LOL @ the Redskins

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Scot McCloughan speaks (through Michael Robinson)

Posted by Mike Florio on March 30, 2017, 5:52 PM EDT

After heading to the Scouting Combine with a nonexistent P.R. plan for dealing with soon-to-be-ousted G.M. Scot McCloughan, Washington’s contingent to the league meetings in Phoenix consisted of team president Bruce Allen painting a positive picture to multiple reporters. (Despite multiple requests made this year and in prior years, the team has not made Allen available for an interview with PFT.)

Michael Robinson, a former NFL fullback, a current NFL Network analyst, and a friend of McCloughan, explained on a Richmond radio show a recent phone conversation with McCloughan.

“He knew the players loved him, and he started feeling the hate from Bruce Allen right around, well, he’s been feeling it, but when they didn’t let him speak [to reporters] at the Senior Bowl, he said to him that was his last straw, and he knew that he was on his way out,” Robinson said Thursday on The Wes McElroy Show, via the Richmond Times-Dispatch. “He said it was after a draft meeting, after the combine, Bruce called him up to his office and was just like, ‘Nobody likes you in this building. Nobody wants you here.’ And Scot was like, ‘Well, I guess I’m out of here.'”

McCloughan also told Robinson he doesn’t have “an issue right now drinking,” and that “I haven’t touched a drink in a while.”

Amid the possibility of a grievance and/or litigation from McCloughan, it’s possible if not likely that the two sides are attempting to work something out informally. If McCloughan were hell bent on a legal pound of flesh, he’d already be seeking it; the fact that he hasn’t initiated proceedings strongly suggests that efforts are underway to resolve the situation before it gets to that point.

If litigation is looming, it probably makes sense for McCloughan not to do any further talking, either directly to the media or to friends who are in the media. When it comes to any form of court proceedings, anything you say and will be used against you, if the other side can find a way to spin what was said into a benefit.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
McCloughan would be a good consultant for Dallas to hire to review their draft strategy and prospect grades. Addictions aside, the man has a knack for talent evaluation.

midswat

... soon
Redskins' Trent Murphy banned four games for PEDs

Washington Redskins linebacker Trent Murphy has been suspended the first four games of next season for violating the NFL's performance enhancing drug policy, the Associated Press reports.

The league announced the suspension Friday. Murphy is suspended without pay for the first four regular-season games, but he can participate in offseason workouts and preseason games.

Murphy, 26, was second on the Redskins with nine sacks last year, trailing only Ryan Kerrigan. He had 47 tackles at linebacker after the Redskins went into training camp planning to move Murphy to defensive line.

An injury to linebacker Junior Galette forced Murphy to remain at linebacker last season.

Murphy has 112 tackles in three NFL seasons.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Bruce Allen guy.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Scot McCloughan speaks (through Michael Robinson)

Posted by Mike Florio on March 30, 2017, 5:52 PM EDT

After heading to the Scouting Combine with a nonexistent P.R. plan for dealing with soon-to-be-ousted G.M. Scot McCloughan, Washington’s contingent to the league meetings in Phoenix consisted of team president Bruce Allen painting a positive picture to multiple reporters. (Despite multiple requests made this year and in prior years, the team has not made Allen available for an interview with PFT.)

Michael Robinson, a former NFL fullback, a current NFL Network analyst, and a friend of McCloughan, explained on a Richmond radio show a recent phone conversation with McCloughan.

“He knew the players loved him, and he started feeling the hate from Bruce Allen right around, well, he’s been feeling it, but when they didn’t let him speak [to reporters] at the Senior Bowl, he said to him that was his last straw, and he knew that he was on his way out,” Robinson said Thursday on The Wes McElroy Show, via the Richmond Times-Dispatch. “He said it was after a draft meeting, after the combine, Bruce called him up to his office and was just like, ‘Nobody likes you in this building. Nobody wants you here.’ And Scot was like, ‘Well, I guess I’m out of here.'”

McCloughan also told Robinson he doesn’t have “an issue right now drinking,” and that “I haven’t touched a drink in a while.”

