Week 14 Game Day Chatter | Eagles @ Cowboys | 12-09-2018

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Yup.

Outside of the Saints game, we've just been getting by despite his mistakes because we've played a bunch of teams with mediocre records during this winning streak.

I highly doubt the Saints (in a rematch in the Superdome), Rams, or even the Seahawks or Bears will be as forgiving in the playoffs should Dak leave a bunch of plays out on the field in those contests.

And I hope Michael Gallup doesn't have any rookie incentives in his contract because he's missed about 200 yards and 3 TDs in just the last 3 weeks alone thanks to Dak.

:lol
I wouldn't even list the Saints game as an exception. Remember he fumbled late in the game inside the red zone and put the ball back into Drew Brees' hands with about 2 minutes to play. Lucky for Dallas the defense came through with an INT on the very next play to ice the game.

vince

Not So New Member
Why do Cowboys fans love acting as if Romo was made to work with scraps while Dak was gifted a Super Bowl ready roster?

With the exception of maybe 2 or 3 years Romo played with some really good offensive linemen in front of him. Go back and check the rosters. He typically had 1-3 Pro Bowl caliber OL as well as some solid starters blocking for him.

Romo also pretty much always had a strong running game to lean on. Aside from the 2012 season DeMarco Murray was a fantastic lead back. So it just wasn't the 2014 season. Also, let's not forget that Romo had a Hall of Fame TE in his prime as well as two All-Pro WRs.
Accuracy. Romo didn't miss his targets as badly as Dak has. It's a huge deal. Especially the easy ones.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I wouldn't even list the Saints game as an exception. Remember he fumbled late in the game inside the red zone and put the ball back into Drew Brees' hands with about 2 minutes to play. Lucky for Dallas the defense came through with an INT on the very next play to ice the game.
And he also (stop me if you've heard this before) missed a wide open Gallup for a TD to ice the game.

I'm honestly not trying to hate on the guy, I just see a consistent trend of mistakes that he cannot stop committing that I am certain will cost us in the playoffs.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That dime in the back corner of the endzone was fucking beautiful.

Cotton

Staff member
From the my 2 cents dept: As someone who has defended Dak, after watching him in the Eagles game I don't think he's a promised-land QB. They won because of Zeke and Cooper on offense, plus a stellar defense.

Dak makes a good throw, then a horrible throw. He makes clutch plays, then puts the ball on the ground. The two TDs to Cooper were about 60% luck -- neither one was a particularly good throw.

No way Dumb and Dumber should lock him up with a lucrative contract.

Bullshit.

Cotton

Staff member
I think once we get Frederick and a healthy Martin back then the sacks won't be as much of a problem. I'm concerned with Smith and having to possibly find a LT.

Of course all of this wont happen until next year so we will just have to live with what we have now.
I am very much concerned about Smith. He had like 3 holding calls in this game and allowed a fair amount of pressure. His neck and back are an issue.

Cotton

Staff member
Why do Cowboys fans love acting as if Romo was made to work with scraps while Dak was gifted a Super Bowl ready roster?

With the exception of maybe 2 or 3 years Romo played with some really good offensive linemen in front of him. Go back and check the rosters. He typically had 1-3 Pro Bowl caliber OL as well as some solid starters blocking for him.

Romo also pretty much always had a strong running game to lean on. Aside from the 2012 season DeMarco Murray was a fantastic lead back. So it just wasn't the 2014 season. Also, let's not forget that Romo had a Hall of Fame TE in his prime as well as two All-Pro WRs.
Apologist.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Bullshit.
It's a bit of an exaggeration, but neither throw was to an open guy.

The 2nd pass is Cooper making a great last second move on an inexperienced CB to gain separation right as the ball is arriving.

The 3rd TD was an bad a decision and even worse throw off his back foot that could have very well have been picked.

Again, the 400-plus yards and the multiple TDs look great on paper, but you cannot ignore the multiple mistakes and bad decisions because that's how you blindly end up giving a guy a contract that sets your franchise back for years.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I am very much concerned about Smith. He had like 3 holding calls in this game and allowed a fair amount of pressure. His neck and back are an issue.
His days an as elite LT are over, I think.

He's become Doug Free -- a guy who on any given night can give you a very solid performance or become a liability.

He should be ok for another season as a starter, but LT is a position to keep a close eye on.

Cotton

Staff member
It's a bit of an exaggeration, but neither throw was to an open guy.

The 2nd pass is Cooper making a great last second move on an inexperienced CB to gain separation right as the ball is arriving.

The 3rd TD was an bad a decision and even worse throw off his back foot that could have very well have been picked.

Again, the 400-plus yards and the multiple TDs look great on paper, but you cannot ignore the multiple mistakes and bad decisions because that's how you blindly end up giving a guy a contract that sets your franchise back for years.
And, I'm not denying the mistakes he made, because he did.What I'm trying to get people to do is be fair in their criticism and recognize the good things he did. Because he did some good things. The whole bench his ass crowd needs to take a step back and be a little more realistic.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
There are 16 teams who would love to have Dak as their starter?

I don't think it's anywhere close to that.

I think there are more like 16 teams who are clear-cut better off with their guy than Dak.

Then there are about 5-10 teams who have similar instability.

Then there are a handful of teams with clear cut worse QB situations. Those are the ones who would be "happy" to have Dak.
You should hear the way other teams' fans talk about Dak. They say "he's a winner" and "he's a gamer." They see his highlights and not his lowlights that we are subjected to and get a slanted view of how good he is. Just the way we do about other teams' QBs.

Now I said 16 teams as a guesstimate but I wasn't far off. We have better QBing than the following teams:
  1. Buffalo Bills
  2. New York Jets
  3. Arizona Cardinals
  4. Baltimore Ravens
  5. Jacksonville Jaguars
  6. Denver Broncos
  7. Washington Redskins
  8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  9. Detroit Lions (I doubt they would trade Stafford with us, I would take that)
  10. Cincinnati Bengals
  11. San Francisco 49ers
  12. Chicago Bears (again they probably wouldn't trade but I wouldn't either)
  13. Cleveland Browns (again they probably wouldn't trade but I wouldn't either)
  14. Tennessee Titans
  15. New York Giants
We're about even with:
  1. Carolina Panthers
  2. Oakland Raiders
  3. Pittsburgh Steelers (Ben is getting old)
Then you have the superior teams:
  1. New England Patriots (Brady is having a shit year by his standards)
  2. Minnesota Vikings (I wouldn't take Cousins over Dak, he's just not a winner)
  3. Indianapolis Colts
  4. Green Bay Packers
  5. Houston Texans
  6. LA Rams
  7. Philadelphia Eagles
  8. Miami Dolphins
  9. Atlanta Falcons
  10. LA Chargers
  11. Kansas City Chiefs
  12. Seattle Seahawks
  13. New Orleans Saints

Top Bottom