Week 14 Game Day Chatter | Eagles @ Cowboys | 12-09-2018

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You are blinded by your Dak hate. I was accused of being a Dak apologist earlier, and I am not, but you are the polar fucking opposite. 455 yards.
It is not "hate". I am just not impressed by a guy that throws two bad picks and puts the ball on the ground in a big game.

Sorry.

I don't give a shit how many yards he puts up.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Dak was really excellent outside of the turnovers and the Gallup overthrow, the problem is that the turnovers, particularly the INT that setup the Eagles TD, were horrendous. The first interception was a really great play by the CB coming off his initial coverage, although I still mostly blame Dak.

The second interception was just horrific, Gallup was wide open and he just airmailed it, and of course it let the Eagles right back in the game. The fumble wasn't especially egregious but it's just more of what we've seen all year.

Even taking out the Elliott yardage Dak still put up about 380, so obviously that's excellent, and he converted a bunch of 3rd downs with his arm, on top of the 2 big TD's.
No doubt Dak had issues tonight, but this whole BS about how horrific he was today is so far overblown it isn't even funny.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Bears D is showing out tonight. Very impressive.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
We're going to get Minnesota or Seattle in the 1st, don't really care which as they seem to be mostly similar teams. I might prefer Minnesota since I think our pass rush prefers immobile QB's and Cousins is nowhere close to as clutch as Wilson, but they're mostly similar in my opinion.

I definitely want to be set up to play the Rams in the 2nd round though, mainly because their run defense is shit. I don't like our chances to beat New Orleans a second time in New Orleans.

All in all, we aren't going anywhere with Dak as inconsistent as he is and the OL giving up 3-4 sacks a game. I'd take one playoff win and call it a pretty successful season overall.
I agree. We're gonna have to invest some more capital in the offensive line it would seem. Or perhaps everyone gets healthy. Who knows. But we're gonna need a really good offseason. Retaining a bunch of our own, TW, safety.

We need a new OC, QB coach. Someone may poach Richard but I think he's not ready, honestly.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
455 yards on 42 of 54 passing. He played the position well. He just had a couple of turnovers. You can claim this Quincy idiocy on other games, but not this one.
Bullshit. Both INTs were brutal and on him. As were the multiple misses to Gallup which would’ve resulted in two fucking TDs.

Cotton

Staff member
It is not "hate". I am just not impressed by a guy that throws two bad picks and puts the ball on the ground in a big game.

Sorry.

You also obviously don't care he won us the game. BENCH HIS ASS!

Cotton

Staff member
Bullshit. Both INTs were brutal and on him. As were the multiple misses to Gallup which would’ve resulted in two fucking TDs.
The INTs were absolutely on him. So was the 455 yards and the win. Get over it, Quinthy hater.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You are blinded by your Dak hate. I was accused of being a Dak apologist earlier, and I am not, but you are the polar fucking opposite. 455 yards.
Ehh, you kind of are a Dak apologist.

There was still a lot of bad moments from Dak tonight. Three turnovers took a game that should have been over early to overtime.

You gotta own those struggles.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
No doubt Dak had issues tonight, but this whole BS about how horrific he was today is so far overblown it isn't even funny.
This is the bottom line about Dak right now:

He spent weeks struggling to move the ball in the air. Plagued him since his rookie year.

Cooper comes aboard and that has changed a good bit. He’s up over the 250 ypg Mendoza line, which is great... except now he can’t stop taking sacks, fumbling, turning the ball over, and all of a sudden he can’t finish in the red zone.

He still has fatal flaws. Hopefully he can improve them like he’s seemed to have done with his passing since Cooper arrived.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Rams offensive line literally looks like they are running screen plays just letting everyone run through free.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is the bottom line about Dak right now:

He spent weeks struggling to move the ball in the air. Plagued him since his rookie year.

Cooper comes aboard and that has changed a good bit. He’s up over the 250 ypg Mendoza line, which is great... except now he can’t stop taking sacks, fumbling, turning the ball over, and all of a sudden he can’t finish in the red zone.

He still has fatal flaws. Hopefully he can improve them like he’s seemed to have done with his passing since Cooper arrived.
I don't think he took any sacks today that were really his fault. I agree prior he had been. But he did a good job today dumping the ball off instead of taking the sack. Of the 3 sacks today one was a terrible snap. The 2 other were just bad pass blocking allowing immediate pressure everywhere. He just can't fumble while being sacked. It's a form thing. He was holding the ball way too low while trying to climb the pocket. A good QB coach can fix that.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

Sorry.

Don't you guys think we're a little over-critical of Dak? Through 3 quarters, he looked like a lost POS that was gonna fritter this win away. Then he comes alive in the 4th quarter and OT and goes off to the tune of 3 TDs and ends up qith a QB rating of 105.

I think he's an above average QB with plus mobility and leadership and minus accuracy. He's careful throwing the ball generally but is a fumbler. One thing he seems to have overcome in his tendency to go in a shell when he's hit too much. Maybe he can improve his accuracy as well. Who knows.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Bullshit on you. One of the picks was a stellar defensive play. Granted he stared down his receiver but it wasn't a bad read. It was just a stellar play. The other pick was a clear overthrow on a wide open receiver that was horrible. He's not the only QB out there missing receivers. Watch more football. You'll see it constantly.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't you guys think we're a little over-critical of Dak? Through 3 quarters, he looked like a lost POS that was gonna fritter this win away. Then he comes alive in the 4th quarter and OT and goes off to the tune of 3 TDs and ends up qith a QB rating of 105.

I think he's an above average QB with plus mobility and leadership and minus accuracy. He's careful throwing the ball generally but is a fumbler. One thing he seems to have overcome in his tendency to go in a shell when he's hit too much. Maybe he can improve his accuracy as well. Who knows.
Fans on this board are definitely over the top with the hate. Unless the guy literally has a perfect game he is trash and every mistakes gets thrown around like it's the worst thing anyone has ever seen a QB make. I mean some on here literally don't think the guy is a starting NFL QB. Its just trolling when it's taken that laughably far.

Not saying the guy is perfect, no QB is. And his mistakes today were costly. But in the end he won the game. He has been remarkably clutch in his young career. It's why he has won so many games.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bullshit on you. One of the picks was a stellar defensive play. Granted he stared down his receiver but it wasn't a bad read. It was just a stellar play. The other pick was a clear overthrow on a wide open receiver that was horrible. He's not the only QB out there missing receivers. Watch more football. You'll see it constantly.
This is 100% accurate.

kidd

DCC 4Life
He threw for 455 yards. That's impressive no matter what else is involved. You don't get 455 from just dumpoffs. Yes he made mistakes, but it's 455 yards! That's Mahomes/Peyton/Brees level. You all can't even once give Dak a shit bit of credit can you? Good lord.
LEAVE DAK ALONE!!

Attachments

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around

Sorry.

shane

DCC 4Life
The Dak hate on here gets ridiculous. He may not be the QB of the next decade on this team but he has already matched everything that Romo had ever accomplished in three years. He is obviously developing a rapport with Cooper and the team is winning. He also tends to do his best work in the 4th which is what you want to see from your starter.

So in short, lighten up ya pricks.

kidd

DCC 4Life
The Dak hate on here gets ridiculous. He may not be the QB of the next decade on this team but he has already matched everything that Romo had ever accomplished in three years. He is obviously developing a rapport with Cooper and the team is winning. He also tends to do his best work in the 4th which is what you want to see from your starter.

So in short, lighten up ya pricks.
:lol :lol:lol

Top Bottom