Amid the possibility of a grievance and/or litigation from McCloughan, it’s possible if not likely that the two sides are attempting to work something out informally. If McCloughan were hell bent on a legal pound of flesh, he’d already be seeking it; the fact that he hasn’t initiated proceedings strongly suggests that efforts are underway to resolve the situation before it gets to that point.

If litigation is looming, it probably makes sense for McCloughan not to do any further talking, either directly to the media or to friends who are in the media. When it comes to any form of court proceedings, anything you say and will be used against you, if the other side can find a way to spin what was said into a benefit.
Coincidentally, did you know that the District of Columbia was initially an actual swamp before it was developed as the Nations capital.

Edit: History scholars down play this however.

Last edited:

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Coincidentally, did you know that the District of Columbia was initially an actual swamp before it was developed as the Nations capital.

Edit: History scholars down play this however.
Yep. That's why I've used the derogatory term "Potomac Drainage Basin Indigenous People" to refer to the 'Skins in the past. I lived in NJ and MD both and am fairly familiar with the area. Very low elevation compared to areas further inland, prone to flooding. I still have family there that endured the flooding after Sandy. My one brother worked in DC, lived in northern VA from the late 70s to about five years ago and dealt with flooding often. High water tables that can only absorb so much rain before it floods. The subdivision I live in was built over what was a swamp. The housing company built up the land with anything they could get their hands on to raise the houses further above the water table. These houses have basements as a result, the houses right across the street do not because they're not elevated and closer to the water table. They don't have basements, they have crawl spaces(Some people call them Michigan basements). My one neighbor across the street had to replace his water heater once several years ago but he had to install one of of those short, lower capacity ones because it was located in his crawl space under the main living area. I have a full basement with a concrete floor and a "standard" 40 gallon water heater.

A good part of Manhattan in NY is basically built on a landfill.

http://gizmodo.com/5-parts-of-nyc-built-on-garbage-and-waste-1682267605

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The article didn't really touch on it, but when talking about him on the radio this morning they said it was his fear of head injury for why he planned to retire.
You'd think a young guy like that would at least want to make a few years of money before retiring. I mean it seems silly not to bank like 4 mil and than retire.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
kleese
Posted October 4
I haven't felt this way very often at all since before I could drive a car. For the record, I just turned 40, so this statement dates me back to 1991-1992.

At no point over these past 25 years have I ever wavered on my passion for the Redskins. At no point have not been able to find the joy in following the team. Even through the painful games/seasons, I have always found it worth my time.

But one thing I had more or less forgotten is how different it is to watch the Redskins while simultaneously being hopeful AND confident. Sometimes they haven't really allowed for either. Most of the time, I can conjure the hope. Rarely have I been able to say the same about the confidence.

And that is what changed for me on Monday Night. First of all, I don't come from this at the same angle as many of you do. My stance stayed firm all off-season: This is the best roster from a pure talent standpoint the Redskins have had since 1991. I felt that strongly. I still do. This roster is more or less stacked with quality players. Now, that doesn't always equal big success. Lots of things can deter that-- organizational chaos, coaching, injuries, luck, etc... But speaking strictly on talent I entered the season fairly confident that we had the ability to be a good team.

Week one shook the confidence in that, no doubt. We didn't looked terrible, but we certainly looked shaky. But over these past three weeks, the Redskins have begun to appear as I envisioned them over the summer.

The thing about confidence is that you can't fake it. It is either there or it isn't. You can lie about it of course (to others or yourself) but deep down you know the truth.

Since 1992 (when I still had strong faith that that 9-7 team could get back to the Super Bowl) my moments of true confidence have been fleeting.

Towards the end of 2005 was likely my most confident. During that three game run against the other East teams to end the season, I felt great about the team. Felt we could beat anyone. Had strong confidence we would beat Tampa in the wild card game. I knew Seattle was tough, but I felt we were right there with them. Came up short that day, but going in I felt good-- and sort of subconsciously that made it more enjoyable.

