bad plays and watch the videos if you need a recollection of some of his boneheaded plays. There are lots.

And no Dak isn't a better deep ball passer than Romo. But Dak isn't egregious either. He's pretty much average right now.
Prescott has 12 fumbles with 3 games to go.

Not really comparable to Romo's 8.

And nothing is "erased" from our memories.

Maybe you are the one who has had memories erased, if you are implying that Dak is anywhere near what Romo ever was.

Romo was better. Hands down. Different tier.

Romo had his faults, but it's not close. Kinda hilarious to suggest otherwise.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Prescott has 12 fumbles with 3 games to go.

Not really comparable to Romo's 8.
You sure do love talking out of your ass. But I guess if you want to talk fumbles and not just fumbles lost according to NFL.com Dak has 12. Romo has had 13 in a season. His first 3 season in the NFL he had 32 fumbles. Dak has 25. So yes, you clearly do not recall what Romo was, instead you've made up a fairy tale in your head.

Reminds me of those people who swear they saw a Sinbad movie where he was a genie.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You sure do love talking out of your ass. But I guess if you want to talk fumbles and not just fumbles lost according to NFL.com Dak has 12.
That's not "talking out of my ass." You said Prescott had 8 fumbles and I knew that wasn't true, I looked up the right number, which yes, is 12, and presto here we are.

I took you at your word that Romo had 8; I didn't bother looking that up, so that's your fault, not mine.

If you were talking about FUMBLES LOST, you should have said so.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's not "talking out of my ass." You said Prescott had 8 fumbles and I knew that wasn't true, I looked up the right number, which yes, is 12, and presto here we are.

I took you at your word that Romo had 8; I didn't bother looking that up, so that's your fault, not mine.
I do love how you can be dead wrong but it's someone else's fault. I was basing it off ESPN.com which lists Dak at 8 fumbles on the season. They listed Romo's as 8 as well. The point remains Romo had more of a fumbling problem in the first 3 years of his career and both guys third years are pretty similar in terms of fumbles. Even though you claim your memory tells you something different.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Kick his ass, Seabass.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Romo missed plenty of throws and probably had just as many if not more boneheaded picks. People have revisionist memories when it comes to Romo.
Romos stats will tell a different tale. He was pretty consistent.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
That was stupid by Wilson

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe you are the one who has had memories erased, if you are implying that Dak is anywhere near what Romo ever was.
Fun game tonight. QB's in their third year as a starter

276 of 450 3,448 yards 7.7 yards per attempt 61.3 completion percentage 91.4 QB rating
285 of 418 3,131 yards 7.5 yards per attempt 68.2 completion percentage 96.7 QB rating

I'm sure you can guess which QB is which.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Holy shit. That was one of the worst passes you'll ever see.

Also, why the fuck did Hendricks jump when catching that INT? That should have been a pick 6. Or at least a damn good chance at one if he could have outrun the pursuit.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Also, why the fuck did Hendricks jump when catching that INT? That should have been a pick 6. Or at least a damn good chance at one if he could have outrun the pursuit.
Yeah he could have took that back

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Dude. It was Russell Wison.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am rooting hard for the Vikings to bow up and crush the Seahawks old school-style.

Fuck them, fuck their coach and fuck their stupid uniforms and fuck their fans.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am rooting hard for the Vikings to bow up and crush the Seahawks old school-style.

Fuck them, fuck their coach and fuck their stupid uniforms and fuck their fans.
Unfortunately Cousins looks like warmed over dog shit.

data

Forbes #1
Catching up on this thread, why are there a bunch of posts comparing Dak and Romo?

Is Romo coming back? Is someone implying battered-up-Romo could still be our consistent starter in 2018?

Top Bottom