LOL @ the Redskins

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, I do.

I value their historical place in the league.

If they have to change the exact name, I want as much as possible about the historicity of the franchise to remain, including color scheme and mascot imagery.... in a non offensive way.
Same here. I still think the Native American warrior is an admirable symbol and see no reason to completely eliminate it.

But I guess the PC crowd is going to win out.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I love laughing at the Redskins' organizational incompetence but I think there is an inherent coolness and toughness about the NFC East - they all have (had) classic names.... Cowboys.... Eagles.... Giants.... Redskins.

Names like Jaguars and Panthers are so generic, their color schemes are post-modern boring, they are just not classic. The Redskins scrapping the entire motif likely means another bland-ass naming like the Red Wolves with stupid fucking art work, a stupid logo, and terrible updated uniform colors (maroon, but let's throw in GRAY! Like a wolf!! Grrr!).

The NFC and AFC South are replete with bad artwork that I think detracts from their status. Granted the NFC South has been kicking our ass on the field but yet these NFC East historical franchises remain way bigger draws than teams like the Panthers or Buccaneers, or Jaguars or Texans.

I do think changing too much about the Redskins - especially if it's a boring ass name like the Red Wolves (could you be any more generic? Pick an animal predator and call it red! Durrr), destroys a lot of the historical intrigue of the NFC East.

Sad day.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I love laughing at the Redskins' organizational incompetence but I think there is an inherent coolness and toughness about the NFC East - they all have (had) classic names.... Cowboys.... Eagles.... Giants.... Redskins.

Names like Jaguars and Panthers are so generic, their color schemes are post-modern boring, they are just not classic. The Redskins scrapping the entire motif likely means another bland-ass naming like the Red Wolves with stupid fucking art work, a stupid logo, and terrible updated uniform colors (maroon, but let's throw in GRAY! Like a wolf!! Grrr!).

The NFC and AFC South are replete with bad artwork that I think detracts from their status. Granted the NFC South has been kicking our ass on the field but yet these historical franchises remain way bigger draws than teams like the Panthers or Buccaneers, or Jaguars or Texans.

I do think changing too much about the Redskins - especially if it's a boring ass name like the Red Wolves (could you be any more generic? Pick an animal predator and call it red! Durrr), destroys a lot of the historical intrigue of the NFC East.

Sad day.
One way or the other I think their jerseys will mostly look the same and I'm sure their classic "R" script will be prominent if the team is named "Red whatever".

Their logo might even be that "R".

Ultimately I think they're going to try to keep as much of their historical imagery, colors, jerseys, etc.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Is there talk of that, really? Like you said, at least keep the exact same colors.

And I hadn't even thought of another round of super shitty Nike "modern" designs. Ugh.

I wouldn't change the helmet, but if they have to, their old classic one with the arrowhead would be great to keep as the main helmet.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Is there talk of that, really? Like you said, at least keep the exact same colors.

And I hadn't even thought of another round of super shitty Nike "modern" designs. Ugh.

I wouldn't change the helmet, but if they have to, their old classic one with the arrowhead would be great to keep as the main helmet.
Keeping the same colors but changing everything else (nickname, all related imagery) certainly means a uniform re-design around "the same," colors but will surely have tweaks, changes, additions.

I'm assuming it will all be terrible.

I would live with using the arrowhead instead of the actual Native American, but again, as Simp said, they are apparently scrapping all Native Imagery (and therefore also presumably not taking a native-inspired honorable name like the Warriors, similar to the Chiefs).

Which I oppose.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it should be the Red Pig Skins. :art
I think Warthogs actually would be good for them. But I guess that leaves out the fancy R. I guess they could be Red Warthogs but I guess I'd prefer they have a shittier name. Isn't it a nickname for a fighter jet or something too?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Ticket saying they're being called the "Washington Football Team"... but looking at Schefter's twitter, that's just temporary until they get the real name established.

Maybe the guy who trademarked all the likely names is being more difficult than he claimed he'd be?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
They're actually going to be selling Washington Football Team gear on the official sites. :lol

Good luck moving that merch. It'll probably end up in clearance bins and your local Ross and Walmart stores. Whatever they don't sell will end up on the backs of the citizens of poor African nations and Venezuelans.

Snyder should have changed the name a long time ago. Could have had a seamless transition from the old to the new without taking this one year hit of being saddled with that silly "Football Team" nickname.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They're actually going to be selling Washington Football Team gear on the official sites. :lol

Good luck moving that merch. It'll probably end up in clearance bins and your local Ross and Walmart stores. Whatever they don't sell will end up on the backs of the citizens of poor African nations and Venezuelans.

Snyder should have changed the name a long time ago. Could have had a seamless transition from the old to the new without taking this one year hit of being saddled with that silly "Football Team" nickname.
I mean I understand not rushing to a name right now when you will have many years with that name. But yeah he should have seen this coming years ago and been preparing. It's not like this is new, the BLM movement just sort of pushed it over the edge.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah, I do.

I value their historical place in the league.

If they have to change the exact name, I want as much as possible about the historicity of the franchise to remain, including color scheme and mascot imagery.... in a non offensive way.

I don't want them changing to Wolves or any such nonsense. Cowboys vs. Indians should remain a motif.
I agree. I hate the Washington Redskins and their fans.

But I hate it more that they are being woke bullied into changing their name.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
it kills tanks, I think
The A-10 Warthog is a low-altitude close air support aircraft. Mainly used to strafe ground troops and take out light armored vehicles, along with bombing bunkers. It is capable of shooting depleted uranium armor piercing and incendiary rounds and dropping larger bombs to take out tank formations.

It's the best friend of American ground troops. Straight up destroys anything in it's path. It's a slow moving plane, but has one of the strongest short range offensive capabilities of any of our aircraft.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The A-10 Warthog is a low-altitude close air support aircraft. Mainly used to strafe ground troops and take out light armored vehicles, along with bombing bunkers. It is capable of shooting depleted uranium armor piercing and incendiary rounds and dropping larger bombs to take out tank formations.

It's the best friend of American ground troops. Straight up destroys anything in it's path. It's a slow moving plane, but has one of the strongest short range offensive capabilities of any of our aircraft.
I want to be your friend.

Top Bottom