Cooper Rush should be nervous...

p1_

DCC 4Life
Plenty of quarterbacks are available

Posted by Mike Florio on September 2, 2018, 11:26 AM EDT

In an earlier item regarding whether the Broncos will keep quarterback Paxton Lynch beyond today, it was mentioned that more than 30 quarterbacks became available on Saturday.

Given the importance of the quarterback position to the league, it’s worth taking a look at the full list of names.

First, the players who are still subject to waivers claims: Chad Kanoff; Kurt Benkert; Garrett Grayson; Josh Woodrum; Kyle Allen; Garrett Gilbert; Logan Woodside; Jake Rudock, Phillip Walker; Tanner Lee; Chase Litton; Nic Shimonek; Luis Perez; Bryce Petty; Peter Pujals; Danny Etling; J.T. Barrett; Connor Cook; Joe Callahan; Christian Hackenberg; Jack Heneghan; Nick Mullens; Alex McGough; Austin Allen; Luke Falk; Kevin Hogan; and Connor Jessop.

Next, the vested veterans, who instantly become free agents: Tyler Bray; Joe Webb; Tom Savage; Landry Jones; Matt Barkley; and Austin Davis. EJ Manuel officially joins that bunch today, given that he was released by the Raiders after the acquisition of A.J. McCarron via trade from the Bills.

That’s 34 quarterbacks, in a league that is still desperate to find 64 who are game ready at any given moment. And that number could go down, or up, throughout the course of the next few days.

For those who don’t get a chance to land with an NFL team, the phone may be ringing very soon, given the presence of the Alliance of American Football. Which will give them both a chance to get paid and a chance to play, giving them the kind of reps they need to fully develop.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Not one of those names sounds really interesting, Cook might be tops, and that says a lot...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not one of those names sounds really interesting, Cook might be tops, and that says a lot...
Yeah I mean it's not a great list but Rush isn't great either. So even Landry Jones and Joe Webb might be just as good

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Do it, Jerry.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Do it, Jerry.
Dude had a crazy arm but he had been known to make boneheaded decisions. Crazy that the giants gave up on him so wary. I guess they made up their mind that he wants the future.

Cotton

Staff member
Dude had a crazy arm but he had been known to make boneheaded decisions. Crazy that the giants gave up on him so wary. I guess they made up their mind that he wants the future.
The bad decisions can be coached out of him.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Does Moore get a chance to be a coach before he is deemed incompetent.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The bad decisions can be coached out of him.
Well shit, of that’s the case all a guy needs is a big arm. Bad decisions can be coached out...

It looks like you just solved the NFL shortage probably in one post!

Cotton

Staff member
Well shit, of that’s the case all a guy needs is a big arm. Bad decisions can be coached out...

It looks like you just solved the NFL shortage probably in one post!
It's not just a big arm. He is accurate, too. Bad decisions is the easiest thing to coach out of a QB as long as they are coachable. He would be a good backup for us.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It's not just a big arm. He is accurate, too. Bad decisions is the easiest thing to coach out of a QB as long as they are coachable. He would be a good backup for us.
Actually, he would be a good backup. But that in no way encourages me to stop being a smart ass.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Why is this so important to you?
It seems to me to be a little knee jerk to trash a person before the even get an opportunity to prove themselves one way or another.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Let's just say the early returns are not promising.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Do it, Jerry.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
White has a big arm. If that's what we want them just cut Rush and move on.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Just give me someone with developmental potential. 70% of the time (give or take), if you have to resort to a backup for any length of time you're likely screwed. Unless you're say, The Patriots.

Top Bottom