Feedback/bugs/comments on new site

data

Forbes #1
Satisfied with the aesthetics as is...so props.

If I may suggest a minor enhancement to reduce clutter. Shortening the avatar sidebar probably eliminates much of the vertical space under our post's text, enabling denser posts for less scrolling. Even one-line posts right now consume a lot of vertical space.

Eliminate the Facebook 'share', Twitter 'tweet' buttons and the blue-bar under our avatar.

data

Forbes #1
The Advanced Editor's dark grey icons on top of the same dark grey toolbar makes the icons hard to read. Change the Icons to light gray?

p1_

DCC 4Life
Twitter tags not working for me.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Still getting an error message when I go to the site for the first time. Or when I gave been away for a while then come back. It doesn’t see to interfere with the operation.

p1_

DCC 4Life
what with the banner ? Tiny little jpeg lookin very spare.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
On mobile, it won’t keep me logged in. It does on my laptop.

Yes, I click the remember me button. Help meh.
this is what I get when logging in on mobile. It logs me in, but I have to relog if I close page.

Attachments

p1_

DCC 4Life
Twitter tags not working for me.
So, the twitter function works for me, if I include the full address. Using numbers alone doesnt get it.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Also, when i paste the tweet address, it is not visible. But it has actually pasted the address. You just cant see it. Very weird.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
this is what I get when logging in on mobile. It logs me in, but I have to relog if I close page.
Hmm, I'm not sure what that is all about. Is anyone else having this issue?

Cotton

Staff member
Also, when i paste the tweet address, it is not visible. But it has actually pasted the address. You just cant see it. Very weird.
I can see the twitter URLs fine when I post them.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cotton

Staff member
The Advanced Editor's dark grey icons on top of the same dark grey toolbar makes the icons hard to read. Change the Icons to light gray?
How does it look now?

Cotton

Staff member
Also, I have added back the spoiler and mention icons in the advanced editor. They weren't showing up before.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It doesn't work well with my phone's predictive texting. :lol

Desktop seems ok, though/

p1_

DCC 4Life
what would us having our own App cost?

Cotton

Staff member
I can’t access the site from work, so mobile is really all I have. Is there a separate setup for mobile than the regular site?
No, we decided to not go with an app, so just bring it up in a browser. I think this version is easier to navigate on a phone versus the previous version.

Cotton

Staff member
Also, not sure if it’s possible with what we have or not, but the Rivals boards have a nice setting where your notifications are shown as we have it, but all you have to do is hover over the number and a drop down appears to show the notification. No need to click and go to a new page to see them and be redirected.
Hmm, that would be cool. I'll see if I can't figure out how to make that happen.

Top Bottom