Week 14 Game Day Chatter | Eagles @ Cowboys | 12-09-2018

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Dude.... What is up with this new software?

I'm double-checking before I post and yet I'm still getting a bunch of crazy typos sheet I hit submit.

Is this acting wonky for anyone else?

data

Forbes #1
Zeke with another ~200 scrimmage yards game today.

Love him like fat kid loves cake

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It’s also Quincy’s inability to play the position well.
455 yards on 42 of 54 passing. He played the position well. He just had a couple of turnovers. You can claim this Quincy idiocy on other games, but not this one.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We had like 90 plays to their 50, outgained them by at least 200 yards .. and barely won. That’'s Garrett's offense.
This team played sloppy, got screwed by a shit ton of penalties and screwed the pooch in the redzone more than once. And yet we still won. We also got killed in the turnover margin which usually is a guaranteed loss in the NFL. No question we were the better team though. Shouldn't have been close.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
455 yards on 42 of 54 passing. He played the position well. He just had a couple of turnovers. You can claim this Quincy idiocy on other games, but not this one.
Dak is definitely held to a higher standard by Cowboys fans. This isn't Quincy in any way what so ever. People just throw that around to troll.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
But do they miss it three straight weeks in a row in the fourth quarter to a wide open receiver with a chance to ice the game?

Because Dak Prescott does.
Some of this stuff can be fixed with a competent QB coach. I’m not 100% sold on Dak but Garrett and Jones haven’t done the guy any favors sticking him with Bucky McBuckerton.

Cotton

Staff member
On the main page, it says the last post in this thread was made by Rockslamdance two hours ago.:shrug
Yeah, it's a glitch. Not sure how to fix it. Just power on for now.

Cotton

Staff member
Dak is definitely held to a higher standard by Cowboys fans. This isn't Quincy in any way what so ever. People just throw that around to troll.
Anyone that even begins to think Dak is comparable to Quincy either didn't watch Quincy play or is an absolute idiot. Looking at you, Playmaker

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That was brass ones.
Yeah it shocked me. Did not see that coming from Garrett. He didn't even get cute either. Just basically pushed his chips in and said you won't stop Zeke twice. I'm all about giving a guy props when he does good even if I think he otherwise sucks. That was a badass call and the right one.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Dak threw for 455 yards today. Yes, he had bumps, but GTFO with this benching him bullshit.
I mean, you can't bench him.

But my opinion hasn't changed much. He's kinda a below average QB.

He's gotten better at moving the football as the season has gone on; but in return, he's gotten much worse at taking sacks and protecting the ball and not finishing drives (all the things he was previously good at).

He has to put it all together and he can be Russell Wilson.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some of this stuff can be fixed with a competent QB coach. I’m not 100% sold on Dak but Garrett and Jones haven’t done the guy any favors sticking him with Bucky McBuckerton.
One thing is for sure, Dak is a different passer with Cooper. Night and day this offense with him out there.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'll take the win especially against a hated rival like Philly.

This all but seals the division.

But if there is one negative from all of this it's that it should be viewed as a glaring example of why Dak Prescott isn't the guy, but instead they won't look at everything he did to make that game a whole lot closer than it should have been, and instead they will look at the few plays he did make as proof that he's the quarterback of the future.

It's ok to enjoy this win for now, but locking up Dak a long-term contract is going to damn this team for years to come.
Yeah, unfortunately, you're about to get another 3 years of this and a Garrett extension to boot.

Best just hope Prescott can will himself to some ugly wins in the playoffs with this D and running game.

The OL is kinda a mess right now though. Smith and Martin need more rest badly, and we are really missing our rock in Frederick.

data

Forbes #1
Defense essentially shutdown Ertz in 2nd half.

Can I get a hallelujah for a halftime adjustment?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I mean, you can't bench him.

But my opinion hasn't changed much. He's kinda a below average QB.

He's gotten better at moving the football as the season has gone on; but in return, he's gotten much worse at taking sacks and protecting the ball and not finishing drives (all the things he was previously good at).

He has to put it all together and he can be Russell Wilson.
I think the mash unit offensive line plays a big part in that. We used to just be able to pound the ball in. This offensive line can't do that. And frankly they struggle to protect well on play action even.

Top Bottom