jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe Murray should have taken the visit to the Redskins. He would have a crazy Snyder trade written all over him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There are reports that they are interested in trading up for Daniel Jones. :lol@ the Redskins

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are reports that they are interested in trading up for Daniel Jones. :lol
I really don't get the Daniel Jones love. He was well coached and still put up mediocre numbers with a mediocre arm. I'm certainly not a pro at predicting NFL QB success but I can't see it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I read that they're interested in Haskins, but wouldn't he be there at 15?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I doubt it but anything is possible. This is definitely a QB class with 4 guys who all could be the top QB on a teams board. As silly as that seems to me.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not necessarily. A lot of this is fueled by the belief that the Giants want a QB at six. They have paraded both Haskins and Jones around like they are.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I really don't get the Daniel Jones love. He was well coached and still put up mediocre numbers with a mediocre arm. I'm certainly not a pro at predicting NFL QB success but I can't see it.
It all comes as part of the propaganda put out there.

Oh, he was with David Cutcliffe at Duke and he's a Manning clone, blah blah blah.

The teams that love him are probably led by over-connected idiots who rely on what their little buddies in their social network have to say rather than just studying him intently.

If they decide they love his intangibles, they can then easily see what they want to watching him play.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Daniel Jones sucks, Haskins is pretty good but very immobile and doesn't respond well to pressure, which is a very bad combination. Either way I'm going to laugh my ass off if the Skins give up serious assets to move up for one of them.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
This is the least I've paid attention to the draft since I was probably 13. But just watching college football this year, I'm not impressed with Haskins at all . At all.

Maybe he has potential down the road, but right now I don't get the love for him. Other than the annual QB evaluation inflation that happens every year at draft time.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Haskins has great potential but he is a one year starter. If he goes to a team that plans on throwing him to the wolves right away he will fail. If he has a year or two to develop he may be all right.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Redskins are going to be a dumpster fire if they lose Williams. Not necessarily because they'll go 3-13 or anything like that, they should be able to get to 6ish wins with their strong front 7 and conservative playstyle, but losing your best OL, and your LT at that, when you're likely going to be playing a very inexperienced rookie with a lack of mobility/pocket presence is...not great.

Top Bottom