Week 14 Game Day Chatter | Eagles @ Cowboys | 12-09-2018

data

Forbes #1
If Bears win tonight, very tough for Bears to be #6 seed.

They hold the head-to-head tiebreaker over Seattle, too.

Can't root for both Seahawks and Vikings tomorrow.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
You guys are crazy. I want nothing to do with playing the Bears. They'd steal our lunch money. Mack might force about 5 fumbles from Dak. We might not score on them.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You guys are crazy. I want nothing to do with playing the Bears. They'd steal our lunch money. Mack might force about 5 fumbles from Dak. We might not score on them.
It would be a low scoring game for sure. Trubisky is capable of a real stinker.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dak threw for 455 yards today. Yes, he had bumps, but GTFO with this benching him bullshit.
That was a pretty unimpressive 455.

The dude missed a ton of opportunities. And most were dump offs to Elliott in the middle.

If I am handing out game balls, he doesn't get one.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

The dude missed a ton of opportunities. And most were dump offs to Elliott in the middle.

Pull all of Zekes catches out of there and it's still a ton of yards with a higher average per attempt. So that part of your argument doesn't hold much water. Besides what's wrong with taking a 6 yard pass to the RB when the pressure is ripping apart the Oline?

lostxn

DCC 4Life
We have a 99% chance to make the playoffs with a 3 game lead on the Eagles and the Redskins. We would have to lose out and either the Skins or Eagles would have to win out.

data

Forbes #1
We have a 99% chance to make the playoffs with a 3 game lead on the Eagles and the Redskins. We would have to lose out and either the Skins or Eagles would have to win out.
#nojinx, but this sure beats the hell out of those Week 17 do-or-die games, huh?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Shit, in all honesty it’s been a fun year. We swept the Eagles and most likely ended any playoff hopes they had, Washington is a damn dumpster fire, and Cooper looks like the Devil gave Jones a free pass.
I can't imagine how bad it would be without the Cooper deal.

So yeah, you have to give Jones credit for it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We're going to get Minnesota or Seattle in the 1st, don't really care which as they seem to be mostly similar teams. I might prefer Minnesota since I think our pass rush prefers immobile QB's and Cousins is nowhere close to as clutch as Wilson, but they're mostly similar in my opinion.

I definitely want to be set up to play the Rams in the 2nd round though, mainly because their run defense is shit. I don't like our chances to beat New Orleans a second time in New Orleans.

All in all, we aren't going anywhere with Dak as inconsistent as he is and the OL giving up 3-4 sacks a game. I'd take one playoff win and call it a pretty successful season overall.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

He threw for 455 yards. That's impressive no matter what else is involved. You don't get 455 from just dumpoffs. Yes he made mistakes, but it's 455 yards! That's Mahomes/Peyton/Brees level. You all can't even once give Dak a shit bit of credit can you? Good lord.

Cotton

Staff member
I hope he goes for it. Motivate yourself, Quinthy 2.0.
You are blinded by your Dak hate. I was accused of being a Dak apologist earlier, and I am not, but you are the polar fucking opposite. 455 yards.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I can't imagine how bad it would be without the Cooper deal.

So yeah, you have to give Jones credit for it.
You know, there was a certain poster that was very much for trading for Cooper. Admittedly, this genius poster wanted to give up a second but whatever. If only we knew who that Nostradamus was...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He threw for 455 yards. That's impressive no matter what else is involved. You don't get 455 from just dumpoffs. Yes he made mistakes, but it's 455 yards! That's Mahomes/Peyton/Brees level. You all can't even once give Dak a shit bit of credit can you? Good lord.
The Eagles have about as shit of a secondary we will see for the rest of this season.

This was not a situation where he overachieved.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Dak was really excellent outside of the turnovers and the Gallup overthrow, the problem is that the turnovers, particularly the INT that setup the Eagles TD, were horrendous. The first interception was a really great play by the CB coming off his initial coverage, although I still mostly blame Dak.

The second interception was just horrific, Gallup was wide open and he just airmailed it, and of course it let the Eagles right back in the game. The fumble wasn't especially egregious but it's just more of what we've seen all year.

Even taking out the Elliott yardage Dak still put up about 380, so obviously that's excellent, and he converted a bunch of 3rd downs with his arm, on top of the 2 big TD's.

Cotton

Staff member
The Eagles have about as shit of a secondary we will see for the rest of this season.

This was not a situation where he overachieved.
Oh, shut up. It was 455 yards. Unless he was playing Joseph Mary's dickless kids, it was a damn good night.

Top Bottom