Raiders To Trade Khalil Mack To Bears

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

GShock

DCC 4Life
Wow. Are the Raiders so far away that the picks are worth more to them than a top 5 DE?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Raiders fans have to be pissed at this move. Mack is a stud. Players like that don't come along too often.

I wonder if Mack's hold out was rooted in personality conflict with the new regime.

As for the Bears, love it for them. Gives them a great pass rusher who can help against a division full of top notch QBs.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Wow. Are the Raiders so far away that the picks are worth more to them than a top 5 DE?
Depends on what they get. Anything short of two firsts plus, Gruden is an idiot.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Donald's deal-

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Raiders fans have to be pissed at this move. Mack is a stud. Players like that don't come along too often.

I wonder if it Mack's hold out was rooted in personality conflict with the new regime.

As for the Bears, love it for them. Gives them a great pass rusher who can help against a division full of top notch QBs.
Two first round picks for the Bears and a 20+ mil per year deal? They better really hope they hit on Trubisky or those are going to be top 5 draft picks.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, I didn't keep up with this saga at all, but why wouldn't the Raiders just pay him? They could/should have a good team the next few years with a good QB in place.

And what kind of conflict could there be with the coaches or front office? Isn't Mack a good guy? I've never heard of any kind of sketchy behavior with him.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Two first round picks for the Bears and a 20+ mil per year deal? They better really hope they hit on Trubisky or those are going to be top 5 draft picks.
Agreed. Love this deal for the raiders assuming they got a huge haul. Hate it for the bears. This has a high probability of ruining the bears for the next couple years unless trubisky is the real deal immediately (which I doubt).

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yep, such a strange fit. This should be a Haley-type trade to put a contending team over the top, and the Bears are the exact opposite of that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agreed. Love this deal for the raiders assuming they got a huge haul. Hate it for the bears. This has a high probability of ruining the bears for the next couple years unless trubisky is the real deal immediately (which I doubt).
I've seen nothing I've liked from Trubisky frankly. I'd rather have all 5 first round rookies this past season over him at QB. But we will see. It's a lot riding on a guy who completed 59% of his passes last year while barely throwing the ball.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Yep, such a strange fit. This should be a Haley-type trade to put a contending team over the top, and the Bears are the exact opposite of that.
Mack's best years are still ahead of him. The guy probably hasn't even hit his prime yet. I have no problem taking a gamble under those circumstances.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
And what kind of conflict could there be with the coaches or front office? Isn't Mack a good guy? I've never heard of any kind of sketchy behavior with him.
From what I've heard Gruden and other coaches had reached out to Mack multiple times and he wouldn't respond to them at all

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mack's best years are still ahead of him. The guy probably hasn't even hit his prime yet. I have no problem taking a gamble under those circumstances.
He is 27, I'd say he is in his prime already. Pass rushers can play a long time though so he may be in that prime for awhile.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Nice compensation, but they still have to hit on those picks, and Lord knows the draft is a crapshoot. The Rams did nothing with the Eric Dickerson windfall, or the picks they acquired from the Skins for RG3.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I know Mack is elite but man, that's a big price to pay these days. Coming on the heels of that Donald deal, I wonder what his contract will look like.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Nice compensation, but they still have to hit on those picks, and Lord knows the draft is a crapshoot. The Rams did nothing with the Eric Dickerson windfall, or the picks they acquired from the Skins for RG3.
That's a separate component though. Just like you could flip the script and say what have the Raiders ever won with Mack?

That doesn't mean it's not worth it to have the player, or to have the picks. You still have to do something with it.

But I'm very wary of paying that kind of money to a non quarterback. In a lot of ways I'd rather have the picks. I'm a strong believer in having multiple bites at the apple anyway so no matter what you're going to flub some picks but the more picks you have the more you're going to hit on.

Top Bottom