LOL @ the Redskins

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It's basically the only acceptable option to me of all the suggestions I've heard.
Early on they were saying Red Wolves or something else with an "R" so that they can hold on to certain things like the HTTR acronym.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You can keep the color scheme with Warriors.

You could keep the logo too but I heard they won’t, sadly.

Who cares about HTTR hashtag? Make it HTTW.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Apparently it's a big deal to their fan base and something they want to hang on to if possible.

Even though they're being forced to rebrand they want to hang on to as much of their traditional material as possible.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
You can keep the color scheme with Warriors.

You could keep the logo too but I heard they won’t, sadly.

They could still use the early 70s helmets with the arrow on them.

data

Forbes #1
The theme will be interesting. Do they stay natives-ish with an arrow? Or do they go towards military or gladiator (sword)? Political with monuments? Or completely neutral with just DC?

I think anything native-ish is gone. No arrows, no feathers, no war paint, nothing.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
They already said they're getting rid of all "Native American imagery", no idea if that means the helmet with the arrow/feather or not but I'm sure basically everything else will be gone.

I'm looking forward to them either getting rid of their horrendous "fight song" or altering it to jam in whatever the new name is.

data

Forbes #1
m looking forward to them either getting rid of their horrendous "fight song" or altering it to jam in whatever the new name is.
hail to the warriors
Hail victory
Strive for the touchdown
Fight for victory

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Call them the Washington Red Necks and it will cover a lot of fans.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Apparently it's a big deal to their fan base and something they want to hang on to if possible.

Even though they're being forced to rebrand they want to hang on to as much of their traditional material as possible.
But isn't that served better by keeping the Native American theming in a respectful way?

Switching from indigenous people to animals is a way bigger change, all to accomodate an acronym.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
They already said they're getting rid of all "Native American imagery", no idea if that means the helmet with the arrow/feather or not but I'm sure basically everything else will be gone.
I assume it is probable that is the case - I will just hate it.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Do you really care about what the Redskins do that much? I mean they are mostly something for us to laugh at.
Yeah, I do.

I value their historical place in the league.

If they have to change the exact name, I want as much as possible about the historicity of the franchise to remain, including color scheme and mascot imagery.... in a non offensive way.

I don't want them changing to Wolves or any such nonsense. Cowboys vs. Indians should remain a motif.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah, I do.

I value their historical place in the league.

If they have to change the exact name, I want as much as possible about the historicity of the franchise to remain, including color scheme and mascot imagery.... in a non offensive way.

I don't want them changing to Wolves or any such nonsense. Cowboys vs. Indians should remain a motif.
Meh, I'd rather them have a completely embarrassing name, fuck them and their fans.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
They should've said "Look, it's way too late to change the name and color scheme, so you're just gonna have to live with it for another season." Instead, they're trying to rush everything to placate SJW's and crazy people.

Top Bottom