Week 14 Game Day Chatter | Eagles @ Cowboys | 12-09-2018

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Nothing but luck here.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I wouldn't put Tannehill above Dak at all, and I'd definitely take Mayfield over Dak but that's mostly a projection. I'd probably take Stafford also but that's not 100%.

I'm also not sure that I'd take Cousins over Dak, the guy is just as much of a turnover machine and generally puts up empty stats while coming up small late in games.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

God awful throw.
I don't know how he can make these passes to Cooper down the field but yet couldn't hit Gallup on the same route even if he was running against nothing but air.

It isn't just that he misses Gallup, is that he doesn't even come close.

How can that be?

Cotton

Staff member
I don't know how he can make these passes to Cooper down the field but yet couldn't hit Gallup on the same route even if he was running against nothing but air.

It isn't just that he misses Gallup, is that he doesn't even come close.

How can that be?
I'm not sure. I guess the chemistry just isn't there yet. I just don't know.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I wouldn't put Tannehill above Dak at all, and I'd definitely take Mayfield over Dak but that's mostly a projection. I'd probably take Stafford also but that's not 100%.

I'm also not sure that I'd take Cousins over Dak, the guy is just as much of a turnover machine and generally puts up empty stats while coming up small late in games.
Yeah that can all be argued. My whole point of my original post is that Dak is an average to above average starter. Schmitty does his whole "16 you moron" it's more like 10...whatever. The point is he's not elite and we could do better. We also could do A LOT worse. Until we have a stud prospect, Dak is our starter. Live with it.

BTW, my stats were based on QB rating. I took a look at QBR which gives pretty different results. His first year, Dak dominated this stat. Interesting
RKPLAYERTOTAL QBR
1Drew Brees, NO83.5
2Patrick Mahomes, KC82.2
3Philip Rivers, LAC73.3
4Ben Roethlisberger, PIT72.9
5Tom Brady, NE72.8
6Jameis Winston, TB71.1
7Mitchell Trubisky, CHI71
8Andrew Luck, IND69.3
9Matt Ryan, ATL68.3
10Jared Goff, LAR68.1
11Russell Wilson, SEA67.1
12Carson Wentz, PHI65
13Kirk Cousins, MIN64.9
14Ryan Fitzpatrick, TB64.6
15Andy Dalton, CIN61.3
16Deshaun Watson, HOU60.2
17Cam Newton, CAR59.8
18Aaron Rodgers, GB57.3
19Josh Allen, BUF57.1
20Joe Flacco, BAL56.8
21Marcus Mariota, TEN55.6
22Dak Prescott, DAL53.8
23Baker Mayfield, CLE51.4
24Derek Carr, OAK51.1
25Matthew Stafford, DET50.6
26Alex Smith, WSH50.3
27Eli Manning, NYG49.7
28Blake Bortles, JAX49.6
29Case Keenum, DEN47.3
30Sam Darnold, NYJ34.4
31Josh Rosen, ARI30.4

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'm not sure. I guess the chemistry just isn't there yet. I just don't know.
This isn't the Dez Bryant fade or back shoulder throw, though.

This is a WR running wide open by a mile in a straight line down the field.

An NFL starting QB shouldn't miss that pass as many times as he has. He's literally missed that exact same pass 3 straight weeks. It's a simple 9 route and he's missing it every time.

Cotton

Staff member
This isn't the Dez Bryant fade or back shoulder throw, though.

This is a WR running wide open by a mile in a straight line down the field.

An NFL starting QB shouldn't miss that pass as many times as he has. He's literally missed that exact same pass 3 straight weeks. It's a simple 9 route and he's missing it every time.
He's missing it with Gallup every time. He isn't missing Cooper.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah that can all be argued. My whole point of my original post is that Dak is an average to above average starter. Schmitty does his whole "16 you moron" it's more like 10...whatever. The point is he's not elite and we could do better. We also could do A LOT worse. Until we have a stud prospect, Dak is our starter. Live with it.

