Week 14 Game Day Chatter | Eagles @ Cowboys | 12-09-2018

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
We had like 90 plays to their 50, outgained them by at least 200 yards .. and barely won. That’'s Garrett's offense.

data

Forbes #1
FYI....

""At halftime of the worst game in a crumbling Washington Redskins season, a crowd formed around FedEx Field’s west gate Sunday afternoon. Their fans wanted to get out.""

""So, as what was announced as a crowd of 57,437 dwindled to something resembling half that number, and Washington stumbled to its fourth loss in a row and fifth in six games...""

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/redskins-routed-by-giants-40-16-in-an-embarrassing-home-loss/2018/12/09/58ce4692-fbe2-11e8-83c0-b06139e540e5_story.html?utm_term=.c10dfa372168

:towel

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Cooper is insane.

The O-line is officially a liability, maybe the weakest unit on the team outside of the TEs.

Zeke, also insane.

Dak=garbage, can you imagine how good this team would be if they had a QB who didn't turn the ball over?

Defense played pretty good considering how many times Dak gifted the Eagles with a short field.

Garrett is ass.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

data

Forbes #1
2018 Dak Prescott 4th quarter stats when score within 7:

38/56, 438 yards, 1TD-0 INT

97.2 QB Rating

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
This is not good for our long-term chances at a real QB.

Kiss goodbye to 2019 off-season. Dak's your starter as defending NFC East Champs
That wasnt decided today. Jerry said that weeks ago.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The one thing I will give Dak Prescott credit for is that he does have heart and he is a guy who looks like who totally wants to be out on the field when it matters most and relishes the opportunity to make up for previously poor play.

He's a gamer.

But being a gamer doesn't make up for the kinds of flaws that can kill you in a game and almost killed us today. He deserves a ton of credit for fighting back and helping them to pull out that win, but his mistakes what are the reason why that game was even close like that to begin with.

And that list throw to Cooper off his back foot while falling backwards? A better defensive back and that could very well have been picked.

I know it's probably asking too much but I just wish that it's those things that the Cowboys staff would pick up on and not just gloss over the highlight plays.

And finally, this is the one that's going to sting me the most.....I have to actually give Jason Garrett some credit for finally learning from his mistakes - something that he has always called to do - and decided to take matters into his own hands and go for the win in overtime instead of taking the field goal and putting it on the defense like most coaches would have.

Props.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cooper > Dez.....discuss.

Dez > red zone threat.

Cooper > everywhere else.
Pretty much spot on. Cooper has been huge for this offense. Totally changed everything for us. I never thought a midseason trade for a WR could turn out so well.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Trubisky with the air mail special. Every QB misses throws.
But do they miss it three straight weeks in a row in the fourth quarter to a wide open receiver with a chance to ice the game?

Because Dak Prescott does.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
On the main page, it says the last post in this thread was made by Rockslamdance two hours ago.:shrug

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But do they miss it three straight weeks in a row in the fourth quarter to a wide open receiver with a chance to ice the game?

Because Dak Prescott does.
They all miss deep passes. The funny thing is Dak has missed them in the fourth quarter to clinch games. But we also find a way to win with Dak and often him leading the final drive to win.

This was actually a very Romo game. Find every way to fuck it up and pull the rabbit out of his ass at the end with great final stats. Just glad Dak was able to battle through the shitty play to win the game.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
The one thing I will give Dak Prescott credit for is that he does have heart and he is a guy who looks like who totally wants to be out on the field when it matters most and relishes the opportunity to make up for previously poor play.

He's a gamer.

Butter gamer doesn't make up for the kinds of flaws that can kill you in a game and almost killed us today. He deserves a ton of credit for fighting back and helping them to pull out that win, but his mistakes what are the reason why that game was even close like that to begin with.

And that list throw to Cooper off his back foot while falling backwards? A better defensive back and that could very well have been picked.

I know it's probably asking too much but I just wish that it's those things that the Cowboys staff would pick up on and not just gloss over the highlight plays.

And finally, this is the one that's going to sting me the most.....I have to actually give Jason Garrett some credit for finally learning from his mistakes - something that he has always called to do - and decided to take matters into his own hands and go for the win in overtime instead of taking the field goal and putting it on the defense like most coaches would have.

Props.
He reminds me a lot of early Vince Young. Better passer, but that’s not saying a lot. He’ll keep the games closer than they need to be and he’ll usually make a big play late to give you a chance.

He needs to be way better, but he’s what you’re stuck with for at least a few more years. When other parts of the team start to break down, he’ll be further exposed and he’ll fall out of favor.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Douglas held so bad on this play. If he doesn't it's a walk in TD. But it's better this way.

Top Bottom