TO refuses hall of fame appearance/acceptance

p1_

DCC 4Life
What a maroon!

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Meh, he's not stupid, he knows that while his numbers are among the best, it will be his antics on and off the field that he'll be most remembered for. He could/should use this opportunity as a mea culpa and take ownership of all that drama, putting it behind him once and for all. He still lacks the maturity to navigate this situation, so he's taking the "easy" out.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I think it's perfect. T.O. has always had a volatile relationship with the media. Good for him going out on the big stage the way he wants, thumbing his nose at the establishment. It's not hurting anyone, and it is accomplishing exactly what he wants. Getting people to talk about him even more than they would have if it was just a normal HOF induction.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
I think it's perfect. T.O. has always had a volatile relationship with the media. Good for him going out on the big stage the way he wants, thumbing his nose at the establishment. It's not hurting anyone, and it is accomplishing exactly what he wants. Getting people to talk about him even more than they would have if it was just a normal HOF induction.
You don't think this may become a regrettable decision by him?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You don't think this may become a regrettable decision by him?
I doubt it. T.O. lives to put on a show. While he is missing out on participating sitting through many long, drawn out speeches he'll eventually put something together where he is the center of attention and the media will be there in droves to gobble it up. T.O. doesn't care if people think he's an idiot and talk shit about him. As long as they are talking about him, that's all that matters to him. And he accomplished that and then some with his withdrawing from the HOF ceremony. This will be remembered and talked about for years, and that's what he wants.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Attention. Whore.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
T.O. needs to get some professional help. He's so volatile and emotionally fucked up it wouldn't surprise me if he tried suicide again someday.

data

Forbes #1
I thought I heard his intent was trying to throw his own induction ceremony and get a network to air it. Cashing in.

Cotton

Staff member

He is referring to Michael Irvin reading texts from TO to him on the air.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
He is referring to Michael Irvin reading texts from TO to him on the air.
Irvin was reading texts that T.O. had sent him on the air? If so, that's horseshit. You can't do that.

Cotton

Staff member
Irvin was reading texts that T.O. had sent him on the air? If so, that's horseshit. You can't do that.
That’s my understanding.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Owen's needs a big fat hug. No wait. Years of therapy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Owen's mistrusts the media, yet he texts a member. Honestly I bet the pair of them are loving the attention.

Top Bottom