BTW, my stats were based on QB rating. I took a look at QBR which gives pretty different results. His first year, Dak dominated this stat. Interesting
RKPLAYERTOTAL QBR
1Drew Brees, NO83.5
2Patrick Mahomes, KC82.2
3Philip Rivers, LAC73.3
4Ben Roethlisberger, PIT72.9
5Tom Brady, NE72.8
6Jameis Winston, TB71.1
7Mitchell Trubisky, CHI71
8Andrew Luck, IND69.3
9Matt Ryan, ATL68.3
10Jared Goff, LAR68.1
11Russell Wilson, SEA67.1
12Carson Wentz, PHI65
13Kirk Cousins, MIN64.9
14Ryan Fitzpatrick, TB64.6
15Andy Dalton, CIN61.3
16Deshaun Watson, HOU60.2
17Cam Newton, CAR59.8
18Aaron Rodgers, GB57.3
19Josh Allen, BUF57.1
20Joe Flacco, BAL56.8
21Marcus Mariota, TEN55.6
22Dak Prescott, DAL53.8
23Baker Mayfield, CLE51.4
24Derek Carr, OAK51.1
25Matthew Stafford, DET50.6
26Alex Smith, WSH50.3
27Eli Manning, NYG49.7
28Blake Bortles, JAX49.6
29Case Keenum, DEN47.3
30Sam Darnold, NYJ34.4
31Josh Rosen, ARI30.4
The fact that Jameis Winston is 6th on that list kind of invalidates it a bit. I also don't take any list seriously that has Trubisky 15 spots in front of Dak.

I think Trubisky and Dak are extremely similar QB's, I might take Dak at this point but it's pretty much a tossup.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
His days an as elite LT are over, I think.

He's become Doug Free -- a guy who on any given night can give you a very solid performance or become a liability.

He should be ok for another season as a starter, but LT is a position to keep a close eye on.
I think you are getting ahead of yourself. He's the kind of guy that would go on to play a half decade at a high level elsewhere.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You should hear the way other teams' fans talk about Dak. They say "he's a winner" and "he's a gamer." They see his highlights and not his lowlights that we are subjected to and get a slanted view of how good he is. Just the way we do about other teams' QBs.

Now I said 16 teams as a guesstimate but I wasn't far off. We have better QBing than the following teams:
  1. Buffalo Bills
  2. New York Jets
  3. Arizona Cardinals
  4. Baltimore Ravens
  5. Jacksonville Jaguars
  6. Denver Broncos
  7. Washington Redskins
  8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  9. Detroit Lions (I doubt they would trade Stafford with us, I would take that)
  10. Cincinnati Bengals
  11. San Francisco 49ers
  12. Chicago Bears (again they probably wouldn't trade but I wouldn't either)
  13. Cleveland Browns (again they probably wouldn't trade but I wouldn't either)
  14. Tennessee Titans
  15. New York Giants
We're about even with:
  1. Carolina Panthers
  2. Oakland Raiders
  3. Pittsburgh Steelers (Ben is getting old)
Then you have the superior teams:
  1. New England Patriots (Brady is having a shit year by his standards)
  2. Minnesota Vikings (I wouldn't take Cousins over Dak, he's just not a winner)
  3. Indianapolis Colts
  4. Green Bay Packers
  5. Houston Texans
  6. LA Rams
  7. Philadelphia Eagles
  8. Miami Dolphins
  9. Atlanta Falcons
  10. LA Chargers
  11. Kansas City Chiefs
  12. Seattle Seahawks
  13. New Orleans Saints
I don't agree with this list.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
He's missing it with Gallup every time. He isn't missing Cooper.
And the problem with that is, he missed him each time to seal the win.

If that doesn't get corrected soon, we'll be lamenting another playoff loss littered with "What-Ifs".

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm keeping Tyron until the wheels fall completely off.

I'd try like heck to re-sign Fleming as insurance and then look for opportunities to take a swing tackle in the draft. If that opportunity presents itself, and that guy looks like a potential replacement at LT, then fine, but until then I'm keeping Smith.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'm keeping Tyron until the wheels fall completely off.

I'd try like heck to re-sign Fleming as insurance and then look for opportunities to take a swing tackle in the draft. If that opportunity presents itself, and that guy looks like a potential replacement at LT, then fine, but until then I'm keeping Smith.
So would I, but I don't think he's ever going to be consistently elite ever again.

He'll be a solid starter who plays very good at times, but I think his days of being an elite player for 16 games are over.

Top Bottom