Week 14 Game Day Chatter | Eagles @ Cowboys | 12-09-2018

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Dak is definitely held to a higher standard by Cowboys fans. This isn't Quincy in any way what so ever. People just throw that around to troll.
He was absolutely putting up Quincy numbers for a nice run of weeks there.

He's overcome it.

Now he needs to figure out his problem finishing in the red zone, and all the sacks/fumbles he's taking.

data

Forbes #1
Good sign is TEs with 10 catches.

that one Witten staple play with quick PA to TE over middle was great to see back in the mix.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He was absolutely putting up Quincy numbers for a nice run of weeks there.

He's overcome it.

Now he needs to figure out his problem finishing in the red zone, and all the sacks/fumbles he's taking.
No he wasn't. The argument that his numbers were closer to Quincy than the NFL elite was your only argument. And now that isn't even true. Let it goo, let it goooooo

Cujo

DCC 4Life
You have to love that the shit eating defending Superbowl Champs won't even make the playoffs.
Love the hell out of it. One of my clients is from philly and has been asking me all week if I was ready for this beatdown. Can't wait to give him lots of shit tomorrow morning.

data

Forbes #1
Btw, who broke up the Eagles TD cela-lame-tion?

Pay that man.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
No he wasn't. The argument that his numbers were closer to Quincy than the NFL elite was your only argument. And now that isn't even true. Let it goo, let it goooooo
Uh, he kinda was. His rating was like 72 for a while there and Quincy's was like 74 one year, it was something like that. Real close.

But I'm not calling him Quincy. He's better than Quincy, no doubt.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Also, Gregory had another sack, and SHOULD have had two except for the refs screwing him.

That's four in 5 games.

Side note: He kinda loves sacking Wentz. I think 3 of his 5 career sacks are on Wentz.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Assuming Garrett is in fact gonna keep his job, which is reasonable on some fronts (the same reasonableness that would say you can't get rid of Prescott yet either -- so I'm not saying its the right move, just that Jerry will never do it).....

.... I do think you have to take a look at the offense, even if we win a playoff game, and say, something has to change here.

Say we finish 10-6 and win a playoff game before getting blasted by the Rams or Saints. I still think you have to look at replacing Linehan and Moore. Something MUST change there.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
That was brass ones.
No question. Props where it's warranted. Props to Garrett for that, and their decision to pass downfield on the game winning touchdown. They easily could have called a run or screen or other safe play to make sure the clock keeps running.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Uh, he kinda was. His rating was like 72 for a while there and Quincy's was like 74 one year, it was something like that. Real close.

But I'm not calling him Quincy. He's better than Quincy, no doubt.
I mean he has literally only had 2 games all season with QB ratings less than 74.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Assuming Garrett is in fact gonna keep his job, which is reasonable on some fronts (the same reasonableness that would say you can't get rid of Prescott yet either -- so I'm not saying its the right move, just that Jerry will never do it).....

.... I do think you have to take a look at the offense, even if we win a playoff game, and say, something has to change here.

Say we finish 10-6 and win a playoff game before getting blasted by the Rams or Saints. I still think you have to look at replacing Linehan and Moore. Something MUST change there.
If Dallas got lucky and made it far enough to play the Saints or Rams neither matchup worries me anymore. The Saints we’’’ve already beaten and they barely made it by Tampa today. The Rams are looking pretty pedestrian against a stout Bears D. Are D is easily as good as Chicago’s.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
If Dallas got lucky and made it far enough to play the Saints or Rams neither matchup worries me anymore. The Saints we’’’ve already beaten and they barely made it by Tampa today. The Rams are looking pretty pedestrian against a stout Bears D. Are D is easily as good as Chicago’s.
Shit, we're not going anywhere in the playoffs. We're too inconsistent on offense to make a serious run. Also our secondary still needs some work.

data

Forbes #1
At this point, I'm all in. Only thing that can nearly erase an Eagles SB is following it up with our own Super Bowl title after sweeping them and essentially knock them out of the playoffs.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Also that Dallas Goedert is gonna be a Zach Ertz pain in our ass for a long time.

Kinda would like to have him.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
At this point, I'm all in. Only thing that can nearly erase an Eagles SB is following it up with our own Super Bowl title after sweeping them and essentially knock them out of the playoffs.
I can't get that level of hyped yet.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shit, we're not going anywhere in the playoffs. We're too inconsistent on offense to make a serious run. Also our secondary still needs some work.
I mean I've lost faith in this teams ability to win in the playoffs but we have literally won 5 games straight including a win over the best team in the NFL in the Saints. So to say this team is too inconsistent seems to not be based on facts.

Top Bottom