2012 would be the other example. But that happens REALLY late for me. It was until we were up 14-0 on Seattle that I started to get a swagger. Prior to that I felt we were just on a hot streak and I was waiting for it to implode. Of course, it DID implode like three minutes later, but that is neither here nor there. Those were the two teams in 25 years I truly and honestly felt CONFIDENT that the Redskins could go to a Super Bowl. Hopeful a few other teams here and there? Sure, but hope is where it ended.

This team feels so incredibly different to me. I don't think they've arrived yet and we are relying on a lot of youth (especially on D) which could equal a few more bumps in road. But through four games, I LOVE watching this team. First of all, the defense is LAYING PEOPLE OUT. We are absolutely destroying people physically out there. Our interior DL has been stellar -- Allen and Ioannadis are a menace. And we are popping people all over the field on all levels. The scheme also appears to be sound. Chiefs are as frustrating to stop as it gets- I credit them for finding little gaps against us to keep drives alive-- and for sure the injuries hurt us Monday-- I definitely think it contributed to a partial wear down. But we have ballers everywhere.

Offensively, we are still very good. And you can just see greatness there as soon as Pryor and Doc settle in and become a bit more reliable and efficient. But we are close.

During that final drive, I felt supremely confident. We already saw a drive like that once in Los Angeles and I felt it was coming again. The timeout by Jay was a mistake, no doubt. That frustrated me when it happened and it still bugs me. Mistake on his part. But the next play was right there. I don't think it was a choke-- it was a near miss. It is certainly a play you need to make if you want to be a Super Bowl caliber team-- but it's OK to miss that play in week 4 and use it as a tool and motivation to get better.

We had em. We went toe to toe with arguably the best team in the league in their house on Monday Night. And it didn't come off as fluky or lucky. If anything, Lady Luck worked against a bit-- the up for grabs ball on the Chiefs second to last drive, and a few of the more iffy penalties come to mind.

Glass is half empty person might say, "yeah, same old story-- Skins close but no cigar, find a way to lose." But the thing is, this ISN'T the same old story. We HAVEN'T shown up in games of that caliber to that level all that often. For three straight weeks now, we have played VERY VERY well overall. That ISN'T something we've been able to say a whole lot.

You can sense it too. They were mad after the game. I think they felt they should have won because they think they are better than the Chiefs. That may or may not be true, but it's nice that it's debatable at least.

I am a huge Gruden fan. Like all fans, I have some minutia issues with him that bother me, but big picture stuff with him-- I think he's a winner. I think he's changed the culture within the organization-- or at least on the sidelines. He needed more talent and a better scheme on defense in order to take another step. He got it. That's clear as day.

I could still be wrong of course and/or injures could derail things. But it appears as if we've dodged any major issues in that regard despite all the hobbled dudes. And yes, if we go out and lay an egg against the Niners and fall to 2-3, then yeah, we undo a whole bunch, if not all, of the good we've shown thus far. But I don't think that's going to happen. I have confidence this team will be ready to play and ready to respond. Read to take on the rest of the season and make a real run at the division and perhaps beyond.

It's really nice to feel this way. I have zero dread of the remainder of the season. Only excitement.

LetThePointsSoar
Posted 11 hours ago
Re-reading the first page of this thread is ****ing depressing.

That's all I've got tonight. Ugh.

NickyJ NickyJ
Posted 11 hours ago
11 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Why, as a consumer, should one continuously support a routinely subpar and inept product?
Because for the past 30 years, we have been subpar and inept, but this year it's going to be different. This time it will be competitively inept.

😆😆😆

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Redskins are well known to be a complete piece of shit organization, my boy is pretty high up in sales for the Wizards and is often contacted by the Redskins seeing if he'd jump over, and despite actually being a Redskin fan he says he'd never do it in a million years because of how terrible it is working for them.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Eh, the female head of the squad disputes the account.

I wouldn't be shocked if this is a hit piece because of anti-Redskins sentiment.

If the story is that the team marketed them as sexual objects to sell something, well.... no shit.

Top Bottom