Feedback/bugs/comments on new site

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I'd like to start a new topic where we can post dislikes, likes, comments, etc about the site ONLY. This can be anything from color opinions, to fonts, general opinions, wants, needs, etc.

This way it will be easy to keep a running list, especially since I'm sure things are going to pop up the more people use the links and spend time posting.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
First off, I cannot see where to edit the avatars, plus the whole damn forum being BOLD is a little hard to deal with.

vince

Not So New Member
I feel like the site runs slow. Every other page I've visited loads normally, cept this one. Also if we could add at the top an option to skip to the last page of a thread. That'd be greeaaat. Other than that looks pretty sweet!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It does seem slow, especially on a desktop computer.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I’m not a fan of not being able to pick the page number in the thread until after I’ve entered it. I liked being able to pick the last page of a thread to enter it.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I can't believe we can't get page links in a thread instead of having to manually input the page number we want, or just the first/last buttons.

And also a return to forum button at the bottom.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
At the bottom of the page add “new posts” to the go to menu.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I’m not a fan of not being able to pick the page number in the thread until after I’ve entered it. I liked being able to pick the last page of a thread to enter it.
You can go to the the last unread post in a thread by clicking the button just to the right of the thread title.I have searched around for the option to add page links to the thread list in each forum but I can't find it.

EDIT: The button is to the left of the thread title, not right.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
At the bottom of the page add “new posts” to the go to menu.
You can click on "go to the top" and then click "new post" there. Some of this stuff is deep in the code and can't be changed without a mod. Just so everyone knows I have joined a vBulletin mod board to hopefully get some of these things. I will see if they can help us with some of this.

Cotton

Staff member
I fixed the issues with some of the avatars looking weird. Some may need to reposition their avs, but overall it worked great.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I fixed the issues with some of the avatars looking weird. Some may need to reposition their avs, but overall it worked great.
Looks better. Thank you.

Now how about the BOLD posts?

Cotton

Staff member
Looks better. Thank you.

Now how about the BOLD posts?
I have some wanting the bold and some not. You all are going to have to fight that shit out.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I have some wanting the bold and some not. You all are going to have to fight that shit out.
It doesn't bother me either way, but if we're voting on it and it bugs booze, I vote we keep the bold text.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
:lol

It's looking good, iamtdg. Props for the improvements the last couple of days.

I read another board with this latest version and it doesn't have the convenient last page button at the top, either. No idea why vbulletin would overlook that.

Cotton

Staff member
:lol

It's looking good, iamtdg. Props for the improvements the last couple of days.

I read another board with this latest version and it doesn't have the convenient last page button at the top, either. No idea why vbulletin would overlook that.
Good to hear. I thought I was just an idiot and couldn't find it. I am really digging this mod board I have found. The cat that owns this board knows his shit. And he is very willing to help. I may try to see if he is a Cowboys fan. We could have our very own lunch eating tech. :unsure

Top Bottom