LOL @ the Redskins

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

wut?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It is not that unusual. The Bills did it a few years ago and they seem to work out somewhat okay.

They pick second in every round. It shouldn't be that hard to take Chase Young and then cherry pick the rest of the way.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
The rivalry won't be the same if they change to Redhawks or Redtails. No one will say "Hey, it's Redhawks week." Fuck Snyder for not standing up to the extortionists.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
The rivalry won't be the same if they change to Redhawks or Redtails. No one will say "Hey, it's Redhawks week." Fuck Snyder for not standing up to the extortionists.
He hasn't caved yet. If he does all this study shit and then says naw we're sticking with the name I will grudgingly give him props

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He hasn't caved yet. If he does all this study shit and then says naw we're sticking with the name I will grudgingly give him props
Schefter says there will not be any native american imagery in the new name.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Schefter says there will not be any native american imagery in the new name.
Then he's a pussy that bowed to the mob and I will lol at him accordingly

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The Chiefs use Native American imagery, that’s not the issue.

They weren’t named after scalp tissue used to collect bounties during a genocide.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Dan McDowell of the Ticket was talking about a study or article that the term "Redskins" was used in NA language before white men ever arrived here. I guess some peoples used it to identify themselves vs other tribes, etc. and it was in no way a negative. Also talked about studies we've probably all seen that many NA people aren't offended at all by the name and don't want it to go away.

He asked if this is more about certain white people wanting to feel better about themselves than the target people actually being offended. Ya think?

It's funny when non political people (and he sounds Dem, his wife ran locally as one) stumble on to these things by asking common sense questions.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
They won’t be happy until all teams are named after prominent blacks, gays, or trans people.

Washington Wesley Snipes.
Cincinnati Kaitlyns
Las Vegas Ellens
Denver Tupacs

And so on.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
They won’t be happy until all teams are named after prominent blacks, gays, or trans people.

Washington Wesley Snipes.
Cincinnati Kaitlyns
Las Vegas Ellens
Denver Tupacs

And so on.
How about the New England Nacks.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Kansas City Kardashians
Seattle Starbucks
Los Angeles Lebrons

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
How about we just laugh at these shitbirds for having to change their name and leave the political bullshit in the Trump threads?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
How about we just laugh at these shitbirds for having to change their name and leave the political bullshit in the Trump threads?
Yeah I'm in favor of leaving the political stuff in the political boards.

But that being said it does have some bearing on this thread as it's a Redskins thread.

And I will say I'm upset and angered that they are being pressured into changing the team name when there's no real indication that a plurality of Native Americans, or Americans in general, think it should be changed.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

But that being said it does have some bearing on this thread as it's a Redskins thread.

And I will say I'm upset and angered that they are being pressured into changing the team name when there's no real indication that a plurality of Native Americans, or Americans in general, think it should be changed.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Yea but fuck the Redskins.

Them changing their name to Redwolves or Warriors or RedHawks or some other kitschy name is the ultimate lol @ the Redskins, even if they're strong-armed into it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yea but fuck the Redskins.

Them changing their name to Redwolves or Warriors or RedHawks or some other kitschy name is the ultimate lol @ the Redskins, even if they're strong-armed into it.
I will be starting the :lol@the redtails thread.

data

Forbes #1
Does NFL ban fans from wearing any ‘Redskins’ clothing at the stadiums - home or away?

Does NFL blurry historical photos with it?

Top Bottom