Mike McCarthy Fired

Smitty

DCC 4Life
In the past he has done those things. His career resume outshines Garrett no competition.

But as of today I am not sure McCarthy is significantly better right this second.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
In the past he has done those things. His career resume outshines Garrett no competition.

But as of today I am not sure McCarthy is significantly better right this second.
I have zero doubt that McCarthy is a better coach than Garrett. Even at this very minute.

Sometimes things get stagnant. It was clearly time for a change in Green BAY, but I have little doubt he'll land on his feet with another team.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I have zero doubt that McCarthy is a better coach than Garrett. Even at this very minute.

Sometimes things get stagnant. It was clearly time for a change in Green BAY, but I have little doubt he'll land on his feet with another team.
Yep. Can you confidently say the same for Garrett if he were fired after the season? I don't think so.

I guess it's still possible because NFL organizations have a long history of lazily recycling average coaches. But even that trend appears to be coming to an end as organizations are finally starting to think outside the box a bit more when it comes to head coach hires.

In the end I would bet against Garrett finding another head coach gig outside of Dallas. I think he'll end up on someone's staff, assuming he doesn't end up in the Cowboys front office, but I think his head coaching career ends once his tenure in Dallas is over.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Rodgers going full Lebron James.

But yeah, not a McCarthy fan but of course he'd be an improvement over Garrett. People can claim their success there was all Rodgers, and most of it was, but I still remember McCarthy coming back from a 23 point deficit to beat Garrett... with Matt Freaking Flynn. :doh

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Well, the XFL is probably looking for coaches for their 2020 season.

Top Bottom